It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge declares US gay-marriage ban is unconstitutional

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
btw. i have seen numerous people comment "the only reason you would want to get married are the benefits it gives", and i could not disagree more, and honestly i think it is a very hypocritical position to take. if tax breaks is your reason for wanting to get married, you shouldn't get married at all. its about love and commitment.

That's all fine and good. Tell me though. Are you ready to deny your own tax breaks yourself? If so, I think you should write your representative explianing that you only want your marriage to be valid in the eyes of the Lord and that tax breaks should NOT be given to you.

Are you willing to do this? If not, why? Because you enjoy those tax breaks?

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Nutter]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

Originally posted by intrepid
You sure about that?

Very sure. Your not supposed to be having sex with yourself.

Really? Your Urologist would tell you that by cleaning your own pipes 3 times a week, we (males) reduce our chances for prostate infections and cancer. I watched my dad go thru that... it's not a fun thing. I'm willing to do what it takes to prevent myself.
www.newscientist.com...
Prostate Cancer is the leading cause of death behind lung cancer in males.

Oh and what you do with yourself is between you and God, and I'm pretty sure He won't care. If He made it feel good then that was the intention wasn't it? I'm sure you're one of those women don't orgasm folks too.

Find me someone who claims they never masturbated and I'll show you that they are a damned liar. The only thing that prevents them from speaking out is some sort of religious shame...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 1xion325alpha

I would be more than happy to IM you what the Bible says about homosexuality. It covers the perversion in more than two verses.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

Then tell me skippy, who then should determine right from wrong? Where should our laws come from? Let's cover something really quick. You Godless heathans piss and moan about the separation of church and state and wanting religion out of government but whenever a moral issue comes up you want the government to step in. I don't get that. You want the church to have no say so in politics or government yet it's ok for the government to have a say so in moral issues. Make up your minds. Homosexuality and abortion are two very big moral and social issues that you people want the government to control. You want control from them anytime you feel threatened by Christianity.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
Where should our laws come from?

The Consitution via the SC. And they have already ruled on this issue.

You Godless heathans piss and moan about the separation of church and state and wanting religion out of government but whenever a moral issue comes up you want the government to step in. I don't get that. You want the church to have no say so in politics or government yet it's ok for the government to have a say so in moral issues. Make up your minds. Homosexuality and abortion are two very big moral and social issues that you people want the government to control. You want control from them anytime you feel threatened by Christianity.

What makes moral issues "religious" issues? I have damn fine morals. They just aren't yours. That's why it goes to the SC. So that the issues are settled by those that understand the Constitution the best(one would hope).

You want control from them anytime you feel threatened by Christianity.

Ah, here's the crux of the matter..... control. The religious have been protected by the gov't for so long it's hard to give it up. Unfortunately the world has grown up. I suggest that those others catch up.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

If you think homosexuality is not unnatural and wrong and you would have sex with anyone for money then I'm not so sure about those "damn fine morals".

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

If you think homosexuality is not unnatural and wrong and you would have sex with anyone for money then I'm not so sure about those "damn fine morals".

You're judging and I haven't committed a sin.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I just cant beieve that a savvy evangelical has not seen a niche with the pink pound/dollar yet... Do they not know that gay people have money too? Maybe i too should set up shop, sell salvation and tap into THAT goldmine huh?

Churchianity is a business that uses peoples fears and prejudce to get money,.. The REAL church is the body that jas been purchased by Gods blood and with one commandment to love one another... Yeshua paid our price and set us free. THE CURCH JUST BINDS YOU UP again and makes you pay for the privilage...

Not only is homosexuality a sin. But so is sex before marriage.. Adultery.. Cooking meat in its milk... And so on., All things paid and set free by the Son.. Making us free indeed.. But humans like their prison and cant handle freedom so they bind you with religion that is even more an abomination to God... Yeshua came to set us free. The church would not relenquish its control though huh?

You can shove your church.. My body is my temple to God... And i choose to love folks rther than give token gestures...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Once again you have not proven that homosexuality is not natural. I have referenced articles that show a difference in the gross anatomy of homosexual brains that can only be caused by genetics. You on the other hand have stated these articles are bias without providing any evidence or counter articles. Pretty much all you've provided for evidence is scripture, which is filtered through the mind of Man, politics, and time; and that presumes that it is actually the word of God.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Then tell me skippy, who then should determine right from wrong? Where should our laws come from?

