Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I am Enlightened.....i think

page: 3
40
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78
 


are you aware of desteni ? She talks like this. And I think she is just a bunch of crap.

we always have a choice. Everytime a penis stands up when we see a girl doesn't mean we have to have sex with her. So much for the rules of the universe.




posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto
 


Phase VII : you realize the world is a dream, and you do not exist.



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye
 


have been there... its so much easier and shorter when you have a teacher who is guiding you... Cuz there is a constant guidance of what is working and what doesn't .. A living teacher ie.. I would be more accurate and use the sanskrit term guru.. The guru clears the confusion which our minds create.. been blessed by a living guru myself..



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench
 


YOu still have a me when you talk. You talk from the perspective of a me. An "I" can never be enlightened. Mind cannot claim enlightenment, if it does, then realization didn't take place.

Nirvana means fully blown out. So there wont be any mind after nirvana. One should still go deeper within themsleves to experience that state of consciousness.



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by orrite??
 


Allright, Oorrite, Zen master?

As said above, its nice to have an epiphany.

A moment of self clarity... An embrace on ones minds eye in the reconciliation of harmony inherent in the universe.

When we learn how to recognize the universe as an integral process comprising an infinite number of parts, we can rid ourselves of feelings of isolation aswell as the bond with possessions.

Although, gaining a deeper clarity would take more than listening to the words in the movie 'Fight Club.'



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by skywalker_
reply to post by pepsi78
 


are you aware of desteni ? She talks like this. And I think she is just a bunch of crap.

we always have a choice. Everytime a penis stands up when we see a girl doesn't mean we have to have sex with her. So much for the rules of the universe.


you just opened up the mistery box.
Of course everything is based on choises and no it's not crap, you are not getting anywhere.



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by skywalker_
reply to post by pepsi78
 


are you aware of desteni ? She talks like this. And I think she is just a bunch of crap.

we always have a choice. Everytime a penis stands up when we see a girl doesn't mean we have to have sex with her. So much for the rules of the universe.

By the way the rules of the universe are made by choises, they are made so you can chose, I'm not bsing you in anyway. It's in what I beilive.



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by orrite??
 



Hello orrite??-

So I had a thought a week ago about this. I thought as our body as the universe. Then I thought what if you were to slice our body (universe) into an infinite number of times like a ginger bread man cookie. Each slice represents an infinite number of souls (each person/soul is there own universe) so close to each other they form one entity bound together. We are then our own "God" if you will of our own universe that makes up the whole of "God". If we are able to realize this, we can then understand that each of us can change our own universe around us if we can learn how to tap into our universal knowledge. If we can do this than we can evolve into a higher being, if not we live our lives again and again until we can get it right.

But then again I can't prove anything so I guess it goes back to your finding that we really don't know anything.



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The awakening process is such an awesome experience, once I understood I was awakening. Many things in life have become so much clearer to see and understand, and i'm still only in the early stages of this process. My believable reality has expanded to higher levels, which is allowing me to understand the dynamics of our world so much more.

My question to the group is do others around you find the change in yourself a good thing, or do they feel you are kind of "out there" now; I get both, and wonder if this is a usual occurance during the awakening?



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by orrite??
Orrite??

About maybe a month ago, i was listening to this spiritual teacher on CD and at one point he said "...its actually impossible to know anything with absolute certainty, you can only know something with either a greater or lesser amount of certainty.." (paraphrased)


> actually, it is possible to know something. but you dont do it thru reason.

This was a massive revelation for me. I suddenly realised that everything i believed to be true; everything i thought i knew was utterly worthless. All these hours i had spent reading spiritual books; going to talks; had all been for nothing, because they were only beliefs and i would never be able to know if my beliefs were true or false, which led me to realise that the only thing i knew, is that i knew nothing.

> again, your applying words senselessly. if you *know* something, how can it be worthless?

> the past is part of who you are though. how can the journey... the adventure be worthless?

At that moment i literally felt all my beliefs fall to the ground, these beliefs about spirituality and enlightenment had burdened me all this time and i felt this HUGE relief come over my body, especially my shoulders. Then, i felt this veil lift up over my eyes. (the best way to describe it is like bridal veil that you see brides wear sometimes at weddings XD).

> oh, more talk about veils being lifted. how cliche.

I noticed immediately how quiet my mind was all my mental ramblings had stopped but i still retained my "practical mind" the voice in your head you hear when reading a book or working out a maths problem.

> sounds like your still ego possessed.

The next day, when i was walking in the city, i noticed how content and happy i felt, (not blissfully happy with tears streaming down my face which i think is quite a common misconception about enlightenment) it felt more like contentment but better lol. I also noticed that i could feel the illusory nature of the world,

this sounds like something i'd hear from a televangelist.

the nature of the world isnt illusionary. repeat "the nature of the world" carefully. nature is real. the voice in the mind is the foreign element. is the illusion.

