It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge declares US gay-marriage ban is unconstitutional

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
My youngest daughter says everyone is Bi now days, lol

I can assure you that I'm definitely a lesbian.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee
reply to post by Stormdancer777

People are more comfortable imagining that there's usually a male and a female role. Some people are actually even more disconcerted that my partner and I are so masculine (in others estimation). We consider ourselves the same as our friends, but being a big Hillbilly and a bearded Québécois likely bump us up that butch scale in relation to all the city folk around us.

Thanks I always wondered about that.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

There are many different stages. Some men are both masculine, some both feminine. Same as for women. Please don't stereotype.

I understand that.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

It's always good to learn new information. I appologize if I took it that you were stating it as fact instead of a question.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

It's always good to learn new information. I appologize if I took it that you were stating it as fact instead of a question.

no problem, it is good be able to ask question, I don't think I have any more.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
reply to post by Logarock

By age 17 I began to study the actual teachings and messages of Jesus. And the far-reaching logical conclusions. Through that I began to see things empathetically without judging. Even if I disagreed with something.

That's because part of being enlightened, is knowing that others are not. And rather than force them to be what you would like them to be, or belittle them. You allow them to experience life according to their own will. In the hope that they will see the light and make their own decision.

Well thats me letting folks alone for the most part. Dont go around policing folks.

The thing is here for me is that when an issue cant be discussed without one side being accused of being a self loather or a judge then the whole thing is out the window. It looks like at that point there is not discussion outside of some set perameters and so no real discussion is had. One is just dancing around hot spots and after a while isnt doing anything but parroting and prefacing every comment. Reminds me of dealing with an adolescent.

From what I hear it is already the case in Canada where you cannot speak in church "negatively" about some things. This is control, this is bad, very bad and all for the sake of some hypersensitive that cant fathom another idea about what they hold so dear. This just cant be.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee

If you need to blame some gay guy for tearing out half your Bible, start with Paul or Constantine or King James. Prove that they were not self-loathing homosexuals who didn't intentionally use the Bible as part of an anti-gay agenda as so many do today. Then they will lend some valid support to your claims.

I dont know that one has to prove that. Cant a person have a nagitive opinion about something without being call self loathing about it? That can be shown, that opinions very but certain self loathing cannot be shown. Its an idea that I have seen around out there but its to often harped by folks that dont like whats being said. I certainly dont cater to this and say whats on my mind whether someone thinks its really loathing or not doesnt matter. A person must be free from that fear to freely speak. Like Siggy said sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Church is church, and religious authorities are allowed to dictate it's operations as they see fit. In accordance to the Law. It's no different than work banning political discussion. I don't see why them choosing to ban particular discussions is so unseemly.

Church is not a direct relation with God, it has man in the middle. And as such is a group of man that can dictate their communities beliefs. If you disagree you are free to move on to another.

That's all religion is. People with certain beliefs that form a community. None of them are right, and none are necessarily wrong. They are distinct to their own.

It's the same with marriage in religion, it is different for each religion with particular similarities. Who are your religious beliefs to dictate the terms of anothers religious beliefs?

No one would force your religious community to accept the marriage, or for your community to marry homosexuals.

Are they not owed the same right to religious freedom as you?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
let me ask a question:

what if ...... just what if
everybody in the entire world
immediately turned gay.

How would we procreate as a species ????

man + woman = life

man + man = death

woman + woman = death

why is that so hard to comprehend how we
were supposed to be to sustain ourselves???

[edit on 9-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

As soon as I read this I had to say something and I pray to god that someone has already had the sense to say this:

Your assumption is absolutely absurd! What if the moon fell out of its orbit and came crashing into the Earth?
moon + earth = death

Come on man, we're talking a relatively small group of people here. 10% of the population. If anything, it's better for us in terms of poulation control.

I'm just saying that if all the world turning gay is your biggest worry you could be spending your time on other things..like figuring ways to save us from the moon crashing into us.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Constantine didn't write any of the Christian Bible though.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by Soloist

He was not born that way. that is bull and you and he both know it. Noone is born gay. We are not sexual beings period until puberty. Kinda the point of puberty. That gave him 12 or 13 years to form his identity. Something somewhere went wrong or was missing.

Wow, so now you are judging us both as liars? How very Christian of you!

Nothing went wrong, he considers it a blessing actually. That must sting! No one is our family has ever judged him or told him something was wrong, because there isn't!

He grew up in a normal loving family, and has 3 sisters and 2 brothers, which are all straight. Your argument is bunk.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Show me a homosexual or lesbian that had two loving parents (both birth Parents) that show proper love and affection and attention, and that had no sexual trauma at all, no trauma at all, and I'll concede, but I would need proof of all of the above.

Feel free to read my posts above about my cousin.

Both birth parents. Check
Loving family. Check
No sexual trauma. Check

I find it quite ironic that someone who has the word "Christian" in their name, and posts rather ignorant statements about those he/she obviously knows nothing about has the stones to demand proof. Proof that would only ever be someone telling you their experience and how you are wrong.

