It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Huge Part of History is Missing!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
3. The Microwave Oven:
Inventor, or first to patent: Percy Spencer
Date: 1945
Link: en.wikipedia.org...
-------------------------------------------------------------
first patent could be right...but..
the microwaves were alreaddy installed on the german U boats during ww2..
so it is an guinny german invention...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
Very weird. I have thought about this before. The microchip in particular. I can easily say more microchips have been made, and microchips were a more revolutionary step than the cotton gin that we still teach youngsters about.

intersetingly enough alot of stange new patents started coming out 5-10 years after roswel

6 or 7 now major companies stated up at about the same time and patanted things that logically had no use by themselves

like they were being descovered out of logical order (or reverse engineered) do we give credit to the alien creators or the companies that patented them

sometimes the principle inventer comes up with a principal process or mecanism and a company might buy that and develop it

who then is the inventer? the person with the idea even if he knows not how to make it for production

how many inventers are good at business, marketing, finance
maby this is why some people think corperations invented everything

XPLodER

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

He was simply the first to realize that it could be used as a heating method for every day use. Read the article, it is fascinating.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

The more I read these replies, the more I realize their are needs for laws to exist to credit inventors. As to your reply, yes many suspicious patents came out after Roswell. Therefore if we had these laws now, it would be far more difficult to hide the truth. Although unless these corporations who came out with these patents had current contracts with the ferderal government, I doubt they were the end product of reverse engineering. For that matter I would find it highly odd if the American civilians have ever seen any form of reverse engineering. I would assume the government would not only keep anything they were able to create Top Secret, but also keep it strictly for the military, and other top secret projects.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
From someone that attended a pretty good h.s. seven years ago, I can barely recall them teaching us anything about inventors, and if they did, it was so brief that it never became something you really needed to know to pass the class. A real shame, especially since I've learned so much more on my own through curious research then I've ever been taught in school.

I didn't even know who Tesla was until a few years back, and I'm shocked that one of the greatest inventors of all time is largely ignored in our history books while we're still fed on Edison being the best.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The list of inventors taught in schools is really more focused on "major inventions" or more accurately those that had the biggest impact on culture and society at the time. The cotton gin qualifies for that as does the car, airplane, radio, telephone, etc.

Modern inventors no longer seem to invent the big impact item since, as others have noted, those are developed over years of research by teams like the Manhattan Project "invented" the atomic weapon. Further, within the U.S., there seems to be a preference for only discussing those things invented by Americans primarily during the "Industrial Age".

I would hope that 100 years from now there will be a greater emphasis on later 20th century inventions of greater impact, i.e. computers, cell phone technology, microwaves, etc.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

Yes, the 'fax' machine was once called 'telex' machine, I believe it used a system of printed dots?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
reply to post by XPLodER

The more I read these replies, the more I realize their are needs for laws to exist to credit inventors. As to your reply, yes many suspicious patents came out after Roswell. Therefore if we had these laws now, it would be far more difficult to hide the truth. Although unless these corporations who came out with these patents had current contracts with the ferderal government, I doubt they were the end product of reverse engineering. For that matter I would find it highly odd if the American civilians have ever seen any form of reverse engineering. I would assume the government would not only keep anything they were able to create Top Secret, but also keep it strictly for the military, and other top secret projects.

in my opinion you would be amaized to learn what has been released is carefully made to look civilian when all that takes is a corparate entity to use as a proxie for the military

some of americas largest and most well known companies were in fact started to exploit tech that came directly from the milatary they could not exploit the tech because any money made would go to the govenment instead of private hands

alot of hidden milatary budgets off books income are companys like BELL done under your nose

XploDer

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason Paul

How fascinating is it that Tesla is not mentioned anywhere in any schoolbook text? Was he too dangerous?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I was taught that John Logie Baird invented the television. And it seems that there's plenty of documentation to support this.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Beaux

Is this the biggest problem, that we are not teaching anything that hasn't been validated over a fifty year period? 100year period? Why aren't we teaching modern day technology?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Baird invented a television system. Not the system which became a commercial success and certainly not the system in use today.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Please link the documentation. I would love to see this and compare it to the info I have found. For that matter we should start communications on an international level, regarding history as a whole. I would like to look up and present world events over the last two hundred years and see how other's history's from around the world differ from that of the U.S. and then discuss why there are discrepencies, and what is likely to be true.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

reply to post by RMFX1

Please link the documentation. I would love to see this and compare it to the info I have found. For that matter we should start communications on an international level, regarding history as a whole. I would like to look up and present world events over the last two hundred years and see how other's history's from around the world differ from that of the U.S. and then discuss why there are discrepencies, and what is likely to be true.