> i felt like i was in a computer game.

perhaps your ideas about reality, have become a computer game.

I then saw this businessman on his mobile phone being all stressed and stuff, and i just laughed at him because i understood that we aren't who we believe ourselves to be, its our beliefs that are keeping us from becoming enlightened;

> perhaps your laughter was sadistic laugther? perhaps your not enlightened at all? perhaps you were getting "into bed" with his stress. a voyeur outside a bedroom window, getting his rocks off at the sight of another's pain or pleasure.

and that life is just a game we play, a game which isn't about winning or losing, and when the game ends, if we like, we can choose to play again.

We're not really Billy Smith or Sarah Millman we are just infinite consciousness (god) pretending to be. We are the best actors ever! That's why i laughed at the businessman because i thought "Ha! that guy really believes he's a businessman!, He doesn't realise he's just god pretending to be! chill out! It's just a game!"

So i was wondering has anyone else experienced anythings similar to this or knows what exactly this is? Is this enlightenment or maybe something else? If you could shed any light on this that would be great. I have been looking on the internet but have found very little.

> i would characterize this as faux enlightenment with a tinge of temporary sadistic pleasure. now you can go out everyday, watch other people suffer... watch them be stressed out... and feel good about yourself. all hail the pedestal!!


thanks.

P.S sorry its a bit lengthy



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by orrite??
 


Interesting it would seem that, if your story is truthful,you have pierced the "veil of forgetfulness".



The veil is set in place after birth so that the physical reality of space/time seems real, there are billions asleep and the small percentage that aren't are incomprehensibly small.



[edit on 8-7-2010 by 11118]



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by skywalker_
reply to post by ExPostFacto
 


Phase VII : you realize the world is a dream, and you do not exist.


Yeah that interpretation could work. Although, we are playing a part of the dream, so our decision is what part of the dream do we want to play.



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78
 


Let me just write what you just told me.

You said the universe has its rules, a set of rules that governs the system that is called as the universe. Then you said that, these rules arise from our choices ? This is misleading.

Maybe a better thing to say would be, hey you don't have a choice at all, because even if you act like you have a choice, the universe is just going on with the rules it has, which gives you the appearance of you having a choice, where as in reality you really do not.

This is more agreeable version. However, as far as enlightenment goes ...

An enlightened person doesn't have a "me". There is no me in making a choice. So the flow of life is natural according to what the universe is or will be. There is no mind to make any kind of decision. Life just happens.

Where as for you and me, both of us have a "me" in place. We still have a collection of thoughts called mind involved in our daily lives.It is a different thing to claim a fact to be a living experience, and to just state it. That's all.

P.S. I debated with desteni in one of her youtube video comments section. Think it is the 21st video in the series of law of attraction and hinduism. The long argument came down to the point that she claimed consciousness to be some kind of trap made by the elite, where as you have the zen masters, and buddha, and the enlightened rishis of India saying the exact opposite. Honestly, I would rather trust a 100 verifiable books from different points of time saying the same fact that one person claiming the opposite.

If you just do a search on desteni in this forum,you will find links to pages showing her history as to how she uses the language of a cult, and how its just another cult with no transparency.

I don't mean any disrespect to you as a person or anything like that. I am stating facts as I know.



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by orrite??
Orrite??

About maybe a month ago, i was listening to this spiritual teacher on CD and at one point he said "...its actually impossible to know anything with absolute certainty, you can only know something with either a greater or lesser amount of certainty.." (paraphrased)


Exactly! When trying to explain this to people I use a question like, "Where is your wife now?" (obviously i ask if they are married first.)

The usual answer is "At work." Ok, why is she at work, how do you know that? You could phone her mobile and ask if she is in work, you could even phone her office. But only through experiencing things yourself can you claim that you know, truly know. Even then our experience is filtered through our senses, senses which are only tuned to pick up a very finite amount of information.


This was a massive revelation for me. I suddenly realised that everything i believed to be true; everything i thought i knew was utterly worthless. All these hours i had spent reading spiritual books; going to talks; had all been for nothing, because they were only beliefs and i would never be able to know if my beliefs were true or false, which led me to realise that the only thing i knew, is that i knew nothing.


This is how I came to choose my belief system. It isn't a religion, its more sprirtual, but I try and find ideas and concepts in science or philosophy that I can explain through my personal belief system, this not only helps me refine it, but also allows me ways in which to test it. It makes so much more sense to me to have a personally crafted belief system because at te end of the day, whether your catholic, hindu or of an atheistic mind trying to understand the world through observation and experimentation, our knowledge and truths are just opinions of a much greater thing, that we agree with. We have popular opinions and unpopular opinions, probable and improbable.


