It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Airport closed due to UFO

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Remember that airport in Siberia that got briefly closed due to a UFO some years back? Turned out the bright object sitting at the end of the runway that frightened a taxiing aircrew was exactly where -- drumroll =-- Venus also was glaring.

Iradiated by swamp gas no doubt. Its always venus or a chinese balloon nowadays, you would think that the majority of people could distinguish venus with a UFO i.e something that moves in the sky.

Good find OP.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
They are very open when it comes to UFO's. Unlike the Western powers. Even for the airport to acnowledge this is a thumbs up.

I doubt it. The chinese generals have at least as many reasons to cover up a breach of the national airspace under their responsibility as the americans have.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hmmm this happens 4 days after our subs popped up to say hello we are watching you and are fully loaded. My bets are on the US not a UFO

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

I'd like to believe the Chinese were more open about UFOs. But where's that footage that was taken by scientists observing the eclipse not too long ago? The photos that hit the news were awesome, I'm assuming the scientists must have caught some REALLY good video. How long do we have to wait?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Wait a minute.
A story about a UFO in china...
NOT written by Michael Cohen?
...wait...what?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
IF china or any of the asian countries were the first to disclose UFOs, they would gain substantial power and a huge reputation boost, america doesnt want that, so if china pushes for disclosure, then so will US.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Hmmm this happens 4 days after our subs popped up to say hello we are watching you and are fully loaded. My bets are on the US not a UFO

It's possible, some rumors on Chinese forum that there was an electronic warfare between aircrafts of China and a particular country during the night.

The next day, China Foreign Ministry spokesman said: We firmly opposed any foreign warships or planes entering the Yellow Sea as well as adjacent waters that were engaged in activities that would impact on our security and interests.
news.xinhuanet.com...

I don't know whether it's linked or just a coincidence.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by ncspz]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
duplicate reply, delete.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by ncspz]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
u gotta be kidding

all those people at the airport
with thousands of cameras
and not one picture ????
yeah I am with you on that one.It is ridicules to think that in an area so populated that no one had a camera or video

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow3467
IF china or any of the asian countries were the first to disclose UFOs, they would gain substantial power and a huge reputation boost, america doesnt want that, so if china pushes for disclosure, then so will US.
Bla Bla Bla disclosure bla disclosure..
really? I have been hearing that one for many years..

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Originally posted by JimOberg
Remember that airport in Siberia that got briefly closed due to a UFO some years back? Turned out the bright object sitting at the end of the runway that frightened a taxiing aircrew was exactly where -- drumroll =-- Venus also was glaring.

Iradiated by swamp gas no doubt. Its always venus or a chinese balloon nowadays, you would think that the majority of people could distinguish venus with a UFO i.e something that moves in the sky.

You see the problem with rational discussions of UFO reports -- people committed to a point of view resort to mockery and sarcasm as their first-use tool to squelch a balanced discussion. It only advertises how ignorant they are of the knotty problem of filtering UFOs and IFOs -- and is a repudiation of serious ufology of the past, such as the Center for UFO Studies, where their research taught them that observers -- particlarly pilots, by the way - were surprisingly prone to misinterpreting bright celestial objects as nearby craft.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow3467

That`s a very good point,never really thought of that scenario.
The US would go all out to have the upper hand if this were to happen
I have no doubt,could be some interesting times ahead!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
the passenger and people did not capture the ufo on camera because the Chinese airport worker said that the ufo cannot be seen in naked eye, it can only be seen with special equipment. now i dont know what kind of equipment .. maybe infrared?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Thanks for this news.

My opinion is that in these days Beijing keeps a vigilant watch over and beyond Chinese airspace ( and it is in maximum alert for the North Korea issue) and is ready to scramble fighter jets to intercept suspicious airborne objects, UFOs included.
Moreover Chinese authority don't close an airport like that only for birds or balloon.

So, it is really anomalous behaviour.
I wait other news.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is significant. With the mass of sightings on the 4th and now this..
Very interesting. I hope more info will come soon.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
reply to post by boondock-saint

Most people don't walk around with their camera at the ready to take a picture.

maybe I'm missing something
but if people are at an airport then they are traveling.
Don't people take pics on their vacations where you
are from?? At the very least they would be handy
in travel or carry on bags.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Can anybody help me determine the orientation of the airport's single runway? The sites that my search engines led me to, don't have that datum.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Apparently you did not read the entire thread.. all 2 pages.

They said that the UFO was not physically visible with the eye, it was detected by equipment.

So how exactly were there supposed to be tourist photos?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

It's heading's are 07/25.

en.wikipedia.org...

Cheers

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Speaking of the Chinese and UFO's what ever happened to that one they said it was the best evidence they seen and that they would be analyzing it for at least a year. I still want to see what kind of footage they obtained...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join