Skippy, eh? Not too good in the name calling department I see...

See my previous posts about your question. We as humans KNOW how to determine right from wrong WITHOUT the need of having it dictated to us by some "holy book". Our laws are NOT from the Christian bible, nor any other, and as a society we have been quite successful.

You Godless heathans(sp)...

I prefer logical, free thinking realists, thank you very much.

...piss and moan about the separation of church and state and wanting religion out of government but whenever a moral issue comes up you want the government to step in.

Actually, it's quite the opposite. We want the Government to step OUT.

I don't get that.

Clearly you don't.

Homosexuality and abortion are two very big moral and social issues that you people want the government to control.

Again, you are wrong here.

Homosexuality does not affect you in any way. You just don't like it, because your imaginary man in the sky, and false prophet who has been dead for over 2000 years is reported to have said you shouldn't. There is no moral or social issue here, only the pretend one that Christians are flying off the handle about.

We don't want the government to control abortion either. If you don't like it, then don't get one. Simple as that.

Big Brother has no business in people's personal lives. How I wonder would you change your tune if it was an issue of Christianity on the line? If suddenly the government were to outlaw your religion, how would you react? I wouldn't support that move either. But I'm more of a fair and understanding person that you obviously are.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
Something tells me we will see the right-wing and religious christian 'crazies' turn up on this thread to denounce your support of liberty for gay folks.

I agree with you OP - equal rights FOR ALL. Let's hope this good trend continues.

Parallex.

yes even pedophiles and prisoners!!! LOL LOL LOL !!!

This is why I want Nibiru to be real!!!

The Anunnaki are laughing at us!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Steve8511

People are stupid.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Steve8511]

Yes, I agree with you on that statement.

I sometimes wish I was either a Vulcan or an Anunnaki.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
let me ask a question:

what if ...... just what if
everybody in the entire world
immediately turned gay.

How would we procreate as a species ????

man + woman = life

man + man = death

woman + woman = death

why is that so hard to comprehend how we
were supposed to be to sustain ourselves???

[edit on 9-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

yes, I agree.

If these gay people knew the Sumerian tablets, then they would shoot themselves. They believe that people are born gay and yet according to the Sumerians that we were created by the Anunnaki to procreate and mine for gold. No where in the tablets mention about same sex couples. Mother nature is just trying to find ways to depopulate the earth.

humanity makes me laugh.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

Originally posted by LightFantastic
The fact that we are all here shows that homosexuality does not affect the expansion of a population.

The fact that we are all here is that homosexuality didn't take over the earth.

Science has demonstrated that it is natural. Maybe you can point me to some science where it is shown to be unnatural and therefor a 'lifestyle choice'.

There is no scientific proof for homosexuality being normal. How can it be natural when the man's penis is made for the woman's vagina?

No one wants to shove homosexuality down your throat. All that is wanted is equality.

That's a lie. Why are schools trying to teach that gay marriage is normal?
How about the day of silence in schools?

I'll start by saying that the day of silence has nothing to do with homosexuals getting married. However, I'll humor you.

I actually participated in that back in high school, so I know what it's about. The day of silence is a STUDENT RUN demonstration to protest the harassment and discrimination of the LGBT community. The school does not support it at all. In fact, it's not entirely a day of silence. If the student is asked a question by the teacher they are still required to answer. The students take it upon themselves to not talk the whole day unless asked a question.

There is no scientific proof that god exists, so how can he?
You walked right into that one. What's the word? Hypocrite?

