It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Airport closed due to UFO

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Originally posted by shadow3467
IF china or any of the asian countries were the first to disclose UFOs, they would gain substantial power and a huge reputation boost, america doesnt want that, so if china pushes for disclosure, then so will US.
Bla Bla Bla disclosure bla disclosure..
really? I have been hearing that one for many years..

you'd have to be blind to not see this picking up momentum...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus

It's heading's are 07/25.

Thanks, that's even more interesting.

What do you suppose was blazing at the end of runway 07
at exactly the time of the UFO sighting but vanished within an hour?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This is interesting!

Since it could only be observed in IR & Radar over and international airport, it obviously has intelligence on bored that do not want to be seen by the public. this is the reason there are no pictures of the Ufo if anyones still wondering.

Obviously another good reason why people are screaming if UFOs exist why don't they make them selfs known to us?, its simple they do not want to, it would appear they are not in contact with the Chinese Government either.
Obviously something was there in the sky above otherwise the airport would not have been closed and im pretty sure people who work in airports know 99.9% of the time wot it is they are looking at in the skys and with radar & IR. so what was it?

Top secret US drone? Nah why buzz an airport

Chinese lantern? Nah

Balloons? Nah

Ball lightening? Mhhh

UFO? yes for now

s&f

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I think too often the term UFO is misrepresented as meaning Alien Spacecraft. In particular in translating stories from other languages and cultures. A US Spy-plane would also be called a UFO, if not identified.

All this really says is that an unknown aircraft was over airspace it should not have been in. I'd imagine we still do high altitude overflights on a regular basis.

Why would anyone immediately assume an Alien Craft?

Also in the Chinese Government controlled media, what is put out is for Chinese consumption. Don't forget they have no real media and much of the entire country is still off limits to visitors because of the poverty, ecological destruction and horrible living conditions. Some of these stories may be simple distractions or even telegraphing to the US, we saw you.

Of course if it were an Alien Craft, I'm cool with that. Doubt it, but I'm cool with it.

[edit on 7/8/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I put "UFO" into Google news earlier today and the first two headlines were:

- UFO Distrupts Air Traffic In China
- Italian MP Worried About UFOs

It almost feels like we're living in a pos-disclosure world now, where "UFOs" are talked about as nonchalantly as the weather forecast.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
There is something to be said for not only this release of news, but also considering they said it took their equipement, ie. radar possibly infared (mentioned in the forum not on the article). This means, they wont be able to say swamp gas, or chinese lanterns, because you don't need radar or infared for that.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Ahh, Venus, I believe Saturn and Jupiter were also visible, but the reports are saying that the only sighting was on radar...

The UFO showed up on the airport's radar at around 9pm. The airport authority immediately notified passengers to stop boarding and grounded all flights about to take off, Xinhua news agency reported yesterday.

But, on the other hand, it could be Venus...

The UFO looked like a twinkling spot and disappeared very soon, Xinhua quoted a passenger on board an incoming plane who claimed he witnessed the object.

But then again...

An airport worker said the UFO was only visible to radars at the airport and none of the passengers or workers on the runway could have seen it with the naked eye.

www.shanghaidaily.com...

I don't know, this is a very confusing story, not to mention that Chinese translates very poorly to English.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Here's a link to the News report about the UFOs over the Airport
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Here is a thread to a picture of the UFO

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here is a news link to the photo

english.peopledaily.com.cn...

Seems there may be a military connection but this ufo looks like a flying sausage with portals and is red in colour

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I think too often the term UFO is misrepresented as meaning Alien Spacecraft. In particular in translating stories from other languages and cultures. A US Spy-plane would also be called a UFO, if not identified.

All this really says is that an unknown aircraft was over airspace it should not have been in. I'd imagine we still do high altitude overflights on a regular basis.

Why would anyone immediately assume an Alien Craft?

Also in the Chinese Government controlled media, what is put out is for Chinese consumption. Don't forget they have no real media and much of the entire country is still off limits to visitors because of the poverty, ecological destruction and horrible living conditions. Some of these stories may be simple distractions or even telegraphing to the US, we saw you.

Of course if it were an Alien Craft, I'm cool with that. Doubt it, but I'm cool with it.

That picture of China is so out of date. For instance, the football club i support is owned by a Chinese consortium. They have just sold the rights to show the teams games, live, on TVs on railways trains in China. China has several periodicals covering UFOs with huge circulation figures the sort of numbers, people can only dream of in the West.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

Well its an interesting predicament, dont think they're allowed to tell if its ufo or black op craft. But this craft is flattish, almost what I call a shuttle shape, has either moulded sides or platoons along the edges, and is quite large.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Here is a bit of an update. Very intresting, seems the Chinese Air Force could not capture it. Some are claiming it was an Indian Drone

www.indiadaily.com...

