It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are not sovereign of you own body! LOL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I was not exactly sure where to put this one,but here goes... ( Prepare for a shocker!!! )

There are 1014 (micro-organisms) in the colon, trillions more on your hands, and in your mouth. The math is simple: Microbes outnumber people, in space and on Earth, by a staggering factor.

In fact, says Cheryl Nickerson of Tulane University Health Sciences Center, "there are more bacterial cells in your body than human cells."

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be that many midi-chlorians in the lot...

I was rather surprised to find this news... It gives another look on the human condition... What is the real us, then?

How could we become what we are? Without those bacterias, it is said we couldn't live, period.

How we could become such a complex "civilization" is very intriguing. How can it fit with the Darwinian theory of evolution?

Better yet, how does it fit with what we are presented by archeologists? In that light, can we say that every primate or sub-human species discovered are, in reality, us? And that they simply got infected by a micro-organism that helped them evolve?

Are we descendants of a sickened monkey, sickened by a transmissible disease?

And for the bacterias and other micro-organisms that "know" where they fit on us... isn't it an indication of communication, comprehension and application of knowledge by them?

A few years ago, I wondered if it could be possible to use the combined capacities of bacterias to create an artificial living mind of some kind...

The above excerpts were found the NASA web site here:science.nasa.gov...

And I found this article, too:ming.tv...

( I'm kinda backwards on this news as the last link is dated 2004!
)

I also found this from ATS, made in 2007, by blue bird:www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=3487432#pid3487432

It is a short thread, but very interesting!

And they say no man is an island...

Now go easy on Prucell or whatever its name is!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Look under a microscope and you will see everything fights for survival, now look at larger organisms that are made up of these smaller warriors, we are many organisms combined into one, the entire planet maybe thought of as a giant organism....

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I suppose no one could ever be considered lazy then with all those organisms that need contending with.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bubbabuddha

Hello bubbabudah!

Yes, I know about the idea of the Earth as a living organism, and I agree with it. Nicholas Tesla said that what we called inanimate matter was, in fact, alive, but in a way we could not perceive.

A few years ago, the pentagon released an image in 3D of the known universe. They changed it a few days later; the first one looked like a double helix... the second looked more like chaos than cosmos.

I saw a documentary about AIs. They had 4 robots. They had no means of communication. To "feed", they needed to hit 2 barrels, separated by a few feet, and then run under a lamp that would give light for a minute.

Soon enough, realizing they lost a big amount of time running between the last barrel and the tunnel of light (!), they began working as a team. 2 would hit simultaneously the barrels while a third waited under the light. They then changed place and began the routine again. ( But then, greed appeared in one of the robot, and as soon as the light would be on, he would ram the one underneath the light to take the time of this other, and acted very aggressively against the others, like a cancer... )

A similar experience was made, but only virtually. The scientists had made a program where you would see green bars of a certain length, programmed to reproduce themselves by creating another green bar every X time. Everything was fine at first, and then, some shorter bars appeared, of different colors. They were bar reproduced with an error. Time went by, and then, scientists saw "super-organism" appear, built by the association of different colored segment; each one provided what the other lacked. Groups formed, and some were very predatory, "attacking" other bars to "steal" the codes they had in them, so the predators could fill parts they were missing.

It was incredibly eloquent of life, and consciousness.

But until I saw the news in the OP, I never made the link, even tho I knew we had micro-organisms in us that lived in symbiotic relation.

It also makes me curious as to what we really look like; I mean, as in the video you posted, ants have different "specialization" resulting in different shapes inside one colony. If you can achieve that with food, directly, on a specie, what would be the result for us, should we remove the influence of certain micro-organism.

Would we be weaker, or stronger?

Also, you might like Howard Bloom's "The Lucifer Principle". He made at least 2 books. Totally related to the topic. A must!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

LOL Yes! What percentage of food is really needed by us to function, then?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
if the body is a container; and this container studies bodies that can be composed in fashion that the mind sees as similar to a body does further observation of organisms dictate life is full of bodies?

you cannot clarify what subject the mind is. does this same mind find any form of "llife" as equal to the mind observing?

you are a defilement. to equate what you speculate as equal to your defilement is an exaggeration of your perception of purity on your defilement.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

did anyone catch what he was saying?

Anyways,, good thread. Ive read this fact before recently. Another cool thing to think about it the mitochondria(the powerhouse) in our cells, has its own DNA and is actualy, a bacteria that LONG ago, joined with other bacteria/cells in a symbiotic manner. So for every cell we have that has mitochondria, theres technically 1 bacteria with that cell.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

In blue bird's thread, it is said that our body is composed only of 10% of human cells...

When we know that there are fungus that can manipulate the mind of their hosts, we have to wonder if there is any part of our behavior that we believe to be natural to our specie but that would be the result of a manipulation...

I didn't know, or remembered about mitochondria... Thanks!

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Aresh Troxit]

new topics

top topics

join