It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of Alien in Aviation Week magazine!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
This is supposedly a photo of an alien that was published in the Aviation Week magazine on November 21, 1988. The first video is an explanation of the analysis that was done on the photo and an actual print from the nagative. The documentary I took this clip from was called "Behold A Pale Horse" by William Cooper. An excellent video in itself that covers a wide range of conspiracy's. Below the video you will find the original photo that was sent to Will Cooper which they conducted the analysis on. Is this a real alien that the TPTB want to shove in our faces....? Who knows. But like Will Cooper said... "Hair don't grow on the necks of statues, folks!"

Say cheese, Mr. Alien!

[edit on 6-7-2010 by ReeVeeR]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
interesting. i'd heard of this ages ago. this photo was never debunked and they never found the original artwork for it. this is truely a mystery. to me this is the real deal.

thx for posting. s&f!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I had the Amoco Alien pic as my avatar before the site was updated.
In my opinion this is the real deal,it`s the moisture in the eyes, and
the skin texture that get me everytime,there have been other threads
on ATS concerning the picture before.
here is a better quality pic
forgetomori.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ReeVeeR

You have to wonder, if this image is of a real alien, why are there so many different versions of it's origins?

William Cooper, Jaime Maussan and Bob Dean, plus many more I'm sure.

Anyway, here's some more sources of information:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.flightglobal.com...

www.flightglobal.com...

And finally, the source of your image, forgetomori:

forgetomori.com...

Where it even cites the above ATS thread that I linked to.

[edit on 6/7/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Chadwickus.....

Speed debunk!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Don't want to be the downer, but if it was 'real' then why would it have such poor lighting, bland background, and only one view? It is clearly staged and posed, so if someone went to the trouble to stage it and the alien was aware of the photo and waving, why wouldn't they have sat it up better to get details.

IMHO, any alien photo that is intentionally vague and shadowed and eerie is a fake. If it were real, it would look like a regular photo, except with an alien where your sister should be.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Elmer_Dinkley

Thank you for that link very informative especially when you read this part

It’s an impressive image. With an unimpressive source: even hardcore believers will tell you this came from an ad published in the late 1980s:

“In November of 1989 AMOCO placed a full-page advertisement in Aviation Week and Space Technology magazine headlined "Technology so advanced it will help you answer some big questions." On the back was a full-page color photo of an alien head and shoulders with his four-fingered hand raised in a gesture of friendship.” [Donald M. Ware]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

No idea why the lighting is the way it is,maybe the photographer
was going for a classic posed look to the picture I don`t know!
I have however read other reports in the past on the photo,one
being that the picture was taken in a closed low lit environment,
as the being was very sensitive to light and that is perhaps why
we have such a dark image?
And another saying the photo was originally taken much earlier
in the early 70`s,and used as part of a disclosure,to examine
peoples reaction to something from another world?
It is an interesting image none the less!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
[edit on 6-7-2010 by gortex]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Human body and an abnormal head = alien!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I have looked through the links you have posted and failed to find the proof that this is indeed a 10" model and therefore a [HOAX] do you have any pictures of said model? Any proof that this is a "photoshopped" picture a decade before Photoshop existed? What type of fake model skin has realistic hair and wrinkles and creases in all the correct places?
You have a long way to go to debunk this one.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Not far to go at all. Ask yourself WHY would anybody take that photo of an alien? If you were documenting an alien life form, would you put a bland grey background for a bland gray creature and then aim 1 light source from a back low corner of the room?

Ok, so the light hurts its eyes, how about several light sources from many directions. How about multiple photos? How about bringing the light source in closer and avoiding the eyes? How about some type of reference material in the shot? Ruler? Human Hand? Something to make the picture verifiable. How about a Newspaper to give a date?

This is clearly an artistic expression for whatever reason, and I don't think that a captured alien would be used for artistic expression.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
OMG!! That's my avatar! LOL. I don't think its a model. I mean didn't they examine the picture and discovered small hairs?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Very nice. Never hear of that one before, but I'm just a rookie in ufology.

The details is thruly convinsing !

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomadatigger
OMG!! That's my avatar! LOL. I don't think its a model. I mean didn't they examine the picture and discovered small hairs?

Why couldn't small hairs be on a model? Hollywood makes very, very good stuff. Just imagine if an ATSer were to create an alien hoax? It would certainly be proofed agains all known hoaxes, and it would certainly pass all the detailed tests that we are all familiar with. We only have 1 photo to go by. Hairs? Moisture in the nostrils and eyes? From that photo? I don't see it, and if I did see it, I could easily say that it was staged for the photo.

I bet an ATSer could make an alien hoax that could withstand the harshest of scrutinies, because we are used to seeing the harshest of scrutinies day in and day out, and we would know exactly how to fool-proof our hoax.

I believe in aliens in space. I believe they may have visited Earth at some point over the past few billion years. I believe they could drop in again. I don't believe there are any photos of one, and I certainly don't believe they are posing for an artistic rendition under low light and just the right setting like some kind of Miley Cyrus photo shoot.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Awesome video! Why can't I flag this thread?!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

It was proven as a hoax. So the mods moved it to the hoaxed folder. you can't flag hoax threads.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I bet you anything that it is a concept puppet for Lucas Arts (TM) possibly being created for Star Wars, and the publisher or photographer for the magazine was able to get behind the scenes and took a photo of it because it was soo lifelike.

That's Temp's view.

P.S. cant give the source because he wasn't allowed on the set or whatever, but had his negative to give over.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I was confused by this thread.

I thought from the title that it was a random picture, that upon some analysis was shown to have a UFO or alien in it.

Nope.

This is an ad for a oil company. With that kind of budget I'm sure you could create something quite "real".

But, disclosure made through an oil ad? I don't buy it.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Why is this in the hoax category already? Where is it proven to be a hoax? I don't care what Chad says about different versions, that doesn't refute the detail in this image. I find this site extremely frustrating at times because it is full of pseudo debunkers and myopic mods.

Show me where it has been debunked!!!

I'm not saying it is real but I am not convinced it isn't, so how can you (mods) put this in the hoax category? This site is clearly bias and is not forthcoming. I'm pissed. For shame

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join