It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the confederacy would have WON!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

thats not what I ment by that ands I think you know that

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
We would be forced to live in a redneck utopia!

So… Hell no!!!!!!

Something wrong with "rednecks" thats sounds like racial profiling"!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
actually I was leaning toward the whole free state and Arizona is being sued by the federal gov.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by witchdoctor

I would hope so, Texas hmmmm I wonder who else

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Great Britain supported the South during the Civil War. This wasn't just talk. The South built Naval ships in England that were used in the war.

Hmmm thats a bit of a stretch, Britain was also selling vast amounts of munitions to the Union and Blockading the South. Its pretty safe to say Britain although officialy neutral more or less just kept supporting both sides of the Civil War whenever it suited them politicaly and financialy.

Britain was also heavily depended on Union grain shipments. They didnt really support the South all that much.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by madhadder545

LOL i know man, no worries.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The people in power in the Confederacy wanted one thing, and one thing only: to conserve their power!! Being allowed to have slaves was a major factor!

The common soldier might have had different reasons, or believe in whatever excuse those in power fed them, but it doesn't change why they fought the North.

Not saying "States rights" wasn't an important component, but even that was just a proxy for keeping their political and economical power.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'll agree with the person that said southern prejudice is way too popular and accepted on ATS and just the country in general. Stop blaming us for the dumbed down society. Y'all won the war, we're just living in the Union's society. Lincoln killed more Americans than any single person.

But it is great living in a country where you need a license to FISH. America, land of the free! Thank you yankee liberators!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
First things first. The North INVADED the South. The people of the Confederate states fought to stop an INVASION. The Confederacy's fight was never about the negro, it was about self-defense. It was the North who dictated what history would be written about it.
So take your historical revisionist BS that said the Civil War was about slavery and stow it. The only people fighting to end slavery in the Civil War were the black troops themselves. The abolitionists (sans John Brown) were pacifists who lacked the conviction to actually fight for their beliefs.
No nation ever gave more in the fight for freedom.
Had the south won WW2 might have been won by the axis powers. Slavery would have died by 1900 and the people of the Northern United States would still be just as racist as anyone living in the Southern US, regardless of who won.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Obama would be the gardner at the White house.
His cronies would be bartenders.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Gen PGT Beauregard was within 20 miles of an undefended washington in the openng months of the war he was instructed NOT TO PROCEED
so the idea the south couldn't have won Is pure BS.

I think this is very telling. The CSA could have attacked washington and taken it over, but what would be the point in that? Their goal wasn't to occupy the northern capital and take over the northern states. Their goal was to be left alone and exercise the rights laid out in the declaration of independence.

“That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness”

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Actually, I'm pretty sure the South invaded the North first. In any case the South invaded in pretty short order. What made the Battle of Antietam so important was that Lee's invasion of the North was stopped at that battle.

In fact, the first thing the Confederacy did upon secession was declare war on the United States.

I never understood this. I think Southerners must have been pissed off beyond belief to want a war, which I think they did on some level because they certainly acted that way.

The whole war was #'ed up.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

In the 19th century Republicans were left wing and the Democrats right. That's why the KKK was founded by democrats.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
Why would so many men give their lives for slavery, when only the rich owned them?

Because they were paid by the rich and forced to fight? The same reason as in any total war. Not to mention the propaganda.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

You would be very wrong in your assumption.

Bull Run/Manassas was the first major battle a Union invasion of Virginia long before the Battle of Sharpsburg/Antietam which was in Union occupied Maryland which was very sympathetic to the Confederacy and occupied early in the War to prevent them from leaving the Union.
The only true Confederate Offensive in the North was the Gettysburg Campaign and that was only which came at the mid point of the War and was mostly a desperate attempt by the Confederacy to get a Victory and force peace negotiations.

Confederate representatives had met with President Buchanan and attempted to meet with President Lincoln many times before the first shot was fired at Fort Sumter. The Confederate Declaration of War wasn't made until May of 1861. Keep in mind that the Union naval blockade of the Confederacy began in April of 1861 more than a month before the Confederacy declared war.

