It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Enlightened.....i think

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

i don't think you understand where he is coming from. he is NOT saying he is GOD the almighty creator and the all POWERFUL.

GOD is all consciousness, all thought, all intention, all existence. we are all one consciousness therefore we are god.

there is no arrogance in what he perceives.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

yeah i am, and so are you! XDD

Don't go over the top, or you will end up broken.

Its not over the top, its the truth, you can't argue with the truth. Even quantum physics has discovered for itself that everything in the universe is consciousness. Matter does not exist, only consciousness.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sighler
reply to post by pepsi78

i don't think you understand where he is coming from. he is NOT saying he is GOD the almighty creator and the all POWERFUL.

GOD is all consciousness, all thought, all intention, all existence. we are all one consciousness therefore we are god.

there is no arrogance in what he perceives.

Actually i am saying that LOL. we are all that. it's not being arrogant its just the truth. This is our true nature, we get born on earth because we have agreed to forget our true nature in order to have the experience of remembering our true nature. It's just a game we play for a laugh really. I mean we have eternity to kill, thats a lot of time we got on our hands XDD

[edit on 8-7-2010 by orrite??]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Enlightment is more than that. If you want to play god be my guest.
The matrix has an owner, just because you are part of the matrix it does not mean you own it. It has rules of the game, configuration, just like a computer.
You are only moching your self by doing this. Balance is the name of the game.
It's true that by finding out who you are you get to go to another level, it does not make you god tho.

God is just a definition,a name if you want, it's a huge force, it may use you, it may be part of you but it may leave you if you are not worth it.

We live in an universe full of logic and rules, we are part of the rules not the rules, we don't rule, we never did. If you think you do you are in for a big surprise.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
A little zen story on this:

Once there was a young zen monk going on a street up to a temple on a mountain. Then an old monk with a big bag of rice on his shoulders came down the street towards him. The young monk asked him kess: "Old monk, i see you gained enlightment, how does it feel?" The old man stopped, but said nothing. He just took the ricebag of his shoulders, sat him down at the street and looked at him. The young monk was a bit confused as he didn´t answer, but then... ... he understood! He now asked, " old monk i understand, but what comes after enlightment?" The old monk took his ricebag back on his shoulder and went on...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by orrite??

ORRITE, and anyone who else is interested in this , check out the book Alamut by Vladimir Bartol. I have a thread on him and nobody ever bothered to post on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

THE TRUTH IS UNKNOWABLE.

NOTHING IS TRUE, EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think you're spot on OP.

Especially "feeling the illusory nature of the world" - I have this all the time!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Well your next step is to realize you're not God. You're atoms. Your dust. You cannot do anything more than what you can use your hands to do.

Made me a very happy but cynical man.

Yes there is nothing certain.

hence why a man once said "I think, therefore I am".

That's all you are. a thought.

You're not God, you're a human.

I realized that in a very intense dream long ago where I think I was dead or something. All I had was thought. No body. Most realistic dream ever and incredibly scary.

Now I'm back where I started. Through all my journey, I ended up no where in terms of faith. Back to Catholic Christian.

Accepting that life is suffering, nothing more and nothing less. Just love the fact that you're here, show that love to others, and to God.

Nothing much else matters.

If you're saved, great. If you die, whatever.

Does it matter? You'll be dead.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
That busines man sounds awesome, i want his job

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

God is not true, because the truth is unknowable. People are constantly sucked in by these fairy tales of Jesus Christ the Savior coming to save us all or Mohammad claiming Allah talked to him. Nothing more than a fairy tale because people prefer to hear lies than the truth. Guess what the truth of religion is that there are no truths because the truth can never be found. Knowing that we are nothing but atoms and our lives are nothing but insignificant should not discourage/depress people, rather EMPOWER THEM! We are the gods. Humans are gods. We are the only things on earth that reason and have free will.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Well my friend, the one thing that I can tell you is this. An enlightened person would never go around claiming that they were enlightened, let alone make an entire thread of it.

So, you still have quite a way to go. What you experienced is the first stages of freeing your mind. Enlightenment comes much later.

Namaste and Love

[edit on 8-7-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
you are right, we dont know anything

I just find amazing people that live their lives based on books ...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yes, I have experienced similar epiphanies myself.

The trick is not letting it get to your head. Otherwise, you undo all that enlightenment and retard future growth.

Keep an open mind all throughout.

Also, another bit of advice - if I'm in any position to give it - is never, ever underestimate the profundity of even the simplest of ideas.

For example, this statement may seem rather obvious to the casual reader: "Desire brings suffering." But is it really that obvious? Think about it.

Those 7 tiny little unassuming syllables took me 7 months of meditation to even partially wrap my head around some of its profound implications. Firestorms of personal revelation ensued from this single, simple domino falling that ultimately led to a paradigm shift in my thinking and well being.

So, in closing, don't let it get to your head, and never assume whence your next epiphany will spring from. I've gotten some pretty hefty "enlightenment" from even the most trivial and mundane of ideas.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by guavas]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
there is no me when you attain realization. You still speak from a "me". there is still a me in you. If you are enlightened, then you are totally convinced taht there is only one. You simply don't sound convinced. So I have my doubts.

You need to verify this state of consciousness with others who have already attained enlightened. If that state of consciousness is coming and going, then you still have mind play. After enlightenment the mind is seen for what it is.. a collection of thoughts. You don't sound like it. I would suggest that you communicate with already enlightened beings, www.guruswamig.com . You can communicate with enligthened beings there in the website.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PsychoX42

I don't see a problem in making a thread out of it though. He is asking whether others have experienced the same state of consciousness

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Great thread. We need more people to understand what this means, because I see it happening everywhere. This is an amazing time that we live in. Boundaries are being broken down on the global, macro, and micro scales. As a free thinking spiritual person, I'm astounded by the number of people I meet who are searching for more than what organized religion has offered for so long. I tend to believe that we are reaching some sort of critical threshold (commonly referred to as Mass Awakening) that will change the world. One by one people are becoming aware at all levels of enlightenment. And, you don't have to be a master. Just make an attempt to open your mind without judgment and seek the truth. It WILL come to you in time as it is intended.

I have found that the simplest approach is the best. The following phrase can open the door for you and also be your guide.

"I am open to everything, and attached to nothing"

Peace & Love to all.

ZenTao

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Knowing that we are nothing is the truth. Knowing that nothing is everything is the truth again. When we are nothing in the first place, then only an illusion of mind would require empowerment..

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I've been going through the same thing as op, only mine was triggered by ganja.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by GoodFella]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

don't agree. Catholics believe in an intermediary between god and human. However what the started of the thread was claiming was that all of us are infinite consciousness, and there is no separation between god and human or any other living or non-living thing as such. There are people who have experienced such a state of consciousness. Catholic church doesn't direct one to this state of consciousness.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Be careful not to destroy yourself now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join