It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On The Day Carl Sagan Died *Video*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I have just found this and I want everyone that is interested and shares beliefs that we are not alone in the universe to watch this.

This man is the reason most of us are where we are today. If it wasn't for his forward thinking and approach to science we (the human race) would not be as educated about certain topics including the possibilities of ET life.

Please spend 8 minutes of your life and raise your glass to one of the worlds greatest.

Quotes from Carl

"And er this is where we live, on a blue dot"

"That means, at the very least theres a source of water on the moon for human explorers"

"I believe our future depends powerfully on how well we understand the cosmos in which we float like a load of dust"

"It seems the height of human arrogance to imagine that this planet is the only inhabited world"

"If we don't destroy ourselves" - Mentioned many many many times

"There is a previously unanticipated and very dire set of consequences from nuclear war, nobody had realised before."

[edit on 8-7-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this......I always considered Carl Sagan a inspirator for my own curiousity concerning space stuff. As many other great teachers he deserved to life much longer and reminds me thaat no matter how kind, good or gentle a person is, God will take them away from us....for some reason. I remember when this other great teacher and kind person died from cancer and many people just had to watch him slowly got eaten away by the decease..... Randy Pausch...very sad alltogether.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I was only introduced with his work a year ago.

What A Guy. R.I.P

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

this guy only ever stated the obvious, and when it came to the tough questions, he towed the establishment line, so he would not lose his funding.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I admired him so much I named one of my cats after him.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I really like his video about perspective:

"The 4th Dimension"
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
This man is the reason most of us are where we are today. If it wasn't for his forward thinking and approach to science we (the human race) would not be as educated about certain topics including the possibilities of ET life.

Yet we're still forbidden from talking about a harmless substance he openly used to expand his mind; cannabis.

He wouldn't have gone to the extents that he did without it, and in effect this site wouldn't be what it is without it, yet it's still 100% off-limits for discussion around here.

I don't know . . .

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Now theres something you don't see everyday 100 % positive feedback about Carl Sagan , it goes to show that his work and inspiration has touched a note with some members on this site. I am pleased everyone who has read this has got something out of it.

*There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that Carl Sagan knew more than he was allowed to say, lets not forget that he worked with NASA on projects and tried to enlighten us all by explaining in bitesize chunks about dimensions and universes.

RIP Carl, you were an incredible hu-man being.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I sure hope Mr. Sagan got all of his questions answered. What a guy. He put the perspective of how small we really are in so many peoples minds and truly made a lot of people believers. Im sure he helped mold a lot of great ATS members as well.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
You forgot his most quoted line ... repeated and made famous by Johnny Carson...

Billions & Billions ...

Dr. Sagan's way of saying that was unique and made fun of; but in most respectful way.

Usually, referring to the number stars in our own Galaxy.

I recall watching COSMOS on the TV during it's first run... Amazingly bringing the noob wannabe astronomer closer to the stars!!!

I'm sure that even [color=gold]Phage will have something to say about Dr. Sagan.

new topics

top topics

join