So i was wondering has anyone else experienced anythings similar to this or knows what exactly this is? Is this enlightenment or maybe something else? If you could shed any light on this that would be great. I have been looking on the internet but have found very little.


Like everything else in the world, enlightenment is a matter of perspective. Do you feel enlightened? Rather than being a final step, maybe enlightenment, like say happiness can be felt many times, over many different things. Thats what I believe at least.

EMM



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto
 


You forget the you don't exist part
So if you don't exist, who is there to make a decision



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
welcome to the 'club' if I may say

You got it right, we are only consciousness and life is only a step, a trial for things to come. I don't find others, like that businessman, funny, I only feel sorry for them. They are stuck in their act, as you put it. I believe they may not reach the higher spheres of consciousness, rather get stuck in a loop of blindness and despair.


[edit on 8-7-2010 by TheOracle]



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krzyzmo
The awakening process is such an awesome experience, once I understood I was awakening. Many things in life have become so much clearer to see and understand, and i'm still only in the early stages of this process. My believable reality has expanded to higher levels, which is allowing me to understand the dynamics of our world so much more.

My question to the group is do others around you find the change in yourself a good thing, or do they feel you are kind of "out there" now; I get both, and wonder if this is a usual occurance during the awakening?


They may get scared of you and may not understand you and may try to hurt you along the way. Once you get to a stage you have real power and you can hit back, you can feel it in you, just don't over do it. People just won't back off, it's competition. Enlightment is a long way, it comes I think to you when you earn it at a cost. Rockets need engines to beat gravity, it will cost, it's a law but it's worth it. When you figure everything out don't be all that, you are not god. You can't walk in two ways at the same time so chose a path, can't enter two dors at the same time, the universe can, you can't. When you get near perfection each time there is a reward for you, you have power. The mind is an incredible tool, it will turn logic and thoughts
into reality even if it sounds like science fiction. Anything go's at that point, you just have to snap your fingers and imagine it, and it's there. Becarefull what you wish for because the whole universe is on your side at that moment.


I promise to do no harm tonight.
It's a good song by Brandon Flowers.



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Many times words fail, and thus it is with enlightenment.

One word is not the sum of it's parts, all the abstractions and vector of thought are not adequately contained in the symbols denoting it's values and meaning. So in your instance in my opinion your in lighting, enlightenment, the lighting of an inner lamp, is one of the basic but nonetheless extremely important feedback loops we can generate in our brains.

It shows us that the cult-ural construct is a farce in and of itself, and also that it's immediacy poses a threat to our well being. That is why I posted earlier don't destroy yourself. Because now it will become difficult, like a dull gnawing on your being, the temptation to play, to win. It will be all too easy to turn off your lamp. Or on the contrary, you don't pay attention to it's attenuation and you immolate yourself.

Just as countless meals make up our bodies yet we forget about them/can't reflect upon every single meal, all of our experiences and personal affirmations form the aggregate that composes our mind, the bodies executive.

We can't know absolutes because we do not know absolutely what we are dealing with, at any given moment, only shearing off layers of information from the otherwise infinite ordered noise our senses receive, but we can say we know what we know, then, projecting the self into the future (a crude form of time-travel) we sense the future as it could be, and in the greater hu-mans attitude, the future as it will be.

The man you laughed at was exercising his own divine rights and was impacting the void as he saw fit. Of course he is a product of the environment, bu so are you, and I.

It is easy to see the environment (of cult-ure) is created and maintained, and not so much by the people. Just like a relatively small organ, the brain, directs a multitude of cellular sentience. So it is with this literal matrix.
The many medias act as the nerve bundles and relay systems, to urge behavior upon the cells.

Inevitably any talk about consciousness must intersect the meme of the overlord, world rulers in my opinion, seeing as how bizarre our environment is and also how the blatant discrepancies, lies and engineered initiatives act as a cancer on the overall body.

I understand the analogy of actors, one mine is that all this is a bad movie but we can't leave the theater. We can change it though. There is infinite order in every aspect, and facet of this realm, and like an equation, each symbol is extremely distinct and will affect the whole in vastly different ways.

We are here for a reason, every instant is mandated, for a reason, with the internet acting as a macro cellular relay, we as an organism seem to be evolving in interesting ways. With knowledge comes responsibility. Response ability. How will you respond to your signal? Use your abilities and shape the world as your are supposed to.



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So, knowing that you don't know anything and being content? That sounds like apathy. Apathy = enlightenment.

Write that down in your copybooks now.




posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I wonder if while we are here on earth in the dimension we are currently in if we can know the REAL "TRUTH"? I think we are terrible limited here and it cannot be know in it's totalitary...Is there even a truth here?





new topics

top topics



 
40
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join