It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

A couple questions about reporting an assault...

page: 2
1
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster
 



The more you explain, the fishier this whole situation sounds.


I have an acquaintance who operates like you. So don't take it personally when I read ur posts and about a half dozen red flags drop. She does it to draw more information out of people.




posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster
 



If there were "unknown" variables that makes you think they are in danger, why bother even posting?


And so what would you suggest???



posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hedera Helix
 



People have a right to privacy, respect it and people in general. I didn't call you a nosy old lady who deserves to be punched in her nosy nose. Don't call me an idiot because I don't agree with your opinion.


I didn't call you an idiot. So drop that BS right here and now. And may I remind you... that my neighbor chose to approach me with this information. All I was trying to do was VERIFY the information with LE... and make sure that it had been reported... and if it hadn't WTF not???

So FOAD if you think that I'm gonna allow you to make me into a nosy schmuck for doing something relevant to other people's personal security.

BTW... you aren't an idiot... ur a flippin' a$$.

[edit on 5/7/2010 by Hedera Helix]



posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
# off and die?

Flippen ass?

I guess the T&C around here isn't what it used to be.

Way to be an adult, and respect people that have different opinions.

You should be a teacher, kids could learn so much from you.



posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
# off and die?

Flippen ass?

I guess the T&C around here isn't what it used to be.

Way to be an adult, and respect people that have different opinions.

You should be a teacher, kids could learn so much from you.



No... flippin' a$$. As in someone whose life mission is to oppose anything logical or sane.



posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I would want to know about the crime in my neighborhood.

Just to be aware, to know whats going on around me.



posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by amicae
I would want to know about the crime in my neighborhood.

Just to be aware, to know whats going on around me.


Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hedera Helix
reply to post by Hedera Helix
 



All I was trying to do was VERIFY the information with LE... and make sure that it had been reported... and if it hadn't WTF not???



[edit on 5/7/2010 by Hedera Helix]


It has nothing to do with you if the assault (which you don't even know definitely happened) has been reported or not. It is up to the victim to make a complaint of assault and if they choose not to then that is for them to decide.



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by onetruesaxon

Originally posted by Hedera Helix
reply to post by Hedera Helix
 



All I was trying to do was VERIFY the information with LE... and make sure that it had been reported... and if it hadn't WTF not???



[edit on 5/7/2010 by Hedera Helix]


It has nothing to do with you if the assault (which you don't even know definitely happened) has been reported or not. It is up to the victim to make a complaint of assault and if they choose not to then that is for them to decide.


I'm betting they didn't report the assault... and I know why. So it sure as hell DOES have something to do with EVERYONE who lives in close proximity of this individual... which is why it needed to be verified.

What if the next time they come down here they're packing guns and bullets start flying in all directions? We have children living down here. Think. Use your head.



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hedera Helix
 


Don't really see what your getting at. Hypothetical 'what if's?' doesn't give you the right to report crimes your not the victim of. I wonder if you'd be so concerned about finding out if it was reported if it was something less glamorous like theft of a bicycle.



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
And in that vein...

If you see someone go by on a bicycle, TACKLE THAT FOOL.

They just "might" have stolen it. You'd be being a good citizen to tackle, subdue and restrain that potentially violent criminal until the police arrived, and arrested you.



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
And in that vein...

If you see someone go by on a bicycle, TACKLE THAT FOOL.

They just "might" have stolen it. You'd be being a good citizen to tackle, subdue and restrain that potentially violent criminal until the police arrived, and arrested you.


Whatever.



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by onetruesaxon
reply to post by Hedera Helix
 


Don't really see what your getting at. Hypothetical 'what if's?' doesn't give you the right to report crimes your not the victim of. I wonder if you'd be so concerned about finding out if it was reported if it was something less glamorous like theft of a bicycle.


But my knowledge of this person's history does give me the right.

And based on your logic... if I see someone laying unconscious in the street... I should just leave them lay there because... according to you, only the victim has the right to report the crime. Lemme me guess... someone is paying you to be an ignorant SPOS... right???

