It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

82 year old man faces 1st degree murder charges for defending his life and property.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by doctorwork

Now time to respond I suppose. That actually hurt my feelings. See I think its because I look up to 'cops' in general. Im not one and could never be..thats why I look up to them. They get to do something thats noble. I guess that makes me a suck up , right? The reason I cant be a cop could be because Im psycologically unfit to carry a firearm and I know this even though I can legally own and carry. I dont because I know myself better than any eval or test. And I LOVE guns. And I would probably shoot societal leaching un self improving bullies all day long were I of less caliber.(my little joke). I understand mistakes happen when posting , . I really hope you are a disinfo guy..cuz if not I'd sure like to introduce you to som PD guys that would be happy to give you a platform to complain from, off duty.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by psyko45]

[edit on 9-7-2010 by psyko45]

[edit on 10-7-2010 by psyko45]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Ill buy anyone a cheeseburger whoever deports the illegal, dead or alive!! If he wasn't illegal...automatic death sentence for the robber who escaped as his commission of a felony resulted in a death.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
times we live in now i guess, would have done the same

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown

Originally posted by Conclusion
reply to post by mryanbrown

If they hadn't had committed theft, of course they wouldn't be in the situation. That doesn't make the old mans actions correct or noble with the best intentions.

What?! He was just protecting his freedom to be able to own something. You know like our forefathers. The one's you dared me not to speak of. LOL

The ones I also said didn't fight for materialistic possessions yet you keep trying to link it to that. That one? I'm saying it again.

Stop discrediting the mentality of the revolution with your petty materialistic mindset.

EDIT: To add, no one is taking the side of the thieves. You're putting words in our mouth because we disagree with you, and you think skewing the situation aids your ignorant replies.

We are saying BOTH PARTIES were in the wrong. And if you're too thick to understand that, I'm sorry.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by mryanbrown]

Fighting not to pay taxes. That is about as materialistic as you can get. If you do not think it is, then you need to reconsider your conclusion. As far as the old man being wrong? I think not. He was doing the world a favor. Oh and I noticed you didn't respond to the last part of my post. lol Yeah I don't blame ya for that one. It is nice when we can pick and choose our arguments.

Edited to add that I am not belittling the revolution. Nice try at discrediting though. With how it seems you believe you would have just let England have whatever they wanted. Without even a fight.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Conclusion]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
There is not a question of "using force" to protect my property. Try taking mine, and I will do the same. However, I am a bit younger, and my eyes are just fine, and pretty accurate.
Maybe you haven't experienced evil people (criminals, etc.) in your personal life yet. Just wait, and then tell me how you feel son when you are accosted, or robbed of your most precious family heirloom.
You also might want to read the Castle Doctrine, and similar laws.
Lifetime N R A member for a reason.
Now get to work.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Imagine if the guy killed was told to pick up the trailer by his boss. Now imagine it was you. This is why we have laws against shooting people.

imagine if your boss told you to pick it up...now imagine that because someone actually LIVES in there you knock on the door and actually TELL the residence that your moving it so that he doesnt mistake you for a thief.

what kind of moron sides with these 2 criminals?

oh ye you and the legal system. both need to go.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by Survivorman

Bogus... This man will walk if it goes to trial, he will totally walk. And then the DA will be looking for a new Job... Where can we send money for his Defense team?

ofcourse he'l walk the point is hes being put through this in the first place.

it shows a complete lack of simple common sense

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Guidance.Is.Internal

What?! He was just protecting his freedom to be able to own something.

Well said. No one should question the taking of life to defend a freedom as basic as property ownership. No common sense anymore ..

I guess most people in this thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Deserve to be shot according to you.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Fighting not to pay taxes. That is about as materialistic as you can get. If you do not think it is, then you need to reconsider your conclusion. As far as the old man being wrong? I think not. He was doing the world a favor. Oh and I noticed you didn't respond to the last part of my post. lol Yeah I don't blame ya for that one. It is nice when we can pick and choose our arguments.

Edited to add that I am not belittling the revolution. Nice try at discrediting though. With how it seems you believe you would have just let England have whatever they wanted. Without even a fight.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Conclusion]

1. The War WAS NOT about mere taxes. Taxes were a byproduct. They fought because they had no say in how they were ruled. I think you need to just simply READ the Constitution.

2. I'm part of the world, and he did me no favor. So yeah...

3. Which part? Theres a lot of asinine statements in this thread, sorry if I don't get to rebut them all.

4. I like how me having absolute respect for our founding fathers, somehow means I would have let England have whatever they wanted.

BECAUSE I'M OK WITH THEFT ACCORDING TO YOU.

So let's reiterate.

1. I'm not okay with theft.
2. I'm not okay with murder, which is worse than theft. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR LIFE IS NOT IN DANGER.

The old man lied to police in his affidavit to attempt to cover up his role in murder. Because someone stole a cheap ass trailer, that if was road legal should have been covered by insurance.

So c'mon, rebut that.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
yes because we should defend people who shoot wildly out into the night over a trailer.

Kids have gotten killed in their houses because of that.

Who shoots people over a trailer?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Some people just love to follow the letter of the law.

In truth he should not be punished for defending his property. People have a right to their property.

Or are we going to start putting CCTV on every single street on every single town in the country from now on in order to "protect" citizens?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by evilminime

Some people just love to follow the letter of the law.

In truth he should not be punished for defending his property. People have a right to their property.

Or are we going to start putting CCTV on every single street on every single town in the country from now on in order to "protect" citizens?

He didn't MERELY defend his property. He MERELY defended his property and THEN shot someone THEN KILLED someone when MERELY defending didn't work.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
And thus the legend grows.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Everyone please visit the DA's website and drop him a message of what complete BS this is.

www.co.jefferson.co.us...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I shoot people over a trailer, especially illegals. If you are going to steal my property, be prepared to pay the ultimate price, Your Life.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The ignorance of ATS never fails to amaze me.

You guys really think that killing someone over a trailer is acceptable???

You guys really think that firing a gun down a road in a populated area is a good idea???

And I love the disinformation in the thread title "to defend his life"...how exactly was his life in danger as the pickup truck drove away???

And you are all hypocrites...if this was a police officer that fired at a suspect...you would all be crying excesive force.

You guys that support the man in the article shooting down the road at the pickup truck really do have a warped sense of reality.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bakednutz
reply to post by nixie_nox

I shoot people over a trailer, especially illegals. If you are going to steal my property, be prepared to pay the ultimate price, Your Life.

And be prepared to go to prison for murder in the 2nd. Because the Law will not allow you to hide behind "but it was mine".

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
When will people learn to stop investing so much emotion in material objects? Do you love your TV, or your car? Do they make you happy? Now watch how quickly I can take away your love and happiness by simply taking away your car!

True happiness can't be taken away so easily in my opinion, and this old man just experienced what false happiness will bring you... People are too busy arguing about the laws and illegal immigrants to see the bigger picture. Laws are like putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound; just false sense of security without addressing the source of the problem. Illegal immigration cracks me up, and makes me think that people need to re-learn how we "acquired" this land in the first place.

bottom line: Shoot the tires out Rambo, a disabled vehicle will allow you to retrieve your trailer easier...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

We also have laws against going on someones property and messing about without their permission. And laws about being secure in your person, and laws about property ownership.

And a whole host of other laws that support the property owner.

You should have known your point was worthless, when you had to invent a scenario to make it true.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
So if i catch someone sneaking into my garden to steal my new mountain bike i can just execute them with my assualt rifle and thats fine is it?

Hmmmmm.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join