The Confederacy did not want war they just wanted to leave the Union. If allowed to leave the Union then the United States would be a nation without slavery which they wanted and slaves escaping from the Confederacy would have had someplace to go to without fugitive slave acts and so forth. Of course allowing the Confederate states to leave also would cost about 70% of government tax revenue from cotton tariffs.

[edit on 7/7/2010 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by madhadder545

Well, if the Confederacy would have won, y'all would most likely be speaking Spanish thar in Arizona podner.

The South East would probably be speaking French.

I am all for State rights, and if Arizona want's to become a police state, well, I know where NOT to take my vacation.

The question I have is when does Arizona issue little Sombrero badges to the legal immigrants? You know, so that they know they have already checked that person out. And to make sure to be able to identify every immigrant.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
We would be forced to live in a redneck utopia!

So… Hell no!!!!!!

So tired of this ridiculous Yankee claptrap.
Confederates and rednecks are two different groups.
The Confederates fought the Union.
The rednecks fought thugs hired to prevent unionization.
Union busters, scabs, Northerners who murdered, raped, and pillaged for a dollar at the behest of their wealthy masters, industrial robber barons, the very same wealthy class that had paid others to serve in their stead for the honorable Union cause just 50 years before.
You all sure were quick swallow the propaganda of the day. Laughing at that ignorant group of people who struggled to resist enslavement while to stupid to realise you were already slaves yourselves.
Must be a lot of truth to that Yankee stereotype on Jersey Shore.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
If the Confederacy won . . .
A short play

NARRATOR:
You know that nifty computer you are using. Well, if the Confederacy had won the civil war it may have turned out a little something like this.

SCENE:
Clouds part as we fly in over America and zoom in on Memphis. It's a garden paradise, with Columned houses and clean streets. A large gathering of Aristocrats are around the entrance to a new Neo-roman renaissance building. It looks rather like Jeffersons' Home. A Well dressed man in a top hat at the top of the stairs speaks.

CROWD:
[expectant but quiet]

SPEAKER:
"Within the new Academe de Science we have the worlds first calculating machine."

He lowers his arms and grasps the air in front of him with his right hand. "It can perform any calculation accurate to five decimal places in one second."

The crowd looks expectant, but quiet. The speaker tries to impress them again. "It fills, and entire . . . room."

CROWD:
Ohhhs, and Ahhhhs

SCENE:
camera zooms back out showing the building in it's relation to the city.

NARRATOR:
Now confident in how to sell the new device the company grew and grew.

SCENE:
The building has rooms added too it, then an adjacent building bought, then another, then all of them, then they are all joined into one building.

NARRATOR:
Now we have enough computing power to do the budget for every business in the city, and we are in talks with New Orleans for building a computer there. The future of computing looks bright, and there is unlimited room for growth.

END

David Grouchy

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
After the War Gen'l Beauregard the military engineer got the railroads rebuilt and running again..then he became the verifier for the Louisiana state lottery on account of his highly regarded and widely acknowledged personal integrity.

Louisiana was thus the first state in the union to be out of debt after the Civil War.

Should I repeat that line again for the northerners on this thread?
No? OK OK
I'll write it really slowly then:
Louisiana was thus the first state in the union to be out of debt after the Civil War

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
"History is written by those who have hanged heroes." From the movie Braveheart.

I've often said the United States of America died in 1865. We became the Federal Union of America. There was a reason each state had it's own laws, and own constitution. They were independent states. Not territories, not jurisdictions, states. To the rest of the world a state, is just another word for nation. We were a collection of independent nations. Lincoln killed that, and we've been under the rule of a 'foreign' government ever since.

Ask yourself this, if we are one state (nation), and each state is just a territory of the USA, what state is the capital in? It's not in any state. Because it's not part of the United States.

It rules over the 50 nations, just like the Queen rules over the 54 states of the Commonwealth of Nations.

[edit on 7/8/2010 by minute2midnight]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join