Tell you what, since you're basing your argument from it, why don't you prove God even exists first. Then we'll talk!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

Why do you focus on my faith? Does it frighten you? I ask because you attack it with every post.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I am curious if any Christians can explain why it matters to them whether or not gay people can get married?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux

Originally posted by texastig

Babies thrive better with a mom and dad and that is a fact.

Prove it, I want to see numbers.

Did you ever stop to think that one of us may consider what you do in the bedroom to be perverted and disgusting?
Why is it that breeding more inept hate filled children that will make no beneficial impact on the world is what legitimizes your relationships?

Do you mean that act of procreation, that act that your mother and father did to bring your sorry ass here? Sorry But damn...

Marriage, the word, for me is a very sacred word. My marriage was performed by a catholic priest who only performed last rights to dieing hospital patients. It was his only service, he died a short time later at the age of 82. I have been with my wife for 14 years, shes been the ONLY woman I've ever been with. I love her with all my heart. My ring has never left my finger, it has literally worn itself into my skin. And if that love is what someone else feels then they should have that right as well.

Someone said that marriage is unconstitutional... it's not in the constitution. The federal government has no business telling anyone who to marry. Someone else said that marriages shouldn't exist at all, that it should be a domestic partnership. Well my wife would like to beat the holy living stuff outta you, marriage IS a partnership, but call it anything else but and you are asking for trouble.

People should be allowed to be joined with who they want to be joined with. Call it marriage, wrap a bow on it, watch divorce rates climb (more marriages now
)

I do say that this will open the doors for one more group of people and that is the polygamists. They are the weird ones... more than one spouse? Cookooo

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
i think that homosexuality is a perversion (though i don't hate anyone who practices it, or hold anything against them. everyone has the right to choose who they are, even if i think it is a wrong choice), and alot of studies on brain chemistry have shown that the changes happen over time after birth, and the chemistry changes seem to reflect what the person wants.

i'm ok with a civil union (that grants all the same benefits married couples get) between same sex couples, but i don't fancy it being called "marriage".

btw. i have seen numerous people comment "the only reason you would want to get married are the benefits it gives", and i could not disagree more, and honestly i think it is a very hypocritical position to take. if tax breaks is your reason for wanting to get married, you shouldn't get married at all. its about love and commitment.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

Originally posted by 6minutes212
reply to post by texastig

Herein lies the problem. It is not an issue or social immorality, its religious immorality. The bible says it's wrong, so it's wrong. Do you really believe everything you read in books? I can tell you, I'm no more moral or immoral now being with a woman than I was when I was with a man, unless you are trying to hold me to religious standards instead of social.

What matters is what the Bible says. And yes I do believe everything in the good Book. It sure is a social issue because society will be destroyed because low morals bring destruction.
Sex outside of marriage (marriage being between a man and woman) is sin.
Socially the best thing for kids is a married man and woman. That is a fact.

Have you actually read the bible? Do you ever wonder why there are so many sects of religious groups that each have their interpretation of the bible - NITPICKERS! All you religious people are NITPICKERS.

Why the hell should anybody listen to you when you say " it matters what the bible says", all you people have a different version of what you believe the bible says.

Why don't you IM me what the bible says smart a** because I'm pretty sure your INTERPRETATION of the bible is NULL VOID in societies eyes.

What the bible says about gays is in TWO verses. You take those two bible verse's as you want, it doesn't discount the fact that you precious bible also treats women like crap, daughters as insignificant slaves but OH SORRY YOUR A NITPICKER, I FORGOT. You forget about the derogatory remarks about women but keep your gay bashing verses.

Oh and where was your bible when your country was breeding slaves? YOU ARE RIDICULOUS.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What I do not understand is why the churches that marry these gay people are not ridiculed, I mean marriage is a religious joining of a man and woman; unless you are gay. The government should stay out of it and use our tax dollars to debate something else, in my honest opinion there are a lot more things for them to use their time on right now.

Freedom of religion not freedom from religion, let the gays open their own church and marry each other.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Why do you focus on my faith?

It is your "faith" that has blinded you.
It is your "faith" that has led you to judge people.
It is your "faith" that has you making false claims on subjects you know nothing about.
It is your "faith" that has you essentially calling others liars when they themselves know they're body and minds more than you could ever possibly know.

Your "faith" has no business in this country's laws.
Your "faith" has no business telling others what's wrong and right in the private decisions they make about their love life.

Your "faith" has YOU focused on things that do not concern you. Perhaps you should do some introspection about that!

Does it frighten you?

Should we be frightened of Christians?

The question that needs to be asked is why are Christians frightened of homosexuals? Especially when they go so far as to question the "nature" of it all. Aren't we as humans made in God's image and all that jazz? Isn't that what you guys are supposed to believe? Why make arguments about nature when it was God (supposedly) who made everyone who and what they are?

You guys scream the loudest, so it would seem you are the ones who are scared. Why? I have some theories, usually the one who are the loudest and defensive have something to hide. It's no small wonder why some of the most vocal preachers and politicians have been outed as gay.

Something to think about.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AudioGhost
The government should stay out of it and use our tax dollars to debate something else, in my honest opinion there are a lot more things for them to use their time on right now.

Why? Aren't gay CITIZENS covered by the Constitution as well? Or do you mean stay out of it because you don't agree with the law?

[edit on 11-7-2010 by intrepid]

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join