It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

StarChild

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I have recently had a personal connection to the scientific study of an animal's skull that has been dubbed "StarChild." For those of you who do not know of the project, a link with information and current analysis can be found here: StarChild Project.

Anyway, a close friend of my Aunt was asked to look at the skull to give her expert opinion on it. What she told my Aunt and the rest of my family was startling: She claimed there was no way for it to be human.

DNA tests so far have determined that it has a human mother. The father is unknown. For the in-depth analysis, check out the site. Oddly, there is no direct evidence of "skull binding" either. Which raises the question: Hybrid?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
COM sites are not plausable enough in these terms anymore. GOV or MIL is... basically what I'm saying is your source is not credible. Nice try though.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Sure. .gov and .mil sites are always credible. Especially when they post error free terrorism reports. *laughs*

Let's follow this logic. cnn.com isn't credible. Nor is msnbc.com. Nor is foxnews.com. Not that this line of logic matters. This is what is called an ad hom by logicians.

Logically, a claim is not false because a speaker is of a certain quality or because of a domain name. Imagine that.

However, for reassurance, I suggest you go look at the site: The names of the DNA labs the skull was taken to are listed.

Nice try, I guess. How about interesting discussion?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Psh, anyone can post stupid or idiotic ideas on a domain based website. It's worth the money to them to spread the false rumors. It's easy to start stupid stuff such as that, if you find a cluster of it, it's a little different.

I could start a site called www.auroraxst.com and put some made-up information that sounded like it was a pro talking. Would you buy it if I pulled something like that?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Psh, anyone can post stupid or idiotic ideas on a domain based website.

--True, but people can also post true and interesting ideas on a domain based website. Forget about that possibility?

It's worth the money to them to spread the false rumors.

--I see, so the DNA reports were just rumors? Check the reports; it's in .pdf format, though.

It's easy to start stupid stuff such as that, if you find a cluster of it, it's a little different.

--Just as it is easy to start interesting stuff.

I could start a site called www.auroraxst.com and put some made-up information that sounded like it was a pro talking. Would you buy it if I pulled something like that?

--And you could start a site called anthraxhaskilled.com and post how anthrax has killed a person before. Oh wait, that can't be true, can it?

Your skepticism has no merit. I suggest actually looking at the data. If you want a formal news agency, the site even has a link of a video clip from a news channel about it.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
God, news broadcasting.

That's probably like that stupid Mexico Alien Feed.

How about you get some facts. All I'm seeing here are some people blabbering on and on and on about some little project that doesn't have OFFICIAL and KNOWN documents.

Kecksburg has documents.
Roswell has documents.
Aurora has documents.
StarChild does not have documents.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
God, news broadcasting.

--That's right. News broadcasters have .com sites. I'm sorry.

That's probably like that stupid Mexico Alien Feed.

--I'm not sure what you're talking about.

How about you get some facts.

--The site has facts. You haven't bothered to go look apparently.

All I'm seeing here are some people blabbering on and on and on about some little project that doesn't have OFFICIAL and KNOWN documents.

--There are official documents from the labs. Of course there won't be a government report because this is not a government undertaking.

Again, I suggest looking at the analysis sections then coming back with at least an informed skepticism.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Then please point it out to me, because I'm not seeing anything pointing out smart and "logical" people that you claim to be on and running this site. I may have to wear glasses but, I'm not blind.

You want a nice warmed up discussion? Give me more sites that say this is true, give me documents. That'll work.

There are official documents from the labs. Of course there won't be a government report because this is not a government undertaking.

That's a load of bull. Any operation of any sort having to do with extraterrestrials or any other kind of lifeform on US Soil has a government background... and that means there has to be GOV documents.

Please don't act like an expert.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Huh? I concluded that the DNA was that of a human female of a specific native american lineage.

If that link you gave has real data, then it proves it is just a human defect, not alien.

Also, why isn't that paper published? I'm sure some odd journal would publish it.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
"That's a load of bull. Any operation of any sort having to do with extraterrestrials or any other kind of lifeform on US Soil has a government background... and that means there has to be GOV documents. "

Oh, really? The SETI Institute is no longer an operation of the government. There is the SETV organization that does research without the government. Obviously, you have no clue that independent research can and does go on without the government playing along. Too many sci-fi movies for you.

www.starchildproject.com...

DNA report from TraceGenetics lab (www.tracegenetics.com...).

All known facts about the skull:

Read. Come back with an informed skepticism. Then we'll talk.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
Huh? I concluded that the DNA was that of a human female of a specific native american lineage.

If that link you gave has real data, then it proves it is just a human defect, not alien.

Also, why isn't that paper published? I'm sure some odd journal would publish it.

It's a report back from a genetics lab. Nothing special was found out about the entity. Only that its mother was an average human for the area. Also that the father couldn't be found due to some complications.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
eeeeeeh, wrong.