I have no problems with religion, nor do I have one with those who follow religion. I completely respect that right. However, after reading your posts it as become pretty obvious (probably for the fact that you say the same thing over and over with little to no back up) that you should go back to sunday school. You're one of the pick-and-choosers that cling to some parts of the bible and completely overlook the rest. I hear the same old tired claims that have been worn out since they started. Their sinners, they have diseases, saaave the children.
To start, You are a sinner. Your God clearly states, All Men Are Sinners. No matter how much you repent, you are still a sinner. As far as the diseases, not only is this irrelevant to the gay marriage debate, but it only shows that you're grasping for straws. And considering how crazy you guys go when talking about sex ed and safe sex, i find you using this as a means of support for your argument pretty laughable.
Homosexuals are here to stay. THAT is a fact. They have always been here and they will always be here, regardless of your personal beliefs. Now, i agree that homosexuality should be either kept in health class or kept out of school, but i feel the same for heterosexuality. School is not the place. With that being said, homosexuals are a part of society, and I feel students have a right to be educated about it. If you don't like what the school teaches them, theres private schools and home schooling.

Bigotry
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For people named Bigot and other meanings, see Bigot (disambiguation).

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantlydevoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by guillotinegleam
Bigotry
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For people named Bigot and other meanings, see Bigot (disambiguation).
A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantlydevoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.

So I guess if I disagree with you then I become a bigot? Since you disagree with me then your a bigot also.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Its not that gay people recruit; its a matter of dominant versus recessive genes. Gg so to speak. Any recessive genes held by a parent do not manifest themselves within that parent. However if that parent should breed with another parent that also has the recessive "g" then there is a one in four change that the gene expression of the offspring would be gg. A gg expression would be the genetic point of homosexuality. Some of you may think I am being foolish with this valid scientific expression so I will point out other examples. Parents often will have children with hair and or eye coloring different from either parents. Red hair for instance is a recessive gene that could manifest itself in the offspring of two people neither of which has red hair. A personal example would be that I am 6'4 and my parents are both under 5'7. My grandfather was 6'6 on my mothers side somewhere from his genes an allele that allowed for above average growth made its way to my DNA.

Now as for their being some sort of psychological route to homosexuality I will again site myself as example. My parents have been married for 43 years and are very happy together. Neither of my parent's drink or engage in other nefarious behaviors. I have an older brother and neither of us suffered abuse at the hands of our parents nor did we suffer neglect. Quite the contrary we never wanted for the needs of life and we're even indulged on occasion with a pony and a horse. My father and I have a close father/son relationship. As a child I accompanied him on hunting and fishing trips, he was the troop leader of my boy scout troop, and he attended all of my school functions with my mother. My mother is a loving dedicated woman whom has never left my brother or myself wanting for attention; nor has she ever caused us to feel "smothered." I was not beaten as a child. I was disciplined for wrong doings and such, but never beaten. I nor my brother have suffered any sort of molestation or sexual abuse in any form. Overall I had an ideal childhood and would not change a thing about it.

Now that the necessary background information has been provided I shall reveal what most of you have surmised by now. I am homosexual. My brother is heterosexual. Nothing inside me woke up one morning and decided to be gay. I know with all the certainty of any man that I am homosexual by design not by choice. I welcome responses or questions.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

Genes are a choice!
I couldn't resist

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have a simple question for those on this thread that are using "christianity" as proof of their position.

If I came to your house and visited you and expected of you as my host to let your neighbors have sex with your underage virgin daughter to keep them from injuring me would you allow me this request?

If I chose to purchase your daughter as a sex slave and you were not in a state that neighbors mine would you allow me to do this?

One is new testament, one is old testament. If your faith is as important to you as you claim your answers should be a resounding hearty YES to both. If you think I'm crazy for saying this then I remind you to read your bible; especially the story of Sodom and the book of Exodus.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Dilligaf28]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I would like to address those of us on this thread debating with facts, figures, and logic. I find it beyond frustrating when we present a well thought out defensible argument only to have someone obstinately ignore us. The tactics of misdirection, insults (veiled and direct), erroneous sources, and outright ignoring of our positions are doubtlessly as frustrating to you all as they are to me. This is by no means a reason for us to relent. We are the ones attempting to deny ignorance and I for one will not let the very ignorance I am denying dissuade me from the effort.

I wanted to include a link to a video that pretty much sums up how I feel when debating with folks with a certain "voice" or an affinity for their home state in their screen names.
Debating with an irrational and illogical person.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Dilligaf28]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

The next thing you know these fundies will find a way to blame homosexuals for abortion! At least that is one thing that pretty much clearly has nothing to do with homosexuals.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join