It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

82 year old man faces 1st degree murder charges for defending his life and property.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
If they come in you house and try to harm or kill you,you can shoot them,but if they are on the run away from you or your property,you cant shoot at them. Its the law.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
So if i catch someone sneaking into my garden to steal my new mountain bike i can just execute them with my assualt rifle and thats fine is it?

Hmmmmm.

"Yes because they denied you hours of your life toiled from working to earn money to buy that bike! And You are the law, Judge, Jury, and Executioner!!"

"It's not like we have a legal system to handle these things like civilized nations."

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Exodus 22:2
If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him.

That says it all to me.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him.

That says it all to me.

The bible also says its okay to have sex with 12yr olds.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You guys really think that firing a gun down a road in a populated area is a good idea???

Yeah makes about as mush sense as driving a truck with a trailer on the back like hell was on your heels down the same road. People die from vehicles also. I am surprised no one sees the danger in that.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown

That says it all to me.

The bible also says its okay to have sex with 12yr olds.

Please post the section in the Bible that says that.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

There are literally no age restrictions in the bible. So you can't find one specifying "at this age". Because any age was okay so long as she had hit puberty.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

There are literally no age restrictions in the bible. So you can't find one specifying "at this age". Because any age was okay so long as she had hit puberty.

No no. You specifically said that the bible said it was okay at that certain age. I see. Just adding what you want to it.

It's okay though I understand. I know you want the 82 year old man who was trying to protect his property to suffer and pay for what you believe to be wrong. I disagree. That is all. I think that if you want to put yourself in a life of crime, by doing so that should also negate any type of protection you should seek after getting caught, red handed, in the act.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

No no. You specifically said that the bible said it was okay at that certain age. I see. Just adding what you want to it.

It's okay though I understand. I know you want the 82 year old man who was trying to protect his property to suffer and pay for what you believe to be wrong. I disagree. That is all. I think that if you want to put yourself in a life of crime, by doing so that should also negate any type of protection you should seek after getting caught, red handed, in the act.

Right.

it's okay at age 9
Age 10
Age 11
Age 12
Age 13

So long as she hit puberty.

The point is you're picking and choosing which part of the Bible you want to honor. Because there's ALSO that "Though Shall not Kill" silly commandment thing.

But you felt it didn't help your position. So hey let's fixate on what I said a little more so you can ignore the rest of the bible except the one quote you used to make murder acceptable to support your position.

Because that's smartiez.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

Yes I believe it is wrong to kill someone. You don't just walk up to someone and kill them. That is wrong.

So what do you think the founding fathers, or anyone with a gun living back then, would have done if they caught a thief trying to flee their land with something that they stole?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

That actually makes sense if you think about it and do not apply today's morals to yesterday's societal life. Life expectancy would have been much, much lower thus there was not a lot of time to procreate. Girls would have been a burden then to the farmer and dowries were typically charged to the prospective groom and this still occurs today in many cultures. Wasn't Mary, the mother of Christ, 15 when she gave birth? She was quite young but probably prime age for motherhood then.

I remember some years ago watching a 20/20 expose on the Travelers, the Irish gypsies that have lived in many closed communities in the eastern US. They parade their 10 to 12 year-olds in very adult clothing and tons of makeup in front of prospective grooms in order to pawn them off on men, some old enough to be their granddaddies.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Yes I believe it is wrong to kill someone. You don't just walk up to someone and kill them. That is wrong.

So what do you think the founding fathers, or anyone with a gun living back then, would have done if they caught a thief trying to flee their land with something that they stole?

Watch any old western on AMC. Thieves were hung if they were caught. Most would not have even bothered waiting for the traveling judge to show up to hang them. They would have been shot at the scene of the crime. Period. No one would have prosecuted them either. Guess that would have been the rule back in the 1700s too.

Guess Colorado is not one of the states you wish to live in if you believe in protecting your property or life or loved ones. Truly our US society is fast becoming two separate nations. At some point each of us will have to decide where we feel most comfortable to live.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

The commandment doesn't set stipulations on murder. It says though shalt not kill. Period. Nothing like

Except on Tuesdays.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

Nothing screams family values like killing people over everyday household objects. Then we should just go ahead and kill everyone in jail. While we are at we, we can further devalue human life by having public hangings.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Public electrocutions!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

The commandment doesn't set stipulations on murder. It says though shalt not kill. Period. Nothing like

Except on Tuesdays.

Then how do you explain Exodus 22:2?

Anyway this is not about the bible. Would you just let someone walk off with your personal belongings? Was the trailer worth a life? I guess it depends on who's life. It is a shame that a man got killed, but I still stand by what I said. The thief decided it would be worth his life when he decided to steal it. So he ultimately made that decision.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

As a member of the Chickasaw Nation, I think I could offer an opposing
viewpoint as to what the Founding Fathers would have done...

I still wish someone would attempt to answer my question...

How much value of stolen property justifies the use of deadly force?
And by that I mean a thief grabbing a thing of value and running off?
At what point of value is it okay to shoot the thief...?

It is an arbitrary number, if you believe (at all) that deadly force is
justified for theft.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Unfortunately we do not live in a peaceful society. How would you suggest handling a situation like this?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Except on Tuesdays.

Then how do you explain Exodus 22:2?

Anyway this is not about the bible. Would you just let someone walk off with your personal belongings? Was the trailer worth a life? I guess it depends on who's life. It is a shame that a man got killed, but I still stand by what I said. The thief decided it would be worth his life when he decided to steal it. So he ultimately made that decision.

How do you explain Exodus 20:13? Which is an actual commandment FROM God.

I wouldn't let someone simply walk off, I would make reasonable effort to try and keep my possessions from being stolen. Is murder reasonable effort?

No. Just because it's easy doesn't make it reasonable.

I'm also confident the thief didn't decide stealing was worth his life, the old man did.

But I'm glad you can use bible rhetoric to justify murder, further ignoring an actual commandment from God in the bible that says you are guilty of sin. And still stand by it.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
He probably won't go to jail!

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join