It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Sign Of NIBIRU

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

Do you know who made the discovery? All the info I have found on Planet X from the 80s is that there was a belief of a possible Planet X due to discrepancies in the movement of Pluto. However, this was found to not be the case since Neptune is actually smaller than originally believed. I have seen nothing about an actual Planet X that was found and that was hurtling towards Earth. So, unless you can provide something more then an article from the 80s that mysteriously disappeared, this remains just another anecdotal story that proves nothing and never amounts to anything.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I am sorry phage but you are dead wrong tell me how Uranus is the only planet spinning on its side? Tell me that scientists have even stated that it is possible that Uranus collided with a planet.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I truly am sorry that I cant # the papers from my conscious memories. It was a big deal back then. Nobody cared about space. We already hit the moon and nothing else outside of earth was important. Then this. Yes I remember the news..It was all over.
Bear in mind that the media,,TV or Print was independent and not owned by conglomerations like now.

I honestly didn't look into "planet x" untill recently. I had no idea that it had been made to disappear.. I heard of Niburu but didn't connect the dots.

Planet x is there where ever. It's presence is being compartmentalized I have no doubt.

For those of you that still belive that you have power in this US democracy ...research these numbers.. 10% of world population own 46% of the worlds wealth. 15% of the worlds population own 85% of the worlds wealth. Over 2 billion people are living on less than 3$ a day!

And you may think that information of such magnitude is due to be reported to you? How much wealth do yo have?

A million in the bank...lol you are poor and don't know it. You still work everyday and hope to get laid at night.

Sorry I transgressed.
There are very few things in life that we can believe. However, we can believe in ourselves. March to your Own drum. If your drum beat matches another then join forces.

Peace

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Yes. And Venus is tilted so far it's almost upside down.
It is possible that both were struck by planet sized objects, just as the Earth was when the Moon was formed. More than 4 billion years ago. The Solar System was a much nastier place back then.

[edit on 7/7/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

Are you talking about this?
planet-x.150m.com...

Why is it that when the "MSM" reports something people want to believe, they believe it and when it reports something they don't want to believe, they don't? Why is it that the second paragraph of the article is ignored?

So mysterious is the object that astronomers do not know if it is a planet, a giant comet, a nearby "protostar" that never got hot enough to become a star, a distant galaxy so young that it is still in the process of forming its first stars or a galaxy so shrouded in dust that none of the light cast by its stars ever gets through.

It is true that at first the astronomers did not know what they were seeing. But it did not take more than a closer look for them to figure it out.

From an article titled:

Unidentified IRAS sources - Ultrahigh-luminosity galaxies

Optical imaging and spectroscopy measurements were obtained for six of the high galactic latitude infrared sources reported by Houck, et al. (1984) from the IRAS survey to have no obvious optical counterparts on the POSS prints. All are identified with visually faint galaxies that have total luminosities in the range 5 x 10 to the 11th power stellar luminosity to 5 x 10 to the 12th power stellar luminosity. This luminosity emerges virtually entirely in the infrared.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

Yes, IRAS had found something that had never been seen before. Because it was an instrument which had never been used before. It found a galaxy which radiated very brightly in the infrared. It did not find "Planet X" and the astronomers never said it had.

[edit on 7/7/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Isn't that what they said about evolution of man and that it took millions of years?

and now it they have been proven wrong.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
In the sky would it appear to be near orions belt?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by benedict9

Really?
And perhaps you could further enlighten us.....?
Did the astrophysicist have the visions or you?
im not quite clear there...
have you a direction in which we can look (if not co-ordinates ....)
say even a constellation or astro sign or whatevers closest....
I have heard rumours it can be seen from antarctica....
though perhaps that must mean soon to be seen in argentina or new zealand?etc....
Any prediction on when itll be visible to most of uss?
also what are the effects that you envision?
total wipe out or do we go onward from afterwards?
Could it be possible that the "boys top side" have been warning of a huge catastrophe in which we"ll be powerless to alter happening to earth and now this whole nibiru thing....hmmmm

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage; I always enjoy it when you show up...

Whatever the ancient cultures (Sumerian) saw in the sky and possibly flying past the Earth we can't be truly certain of. Something happened, but what was it? Nibiru? Wormwood? I don't know, because I wasn't there to see it.

I suspect that if there was another 'rogue' planet out there in an opposing elliptical orbit to the nine? planets of our solar system, we'd have found it by now. Some say there are perturbations happening now within the system, and the effects are slowly showing themselves. However, that information seems to be as enigmatic as Planet X itself. The only thing I have read about that is going to happen soon, is massive solar corona mass ejections headed our way. The severity of which is to be determined. ( read that to mean; when it fry's our ass toasty brown, it means it was bad!) Other wise stay inside, wearing your tinfoil hats.

Whatever the alignment with the Milky Way dark rift means to us, we'll find out at the apex of the alignment. Will we be sucked into another dimension of time and space? I doubt it very much...in fact I'd lay odds that nothing is going to happen...just some spectacular photo op's for the observatories and Hubble. The Mayans will be left with a defunct long count calender of antiquity.