China has reported a ''Smart UFO'' in the skies of over Hangzhou, capital of east China's Zhejiang Province. Some are saying it was a dispaly of Indian Air Force capabilities to scare the Chinese. Other call it hoax.

The fast hovering UFO behaved like being controlled from the remote sensing satellite. The municipal government in China have revealed that an unidentified flying object (UFO) recently disrupted air traffic over Hangzhou, capital of east China's Zhejiang Province.

The UFO disappeared fast after being detected by the Chinese Air Defense. The Chinese Air Force could not capture the UFO.

Xiaoshan Airport was shut down after the unidentified flying object was detected at around 9 pm, reports Xinhua. The flights were ven rerouted to airports in Ningbo and Wuxi cities, said an airport spokesman.

Interestingly the airport operation were back to normal after the UFO vanished all on a sudden.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
I put "UFO" into Google news earlier today and the first two headlines were:

- UFO Distrupts Air Traffic In China
- Italian MP Worried About UFOs

It almost feels like we're living in a pos-disclosure world now, where "UFOs" are talked about as nonchalantly as the weather forecast.

UFO's are quite normal. Every air surveillance operator has seen some in his time. Welcome to the secretive world of reconnaissance, espionage and smuggling. There are lots of operations going on who don't want their aircrafts to be detected or even identified, often even cooperating with the security officials on the ground.

That the interpretations from the various alien cults dominated the media coverage for the topic so long, lies based in the simple fact, that everyone else involved had either no interest in letting the public know about what is not her business or got hooted down by the zealous "critical" cultists. While the media entertainers happily take and exaggerate anything wacky enough to find an audience. Now with the internet more and more people are able to look beyond their garden fence and their tv screen, the boundaries between the social groups blur, people talk.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by chase the sun]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

much of the entire country is still off limits to visitors because of the poverty, ecological destruction and horrible living conditions.

Could you list where 'much of the entire country' is off limits? Obviously with the exception of Tibet, which is neither the much of the entire country nor is it off limits to visitors.

I have travelled around China and I didn't encounter anywhere that was off limits. Tibet is a little difficult to get to but certainly not impossible.

I'm smelling propaganda....

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Possible that the passenger heard there was a ufo and looked and saw venus, without knowing that the actual ufo was invisible to the naked eye?

I remember seeing a documentary years ago about strange blobby ufos high in the atmosphere that could only be seen with infrared. Maybe it was one of those.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

No offence but this has to be the biggest load of BS i have ever smelt in my entire life.......

What the hell have you been smoking? Realy? must be expensive.

I live and work in China, Im English and have been all over this country wandering were i want and watching what i want.
You should realy stop believing the TV and actualy travel around, u may be suprised.
you think the living conditions are bad here? Realy? Were are you from? In your home countrys run-down areas i bet your dodging discarded hyperdermic needles in the streets and muggers on every corner, i do in my home city in england. But here in the run down areas? Not at all... No drugs, no rapists, no muggers, no prostitutes, no joy-riders, No GUNS, No threats what so ever... None, zero!

Take your head out your butt and wake up.... Oh by the way the Chinese government love em or hate em are the most transparent in the world when it comes to UFO's.... In fact they encourage civilian UFO groups. That is why China has the largest growing UFO group numbers in the world.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Master Shen long]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
UFO in China has 'military connection': Official

news.oneindia.in...

A Chinese official said that the Unidentified Flying Object which disrupted air traffic in a Chinese city has a "military connection". The officer refused to disclose more details about the UFO as it was not the proper time to publicly disclose the information since there was a 'military connection' to it.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Eeek Double post - apologies!

Another pic here - so as not to waste it - OK it is from the Sun but....

www.thesun.co.uk...

[edit on 9-7-2010 by marmitenews]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
reply to post by Mark_Frost

They are very open when it comes to UFO's. Unlike the Western powers. Even for the airport to acnowledge this is a thumbs up.

What the Chinese WILL cover up (and I'm Asian-American myself so I know) isn't UFOs, which has nothing to do with their national pride - they will cover up abuses of human rights and their economic state.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow3467

you'd have to be blind to not see this picking up momentum...

you mean lots more awful videos of venus, rocket launches, missiles and chinese lanterns?

Perhaps I need some glasses....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join