It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal or Immigrant and Double Standard

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
First thing's first. Illegal and Immigrant do not ever apply to the same person. They are either an Illegal or an Immigrant. Immigrants follow the rules and the laws and come to the US the legal and lawful way. Illegals sneak in the back door and do not follow the legal and lawful way to enter our country. This is not about the color of their skin, it's about the laws and following them. Americans are expected to abide by the laws of their country and Americans expect newcomers (Immigrants) to abide by those same laws. Illegals follow no laws.

Now, speaking of legal and lawful ways to go about things there is an obvious double standard at play, one that is not even hidden or secreted away.

American citizens Michaele and Tareq Salahi attended POtuS Obama's party uninvited (illegal entry) and were caught and now face felony and misdemeanor charges.

Illegals enter through the "backdoor" of our house (The USofA) and are not caught nor charged with anything, and definitely not sent back to their own country.

I suggest that POtuS Obama open the White House doors (that place where his family lives) to all and sundry who wish to come in and keep his mouth shut and like it! When he allows everyone to come and go into the White House, we'll all shut up about the border crashing and our home (the USA).

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You are trying to make distinctions that really don't aptly apply. An immigrant is simply a person who originates from another country -- regardless of their legal status in this country.

Seriously, is this an issue that deserves to be nitpicked?

Surely there are better ways that you could vent your frustrations against the issue of illegal immigration.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Terminology IS important. Once those words are linked by common usage people see them as immigrants rather than illegal squatters. They are not immigrants. They are law breakers from another country. Just because their country borders ours does not change the situation. I don't care which country someone comes from, there are lawful legal ways to gain entry into the USA and our southern neighbors need to follow the rules like every one else.

Both sides of my family immigrated through Ellis Island, legally. I'm not opposed to legal immigration. I'm opposed to unlawful entry. I don't think exceptions should be made for illegal entrance, and I don't really think the two terms belong together.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
You're right, terminology -- when used correctly -- is important.

An immigrant is a person who originates from a foreign country. Legal status has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not a person is an immigrant. Either you're an immigrant or you're not.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare

I suggest that POtuS Obama open the White House doors (that place where his family lives) to all and sundry who wish to come in and keep his mouth shut and like it! When he allows everyone to come and go into the White House, we'll all shut up about the border crashing and our home (the USA).

Go through the old turn of the century photos. There wasn't a fence around the white house and people were welcome to picnic on the lawn.

It is more than slightly hypocritical for the POTUS to open the borders and yet fence out the citizens who might have a grievance.

From Blacks law dictionary 1933 no word for immigrant per sae However immigration is defined.

IMMIGRATION The coming into a country of foreigners for purposes of permanent residence.Text

ALIEN n. In the united states, One born out of the jurisdiction of the United States and who has not been naturalized under their constitution and laws. 2 Kent comm 50; Ex parte Dawson, 3 Bradf. Sur. (N.Y.) 136; Lynch vs Clarke, etc etc.

ILLEGAL Not authorized by law; Illicit; Unlawful, Contrary to law.

There is also a word for their children that starts with B but I think you can look that one up yourself.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by ..5..]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Living in Arizona I see everyday where propagandists and apologists for ILLEGAL ALIENS print stories and give TV interviews where they purposely fail to make the distinction between ILLEGAL ALIENS and legal migrants. You see this all the time in discussions of HB 1070. It is tragic that American citizens are being told not to recreate or or otherwise enjoy the land south of Casa Grande that has become a corridor for ILLEGAL ALIEN DRUG SMUGGLING and nothing is being done about it so Obama and the Democrats can suck up to ILLEGAL ALIENS and secure their lifelong allegiance and votes for the Democratic party.

Yes, all are migrants or immigrants, BUT NOT ALL ARE LEGAL.

The Democrats are giving America away because they know that their days are numbered and that we have found out their game and will no longer play it.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

The Democrats are giving America away because they know that their days are numbered and that we have found out their game and will no longer play it.

And the Republicans are doing their best to try and take away Constitutional freedoms through fear and propaganda. Yes, let's just make sure that everyone has their papers. Forget that silly 4th Amendment right?

Republicans, tyranny through the guise of security.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Driving over the speed limit is agaist the law. Does anybody expect to be thrown out of the country for speeding? No, you have a double standard. You complain about law breakers and break the law every day by speeding. An illegal alien is not risking anybody's life, so, logically his crime should have less of a punishment than the crime of speeding.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Driving over the speed limit is agaist the law. Does anybody expect to be thrown out of the country for speeding? No, you have a double standard. You complain about law breakers and break the law every day by speeding. An illegal alien is not risking anybody's life, so, logically his crime should have less of a punishment than the crime of speeding.