Don't forget the government still has all the power to shut it down. According to the style of this project, the government would have to be tied in.

Your links... don't cut it.

Stop acting like a freakin expert. I hate smart-alec know it alls.

-------------

Your links still do not prove to me anymore than link 1.

EDITED TO ACCORD TO SECOND POST:
Well, that seems like a better scenario then. It took you long enough to spit that out.

[edit on 15-6-2004 by Shugo]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Wrong about what? Let me quote its website (SETI),
"The SETI Institute is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to scientific research, education and public outreach." Private, not government.

I'm no where close to a know-it-all. However, some ignorance is overwhelming: Anything with E.T. has to be government backed. hah!

Asking for more than one link is meaningless; I can find 1,000 links that claim Jesus is the son of God. Does that mean it is true? No. Does finding more links mean it is more likely to be true? No.

Logic 101: Look at the claim, look at the data. Judge them on their own merits. Don't appeal to popularity, or presentation.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Once again, if you want to make it on the site, you gotta provide more than a few little wording lines, and links.

I still don't see what the heck you're babbling about. Just because SETI is private does not mean that there is not some backing. Expecially if it's edu type.

I'm ending this conversation because you're completely lost in your own thought in this and are not willing to take another persons advice.

Tell me when 6 months has passed you by, you'll learn a thing or two about plausable and credible sources.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
Once again, if you want to make it on the site, you gotta provide more than a few little wording lines, and links.

I still don't see what the heck you're babbling about. Just because SETI is private does not mean that there is not some backing. Expecially if it's edu type.

I'm ending this conversation because you're completely lost in your own thought in this and are not willing to take another persons advice.

Tell me when 6 months has passed you by, you'll learn a thing or two about plausable and credible sources.

Psst. SETI doesn't use a .edu. And private organizations can not use .edu sites. (.edu is reserved for government ran and funded schools)

SETI sometimes gets research funding by the government (NASA and others), however it is not run by the government. It is a private organization.

Want me to go through a post the facts? Waste of energy! Just go there and read them.

Perhaps you should take 6 months in a logic course.

[edit on 15-6-2004 by radardog]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
What a coincidence. Hmmm.... Maybe I should consider changing my username...

Mr. M

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by radardog
It's a report back from a genetics lab. Nothing special was found out about the entity. Only that its mother was an average human for the area. Also that the father couldn't be found due to some complications.

They way I read it, the skull was from a human male and they couldn't determine much else due to damage.

[Amelogenin gave another X-Y read as a male, which allows the extrapolation that both the X
and Y chromosomes had to come from humans
, as occurred in test #4. And there were still no
significant (supra-threshold) results generated, which means not enough DNA was recovered to
complete allele calls that would allow paternity testing
.]

"Conclusions-

Due to the strict cleaning regimen employed with this sample, it is my opinion that the DNA that
was isolated and tested was not from exogenous, contaminating DNA. The result appears to be
due to the age of the skull; the genomic DNA is too degraded to provide a complete profile. The
sex of the decedent has been verified as male
. The traces of DNA that were recovered in each of
the numerous tests performed in this laboratory responded to human-specific probes."

The lack of evidence (skeleton washed away, first DNA test not conclusive) and the requesting donations so that further testing can be done sets of my hoax alarm. If the skull is a hoax, it's even entirely possible that he really believes in it and his theories. In his December 2003 update, he appears to be leading people on with vague yet exciting results that require a trip to "Kureha Special Laboratory in Iwaki, Fukushima Prefecture" to perform further tests. Unfortunately, all these tests cost money, that's where the paypal donation button, prominently placed on the main page, comes in. If you keep giving him more money, he'll either heroicly strive to get whatever necessary tests done to uncover the truth... or just lead you on with more inconclusive results until his book sales start drying up.

I think you'll find a lot of skeptical people around here after the Aussie Bloke hoax and the GAIACOMM hoax.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The starchild crania looks exactly like a child with progeria

Which would look more impressive if I could get the images up here!
edit on 10-5-2012 by Heresy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Hi OP....I was watching a show on tv a few days ago (cannot remember which show, lol....documentary NOT news)....anyways, they were talking about the 'Starchild' skull....and showing it.
I thought it was really interesting, and was happy to see a thread about it.
Too bad most of this thread (so far) has been arguing.....that always ruins it for me.
Will be back to see if anyone else watched the show and is interested in it like I am.
jacygirl

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacygirl
Hi OP....I was watching a show on tv a few days ago (cannot remember which show, lol....documentary NOT news)....anyways, they were talking about the 'Starchild' skull....and showing it.
I thought it was really interesting, and was happy to see a thread about it.
Too bad most of this thread (so far) has been arguing.....that always ruins it for me.
Will be back to see if anyone else watched the show and is interested in it like I am.
jacygirl

You must be one powerful necromancer,casting a scroll of resurrection on this thread.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join