Google John Logie Baird. I'd be interested in your findings because I'd hate to think that I was lied to in school. John Logie Baird is Scottish, as am I and I suppose that's why they made a point of teaching us about it in school.

Also, something else that you may be interested in is that the pneumatic tyre was invented by John Dunlop, who was born and raised and did all of his best work to my knowledge just up the road from where I grew up in Ayrshire in Scotland.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by RMFX1]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Jason Paul

How fascinating is it that Tesla is not mentioned anywhere in any schoolbook text? Was he too dangerous?

tesla invented somethings that to this day are still hidden from the world so yes he was dangerous to the controling classes

one amazing claim was his planary electromagnetic engine could power another one of his inventions an anti gravity machine

the power output in a megnetic sence was switched on and off very fast and radio waves were overlayed into the feild which caused the effect his designs for the antigravity devices can be found on the net but his energy devices were hidden at the time of his death

who does this benifit?

XPLodER

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Knew I could count on you Phage. Welcome back. What do you think about the alternate history page between different countries? We each state historical facts that we have been taught to be true on one page, and then compare the differences between different nations. I think it could be very informing.

-Dreamwalker74

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

2. Ignorance. People who don’t understand something, and are not willing to research it, come up with their own theories based on emotion alone. I have been told by MANY people over the years. “Look around you, at least 90% of all this modern technology was reverse engineered from Extra Terrestrials.” Don’t get me wrong, I believe the evidence exists that many E.T. crafts have landed or crashed on this planet. I believe a small fraction of their technology was able to be reverse engineered. I also believe that some day, after disclosure does come, we will be able to celebrate the names of these secret scientists and engineeres who were able to do the unthinkable. In the mean time we need to research the human inventors who have made our modern day lives what they are. We need to put them in our history books, and we need to put them up as examples for our children.

edit on by dbates because: Caps lock title edit.

I totally agree with you but only 1 thing that I do not. Integrated circuit was listed as one of the technologies that was sent to some Company to be studied and back-engineered. A technology that "WASN'T ours to begin with" was then patented and an inventor named. Hell. It wasn't even INVENTED. It was BACK-ENGINEERED. A mere pathetic copy created by homo sapiens, the lesser intelligent race. Lets look at the definition(s) of invent.

in·vent   [in-vent] Show IPA
–verb (used with object)
to originate or create as a product of one's own ingenuity, experimentation, or contrivance: to invent the telegraph.
to produce or create with the imagination: to invent a story.
to make up or fabricate (something fictitious or false): to invent excuses.
Archaic . to come upon; find.

Now lets look at Reverse Engineer.

re·verse-en·gi·neer   [ri-vurs-en-juh-neer] Show IPA
–verb (used with object)
to study or analyze (a device, as a microchip for computers) in order to learn details of design, construction, and operation, perhaps to produce a copy or an improved version.

These jokers didn't invent ANYTHING. They only reverse engineered a technology, created by another far more intelligent race, not meant for this planet at the time.

Same thing goes for the Alien Headband (In theory, was being used to control the craft by thought) that was recovered at the Roswell Crash. Right now, guess where its making its grand first stop at? Military. To pilot their piss-poor machines of war and man-made destruction. If you ask me, we're not taking the safe way of self-evolution, we're relying on reverse engineered technologies and thats not the safe way to evolve even with our Reckless Fascination with dropping Nuclear bombs on other countries.

If we as people don't do something about this soon, we'll be bombarding ourselves with AntiMatter and Nano bombs. Not a pleasant way to go, and there's no going back after it happens. Why? We wont be alive to have second thoughts about this.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by RMFX1

Baird invented a television system. Not the system which became a commercial success and certainly not the system in use today.

Symantics surely. He was the first to demonstrate the technology of displaying images on a "television" screen. Obviously the technology progressed, or at some point early on took a different route but you'd be nitpicking to say that he wasn't the inventor of the first television.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

I will look my Scottish brother. My family came here to the U.S. in 1795 from Scotland apparently from right outside Ayrshire. In my life I have never heard anybody other than my Grandfather mention that name. Wonder if we're related? Anyway it would be very interesting to learn the history you learned there, vs what I have learned here. Look forward to hearing from you.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

reply to post by RMFX1

Wonder if we're related?

Aren't we all related in some way? I was also taught that life on Earth all spawned from the same single cell organism that came into being in a dirty pond somewhere in Africa. We're all Brothers!

EDIT: ...and sisters aswell

[edit on 7-7-2010 by RMFX1]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join