No sorry do not blanket me and many others here with such 'You are no better than they are' type arguments.

Not all of us speed, cross double yellow lines, roll through stoplights, keep wallets/phones other valuables that they find etc. etc.

Just because you won't get caught is no reason to break rules no matter how petty.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
If the drug smuggling stops, politicians won't be able to keep a large part of the citizenry dumbed down, besides a large part of the population demand the drugs, plus the side cash politicians pocket from allowing the drug trade would be gone. They can stop it, even if it's just the drug trafficking, or both the unlawful entrants into this country. They don't want to stop it. Perhaps slow it down a bit just to appease the general public that is against it. I for one am neutral in many aspects. It's not going to stop. Debating isn't going to solve anything. Also, racism is a divisionary tool they use to keep everyone from uniting. Think about that.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

First of all, I don't drive - therefore I do not speed. Yet, if I did drive it would be in the country wherein I was birthed, issued a cetificate of birth, educated, submitted my certificate of birth to take and pass my drivers test, and was state issued a license to drive. I followed all of the rules to be permitted to drive on the US public roadways. If I broke the laws of the road I would expect to be caught and punished.

IF I broke into your house and took up residence I would expect to be caught, tried and CONVICTED of trespass and illegal entry, and punished.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

If you knew me, you'd know that that racist remark is completely unfounded!

I do agree with you that the drug traffic is the primary issue with illegal entrance on our southern border. I'd also be just as upset if illegals entered our northern, eastern or western borders. I don't care if they are white, brown, red, tan, black, pink, purple or blue.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

earthdude, If I was speeding and got caught, I'd be ticketed or have to post bail.
So, what is your point? If an illegal is caught speeding now, they get a ticket or go to jail and post bail, the difference is I have to pay my fine or show up in court. They don't do either.

[An illegal alien is not risking anybody's life, so, logically his crime should have less of a punishment than the crime of speeding.

This is just plain stupid. Your about as dumb as they come, I sure hope you don't VOTE or Breed. That illegal is driving without insurance, that illegal hits your car and kills your wife or kid or husband or your beloved dog, who is going to pay? They'll make bail and skip the country.

Hopefully as of the 29th of this month, if an illegal is caught breaking our law and it is determined that person is illegal. They go to jail and stay there until their deported.
Their illegals, that's a crime.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Alien definition:

Owing political allegiance to another country or government; foreign: alien residents.

Many are not here because they want to become U.S. citizens.
Many consider themselves to be part of a "Brown Revolution" called reconquista. They're not here to share, but to re-conquer the land from the U.S.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
You're right, terminology -- when used correctly -- is important.

An immigrant is a person who originates from a foreign country. Legal status has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not a person is an immigrant. Either you're an immigrant or you're not.

I'm Sorry But You're just WRONG!
I know your a big open borders and sanctuary city and state fan. I understand, you want to hug and be friends with every one.

But you and your definitions of the word immigrant and it use is wrong.
One who or that which immigrates, as a person, an animal, or a plant; specifically, a person who migrates into a country for the purpose of permanent residence.

Now we have laws because we have BORDERS, To migrates into a country for the purpose of permanent residence, has rules here to follow, you are to be documented, which requires you to have a passport and a visa for the propose of visiting, working, education, marriage and of course residential.

Of course you have to respect our way of life and our laws, which many do not.
They come here illegally and continue to break our laws and life a sparse life with numerous families in one house to save as much money as possible and send it to their home country and they return there and live off the exchange rate and then return again.

There's no other way to look at it, Their Illegals.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Great Thread, I've enjoyed reading the usual Open Border and Sanctuary Cities posters.
I'm waiting for the All You Right Wingers Are RACIST, attacks to start.
Yes, I seen whatukno post. Nothing to worry about there.

S & F

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

I just don't understand WHEN traipsing into a new territory and setting up camp without being invited by the current inhabitants became such an outrage.

That's why I'm here,its why your there.

I take it you are an avid advocate for Indigenous rights the world over?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I have my papers and am not afraid to show them. Why is anyone who is legally a resident afraid to show that they are?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mumma in pyjamas

We are the only country who is expected to have open borders. Try traipsing into Mexico and see what it gets you. Everyone talks open borders trash when it only applies to the United States.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Most of us do not speed and if we did speeding is not stealing identities of legal citizens, nor is it working under the table to avoid taxes, nor is it driving without insurance, nor is it stealing cars and taking them to Mexico, nor is it going to emergency rooms and not paying your bills, nor is it committing crimes and returning to Mexico to avoid prosecution, nor is it invading people's homes to steal from them, nor is it setting up criminal enterprises commonly called gangs.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join