[edit on 6/7/2010 by Hedera Helix]



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
No you can call the police if you witness an incident or believe there's one in progress asking them to attend to check it out but you can't call up 24 hours after telling them you want to report it. Only a victim can be a complainant in the case you have mentioned. You clearly lack an understanding of the law and are making up for that by being overly abusive in this thread. Anyone that has disagreed with you, you have resorted to using your shorthand swearing at.



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by onetruesaxon
No you can call the police if you witness an incident or believe there's one in progress asking them to attend to check it out but you can't call up 24 hours after telling them you want to report it. Only a victim can be a complainant in the case you have mentioned. You clearly lack an understanding of the law and are making up for that by being overly abusive in this thread. Anyone that has disagreed with you, you have resorted to using your shorthand swearing at.


Different states have different laws. And you are a member of what profession... in which state... if I may ask???

If you want to talk ABUSE... then acting the part of a professional dimwit who spews BS in order to provoke a negative response is about as low-life as they come. Take it from someone who has seen them all.

I have no problem with people who have honest opinions. What I do have a problem with, though, is stalkers and A$$HOLES who get in my face and f*** with me for sh*ts and giggles.

I came here for some honest feedback from professionals... and if you are the best and the brightest that ATS can cough up... Lord help us all.

[edit on 6/7/2010 by Hedera Helix]



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hedera Helix
 


Wow I clearly struck a nerve or are you always so confrontational?

Whilst different states have different laws I think you'll find an assault is an assault in any state. That's not the issue. The issue is that you cannot make a complaint of assault on behalf of someone else.

Can you not see why this is? Say you could report an assault for this person and the police went and arrested those responsible...how far do you think that would go in court?

The prosecution's case being 'I HEARD FROM A NEIGHBOUR WHO HEARD FROM A NEIGHBOUR THAT OUR OTHER NEIGHBOUR GOT ASSAULTED.
Defence: AND WHERE IS THE VICTIM?
Prosecution: OH THEY DENIED IT HAPPENED.
Judge: GET OUT OF MY COURT

Its that simple. I'm not here to argue with you, I'm just trying to show you how the law works and give you an understanding of why you can't report this incident yourself.



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by onetruesaxon
 



Whilst different states have different laws I think you'll find an assault is an assault in any state. That's not the issue. The issue is that you cannot make a complaint of assault on behalf of someone else.


I had no intention of filing a complaint in behalf of the victim. Under different circumstances I may have.

I called LE to ask if an assault had been reported down in my general area. They refused to confirm or deny any reports. I didn't ask for any names or details. Nada. All I wanted was just a simple yes or no... and they claimed they couldn't even do that because of the Privacy Act. Simply unexceptable as far as I'm concerned... for a long list of reasons.

BTW... they instructed me to call 'records' the next day being nobody was available when I called because of the holiday. I haven't done that yet. Something to think about, I guess.

[edit on 6/7/2010 by Hedera Helix]



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hedera Helix
Only two people responded properly in this thread... and the rest of you people apparently had another agenda.


Hmmm... that would seem a rather close-minded, and, shall I say, agenda-laden mindset on one's own behalf.

Why ask for opinions, concerns and/or other's considerations when you're merely going to pick and choose those which seem akin to or "acceptable" by your own. (?)

? only reply if you agree with me - like ?

What's up with that? ?
?



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Originally posted by Hedera Helix
Only two people responded properly in this thread... and the rest of you people apparently had another agenda.


Hmmm... that would seem a rather close-minded, and, shall I say, agenda-laden mindset on one's own behalf.

Why ask for opinions, concerns and/or other's considerations when you're merely going to pick and choose those which seem akin to or "acceptable" by your own. (?)

? only reply if you agree with me - like ?

What's up with that? ?
?


You know... for being a site administrator... one would think you would recognize when someone is trying to derail a thread.

[edit on 6/7/2010 by Hedera Helix]



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hedera Helix
I guess you have no clue as to what derailing a thread entails... which is what was being attempted.


How so?

A couple questions about reporting an assault... » Post Reply



Only to cherry pick those responses which, apparently, "fit" one's "expectations"?

ATS and Open Debate have two things in common.

Differing opinions & Civil interaction.

In this particular instance the former would seem to have been absconded from and the latter far short of adhered to.




top topics



 
1
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join