It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge declares US gay-marriage ban is unconstitutional

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by mryanbrown

Sex among heterosexuals is not a sin if they are married.
Sorry I don't see where your logic is coming from.

Sex is a pleasure of the flesh. And last I checked, yup sin.
Oh I'm not using logic, I'm using religion.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

If you become aroused with another naked man then you are gay no matter the monetary situation.

That's my point. Men don't arouse me. Everyone has a price though.

Men arouse me, lol, they used to anyway.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I don't think sex is a sin.

[edit on 063131p://bSaturday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

fMRI scans don't lie. Furthermore, if knew how the scientific method worked you would realize that the reason scholarly articles must follow a specific format is so other scientists can reproduce the experiment and verify the original results.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I would say maybe an absent father or overbearing mother or perhaps sexual trauma at an early age. Show me a homosexual or lesbian that had two loving parents (both birth Parents) that show proper love and affection and attention, and that had no sexual trauma at all, no trauma at all, and I'll concede, but I would need proof of all of the above.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

reply to post by OldDragger

No you are not able to have sexual feelings as a small child. If you did then something was fundamentally wrong with you. It is abnormal for a child to have sexual feelings. [/quo-------

------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the HUGE LAUGH! Your ignorance, as with most fundies, can be most entertaining.
So, what year IS it?
Stuff your scriptures, that's hardly debating, it's parroting.
Thanks for letting me know there's something fundamentally wrong with me! And I'm not even gay!Thank yer fake God we have plenty of people like you around to tell us who is OK and who is not!

Otherwise we might be able to mind our own business and get along with each other!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I don't think sex is a sin.

That's your opinion. And one I perfectly accept as valid. The point is during this religious rhetoric, that the Bible its self states it is a sin. It does not say marriage is for sex. But a spiritual union.

Therefor according to religion, it IS a sin. Regardless of however you or I feel. That's the point.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

You are not using a Christian Bible then because the Bible does not say sex is a sin. It says sex outside the confines of marriage is a sin. Don't misrepresent the Bible to further your agenda.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I would say maybe an absent father or overbearing mother or perhaps sexual trauma at an early age. Show me a homosexual or lesbian that had two loving parents (both birth Parents) that show proper love and affection and attention, and that had no sexual trauma at all, no trauma at all, and I'll concede, but I would need proof of all of the above.

You know for a fact this makes people homosexually in all instance,

I am heterosexual and I was sexual abused at a young age.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

You are not using a Christian Bible then because the Bible does not say sex is a sin. It says sex outside the confines of marriage is a sin. Don't misrepresent the Bible to further your agenda.

Ah but it also clearly states that ANY pleasure of the flesh is a sin. And if you can have children without sex. Then you are doing it for pleasure, hence it is a sin.

There is no misrepresentation.

As I stated marriage is a spiritual union, not a physical one.

link   

hat is , by far, the most offensive thing I've seen here.

Couldn't check my spelling for the spittle on my screen

[edit on 10-7-2010 by 23refugee]

link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Why are you attacking my faith? Why do you pressume God is fake? Stick to the debate and stop attacking. If that is how you choose to argue then our end of this discussion is over.

link   

If you become aroused with another naked man then you are gay no matter the monetary situation.

It seems when I get to where the cheese binds people keep ignoring my posts.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

It seems when I get to where the cheese binds people keep ignoring my posts.

it's okay, I'm also misrepresenting the bible by pointing out the truths people would rather not accept because it disagrees with the point they're trying to make from the bible.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

No it does not. Show me where the Christian Bible says all sex is a sin. Again quit misrepresenting the Bible to further your agenda or our discussion is over as well.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I am a Christian, and I look at it different, plus I have to look at it in historic context.

Were Adam and Eve married?

Plus look at the polygamy in the OT.

Much has changed.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

No it does not. Show me where the Christian Bible says all sex is a sin. Again quit misrepresenting the Bible to further your agenda or our discussion is over as well.

The bible doesn't say sex is a sin, or morally right.

It clearly states that pleasures of the flesh however are a sin. So I ask. Is SEX a PLEASURE OF THE FLESH?

Yes or no.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I'm terribly sorry for what happened to you and I mean no offense to you. Most cases of sexual abuse the person tends to go to one extreme or the other. Not everytime. My sister was raped when she was 8 and she never fully recovered. She was extremely promiscuous and had no self esteem.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

You really have no arguement. You say you are not gay but could be for the right amount of money. That's actually quite pathetic.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I am a Christian, and I look at it different, plus I have to look at it in historic context.

Were Adam and Eve married?

Plus look at the polygamy in the OT.

Much has changed.

Right. So has the bible.

You have the Old Testament, which really only has TEN (10) rules from God. That's the "Old Covenant".

The New Testament (Christianity) is the "New Covenant" which has 1 rule.

Love thy neighbor as thyself. And a bunch of examples around that.

So by judging and preventing something to your neighbor out of "religious righteousness" is against the teachings of Jesus.

For you are not worthy of judging.

There are countless items in the Bible you would disagree with "because times have changed". But for those things that you are unwilling to accept have changed, you use parts of the bible you still accept to reason them.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join