It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah on US-Mexico Border-Report: (Can we please wake the hell up!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

A Hezbollah terror cell may be operating among drugs cartels around the U.S.-Mexican border, announced U.S. Republican National Committee Rep. Sue Myrick. Myrick requested U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano create a special team to further investigate the potential problem and threat.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cb989fb4669.jpg[/atsimg]

The Republican representative referenced several incidents that show evidence of Hezbollah's efforts to infiltrate the U.S. region with the aid of Mexican drug cartel gangs. "It is vital we know what is happening on our border, especially as crime and violence continue to rise there and as terrorist plots and threats are increasing inside the U.S.," quoted the Fox News report.

Myrick cited the warming relationship between Iran and Venzuela as proof that Hezbollah members may be collaborating with Latin American drug cartels, who may be utilizing Hezbollah's ability to dig underground tunnels for drug smuggling and in turn, providing funding, document forging, and false identities.

The Fox News report referenced Anthony Placido, assistant administrator for intelligence at the Drug Enforcement Administration, testifying at a House Oversight and Government Reform subcommittee in March this year, that some drug smugglers in the U.S.-Mexico region have had relationships with Hezbollah between the 1980s and 1990s.

Fox News also cited a 2006 House Homeland Security Committee report which details incidents of Hezbollah operatives who were apprehended when trying to access the U.S. through Mexico. The report mentions Mahmoud Youssef Kourani, a Hezbollah member who pleaded guilty in 2005 for supplying information to the terror organization after he was smuggled in the U.S. through Mexico, and lived in Dearborne, Michigan.

Source: www.newsmax.com...

WTH people. There have been stories that all types of terrorist would/will be trying to come in the USA via the Southern Borders. As each day passes, the country rips itself apart over the border. Why not just close it down tight and lets see who wins any arguments.

We appartently have learned NOTHING from 911. Must worse-we elected a person President who caters and feels for the Muslin side of things. To me, that includes the bad side of the Muslin religion also.

How many more must die before we stop acting like a bunch of sissies-afraid of our own shadow. Why isn't the US Gov't telling people coming across the border how it is or isn't going to be. No, we let them in and let them protest against us-working against our best country goals.

Canada is starting to sound pretty good-again!

We need to start officially issusing these things:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/42af4de6f037.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
If I were living in the southern US Hezbollah would be pretty darn low on my list of things to worry about.

And as for the whole "Obama is a Muslim" thing, that really doesn't fit with the actual actions of his administration.
In my opinion everything points to him being another patsy for the bankers/military industrial complex.

The whole Muslim thing is probably a diversion and/or right-wing hysteria

[edit on 6-7-2010 by MrVertigo]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Obama caters to Muslims, while carrying on 2 wars and drone attakcs on Muslims?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think this has been brought out somewhere before, but it really needs to stay out in front since we really have no idea of what type of people are crossing our borders, excepting for what little information like this that becomes public from time to time. I recall hearing reports of Somalis awhile back that they thought were heading north after leaving a Mexican jail.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Gee this has been an issue for oh about 9 years now. Why are they all of a sudden soooooooooo worried about it? Pffffffffft.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Does anyone else find it odd that terrorists and spies have a major resurgence in the MSM these days?

I remember when Clinton had his affair with Lewinski we were at war in less than 3 days.

Seems that everyone is trying hard to take eyes off the gulf situation and the gulf situation is to take eyes off the final nails in the coffins of America.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This shameful article disregards the readers intellect to such an extent, that it is almost painful to read.

It is the same kind of story, like the story about nurse Nayirah, Saddam Hussein's mobile biochemical weapons labs and Osamas futuristic mountain fortress.

One word, this story is:

P R O P A G A N D A

What kind of Kindergarten argument for proof is this:

Myrick cited the warming relationship between Iran and Venezuela as proof that Hezbollah members may be collaborating with Latin American drug cartels, who may be utilizing Hezbollah's ability to dig underground tunnels for drug smuggling and in turn, providing funding, document forging, and false identities.

But who needs sound proof, if the war is already planned. Repetition and more and more outrageous claims may be sufficient to convince the public, that the next war will be fought for “noble reasons”.

The Jerusalem Post is the original source for this story. This paper has a history of spreading falsehoods and is often attempting to poison the relations between the muslim and the western world. Although I am not surprised, that Jerusalem Post readers believe this kind of nonsense, I had expected more from ATS.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Ohh NO!

More fear mongering!

Come on folks, have you all not been dupped enough with this whole "terrorism" thing?

Hezbollah? Operating in the US with Mexican Drug Cartels? How more ridiculous can that get?

I mean honestly.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
If Hezbollah is operating alongside mexican drug cartels, and they are dumb enough to wear badges indicating they are Hezbollah, I'm going to put them on my list of organziations to fear, right above the illuminati (they of the 5000 year plan for world domination), two notches above stray asteroids and one notch below KAOS.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Yeah there isn't much to be feared from people who give themselves away when conducting "secret" operations to infiltrate another country.

And the source is from a Jewish Propaganda newspaper...I certainly did not see that coming..

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
.......................Shhhh!.................

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The mere timing of the re-release of this drivel should be a first clue. Boo...we need to get Iran.

The utter hypocrisy of those re-releasing it your second. We usually don't care about such trivial things as border, port, and airport security but now we're concerned.

Applying logic to isn't really all that difficult.

Oh and
@KAOS

[edit on 6-7-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

The Mexicans are flush with narcotics dollars and the bulk of their weaponry comes from the United States Black Market.

Further the Mexicans can easily afford to hire former Special Forces, Navy Seals and S.A.S. and MOSSAD Commandos. There are probably more Israelis involved with the narcotics trafficking than Hezbollah or other Muslim Extremist Groups.

While Hezbollah have proven to be rugged and determined fighters they aren’t ‘the best of the best’ caliber, and the Mexicans can easily afford the best of the best.

So no, I don’t see a marriage of convenience between ideological opposed forces when they both don’t have something important to offer the other.

Further it makes poor business sense, the Mexicans are developing and maintaining a highly profitable cash market here in the U.S., not trying to overthrow the U.S. or turn it into a religious theocracy that would not favor drug use.

So all in all, it doesn’t add up, doesn’t make sense, and is likely just a crock of propaganda to soften attitudes in regards to a broad Middle East War the media and the Governments seem desperate to get us all to fight and pay and die for.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Ahhh, the neocons wet dream. Fighting the drug war and terrorists at the same time. God's work I tell ya!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Now this article is more like a scare tactic. The next boogey man to be scared of. Pretty soon the nannies at the park watching the kids are suspect.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This is my favorite part:

Myrick cited the warming relationship between Iran and Venzuela as proof that Hizbullah members may be collaborating with Latin American drug cartels

Proof that something MAY be happening??

It's actually quite clever how the wording makes pure speculation seem like a likely scenario.

It reminds me of Fox News using phrases like "According to sources, reports indicate that bla, bla, bla"

It seems legit enough if you don't pay attention but as soon as you do, it immediately falls apart.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Ya true, but most likely they are just using the drug money to fund mid east stuff. I doubt they would ever launch a border attack from Mexico, Mexico already lost one war to us. ha

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I don't doubt they are operating at the border. I do doubt that it's a new thing. Mexico is too corrupt to enforce law across huge swaths of it's territory and our (US) corporate owned politicians are determined to allow cheap, poorly educated labor to keep pouring in so companies can bypass workers rights and unions as a means to show continuing profit growth and keep investors happy.

If you want to get in, as they say, follow the money!

top topics

join