It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thorold, Ontario Amputee Has His Artificial Leg Ripped Off By Police And Is Slammed In Makeshift Cel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I feel very bad for the farmer and his daughter and all who were inappropriately treated by police at the summit. That overkill we witnessed was all part of the grand plan. PM Harper is on a roll of heady event recently...summits, Royal visits, megworld leader interaction...
He's spending our money like a sailor for all of this in an effort to prop up his party and himself. Looks great to have pictures taken with everyone including Queen Elizabeth, in such a short 2 week timespan. By the way, they weren't Americans perpitrating the "enforcement" at the G8, they were thousands of Canadian cops, most on triple time, helping to try and justify a $1 Billion dollar expenditure. Opps there goes another deficit BLLAM...cerrrplop! ( sung to the music of High Hopes...Francis would be proud)

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Premier of Ontario, Dalton McGuinty conspired with the police to create an illusionary new "law" to do away with civil rights. After the fact, he said it was a "miscommunication". Liar. It was in all the major papers for days and he never said a peep.

He is refusing to allow a public inquiry. Left or right...it makes no difference. Once you get that much power in your hands, your hands get very dirty.

My son was one of the people arrested and was held illegally for 26 hours with no access to a phone call on bogus charges that were immediately dropped. I was almost physically ill throughout that weekend not knowing what was going on.

The Canadian people need to really raise hell. Some help from the Americans, Europeans and Australians would certainly be appreciated as well. Spread the word. This is an outrage!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Amputee claims Police Ordered him to "Hop" at G20
CTV.ca - ‎1 hour ago‎
TORONTO — A 57-year-old amputee says he was told to "hop" after his prosthetic leg was ripped off by a police officer during a G20 protest. ...

Police claim he could have used his fake leg as a "weapon" against them. Yeah. "One legged man beats up 4,000 cops in full riot gear."

/Not proud to be Canadian

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Gamma MO]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

Wow, I am shocked about this one. I did not think that this sort of thing happened in Canada. I thought it happened in the United States or some European country.

This sort of thing does seem to be a trend with police. The police seem to be getting more and more violent against the citizens. This is a very disturbing trend.

It's not a trend if it's been going on for a long, LONG time. It's standard operating procedure. Excessive tasering, shooting the unarmed, killing via chokehold, beatings, you name it. The Chicago Democratic Convention of 1968...police attacking strikers in the early days (and beyond) of the labor movement...police attacking Civil Rights marchers in the South...need I go on?

But we can TOTALLY trust that Arizona's Papieren, bitte immigration law will be enforced fairly and equally by the police of Arizona.

Sure, there are good cops. But some people like to pretend there are no problems and block investigations, and thus make the good cops get lumped in with the bad.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
OFF TOPIC POST

OFF TOPIC POST

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Thats not a post it is the leg you are supposed to be beating that cripple with

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
They did put this on the news finally, and they're going to be making up a report on it, apparently the NDP positon has had a lot of sway. I want to see what comes of this as far as public awareness.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Dear Unity (and all ATS members),

You asked, "Under what jurisdiction did the police act?" I would like to answer this question too. Please bear with me.

Last fall, an ATS member posted a message regarding the legal jurisdiction under which the Pittsburgh G20 meeting took place in September. I memory serves, he claimed that G20 meetings generally take place within the framework of an international treatise that suspends the application of local (e.g., American) law, by temporarily transfering the legal jurisdiction of the "venu" (possibly the entire host city) to an International authority (think "Bilderberger"). I would like to review this posting in light of recent events that took place in Toronto and your important question.

Unfortunately, I can no longer find the post on the ATS site. Can any members shed some light on the question of the legal jurisdiction for the G20 meeting in general and for the Pitt. G20 meeting specifically? I hope this is good preparation for answering Unity's question.

Best Wishes,

Whitehorse2

top topics

<< 1   >>

join