In a sort of sadistic way, I wish something like Planet X would come blasting through our inner solar system. What a show it would be! I would love to see the human collective soil themselves at the sight of it. Supposedly that's what happened when it came by the last time. Humanity freaked right out
and ran for the caves...

The universe is an amazing place. I think there are many very close by secrets it still clings to. Some may be factual stuff of stories from long long ago...and some of it is probably just bull crap.

Until then we're all together on this rock being taken for one hell of a ride.
I am not going to worry about it!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I will share a 'dream' experience on the morning prior to encountering this thread.

I was shown a news broadcast appearing on television. The newslady was reporting that scientists had discovered a new body in our solar system. She further stated that the Earth would be "safe" from this new discovery. A picture of the celestial object flashed on the screen--one that looked very very similar to the photo the OP provided on page 1. End.

Take note, you will not get the 'full' story via our corporate elite controlled media outlets. However when the day actually does come when you will witness such reports, hopefully you will take note of some of the messenger's and insider warnings to be aware that there WILL be effects to prepare for. Regardless of the magnitude of effects, we will all be where we need to be and those who are meant to take heed of warnings will. There IS a divine plan and there are no accidents.

I will not be posting any further replies within this thread. Thank you to the tolerant, patient and peace loving among you here.

To the hostile and intolerant, I can only advise you to keep working on yourselves towards unconditional love for All-- for it's the true meaning of this infinite journey.

I will aim to do the same. Peace.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by benedict9]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
is this a joke? this picture is so old...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
This topic always interests me, and I often feel people left clear clues behind after the Sumerians.....ancient knowledge passed down to certain people to act at certain times.

Consider the image below, I felt that since Wormwood was in the bible it had meaning to us and Father. Wormwood is a more "historic" name than Planet X 80's (NASA.) Niburu or Destroyer were also old names but reliability is hard since not all language gaps have been deciphered.

This image for most has artistic value only, I believe otherwise. Ever since the counsel of Nicea it is hard to determine what has been altered, destroyed, or invented. To many on this site the history is known but complete view is impossible to determine what existed prior to Constantine.

Feel free to consider what I am proposing below image after viewing the picture.

"http://www.uoregon.edu/~dfalk/courses/genesis/michelangelo%20Adam%20color.jpg">

or access here: www.uoregon.edu...

Father, Jesus Christ, and The Holy Spirit are not all the same people or rolled into one neatly tucked into ones breast pocket or cavities of the heart. This is really for another topic so allow me to continue. Laws exist in regards to elements and physics these obey Father since logic and reason are why the elements obey. (philosophy of scientific creation or something more technical)

Would it be possible that asteroids, comets, or planets could reasonably provide a means of intergalactic travel? Consider the theory of relativity and how time matters to age, speed of travel, length of travel, and comparable time to what we know it to be. A superfast moving or super slow moving object for that matter could prove useful for different things.

To tie this mostly up, I could go on all night really, the back drop where Father is "carried, traversed or sustained on" is red in color and provides a much different backdrop then Adams "sphere." Notice the sides as wisped scrolls or winged edges in appearance.

Study the picture again and allow yourself to sink into a time where technology and witchcraft where often viewed one in the same depending on who you impressed. Do you think it possible that many of history's selections such as Michelangelo may have been selected for a reason plausibly for works more of a discrete constrained nature. Maybe a timeless motivation, FEAR. Fear with a real respect and awe of divine inspiration.

ConsciousTruth-

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I really wish ATS could develop a tool that would recognize off topic posts and you could have the ability to filter them out. Would save me a lot of time reading through the pages of people acting out their needs for recognition.

Why this was linked to Nibiru I have no Idea. I'm not ruling out the possibility that Nibiru/Planet X is possible. And to the people that say we would see by now is not necessarily true. I was always under the impression that it was about 4 times the size of Jupiter and was a Brown Dwarf. Space is a big ass place and although Jupiter is big it's not that big in the grand scheme of things.

Alpha Centauri and it's twin are the two closest stars to our own at roughly 4.35 light years away. They are both roughly the same size as our sun according to Wiki. Now this picture shows the size of our planets relative to our star and others. Even 8 x the size of Jupiter puts the object about a 1/4 the size of the sun.

Now assuming that the reports in the early 80's was the first time we picked it up. The Washington Post article of New Years Eve 1983 said that they estimate its 50 000 000 000 miles away.

1 light year=5 878 499 814 206.85 miles/year
1 light year=669 600 000 miles per hour

So again assuming the Washington Post Article is true and that was the first observation then it doesn't have to be travelling near the speed of light or anywhere close to it. And Brown Dwarfs don't emit very much visible light of their own so would be difficult to spot a relatively small object that emits virtually no light in the visible spectrum. Now our current knowledge suggests that something this massive would emit radiation or some other form of detectable signature. That doesn't necessarily mean they are right.

For humans to claim that we know everything about space and this or that is not possible due to physics or math or whatever is arrogant. We know probably less than 1% of what's going on out there.

Anyways, to conclude its a possible theory that something does exist out there and the Earth has been acting funny lately as well as the other planets so yes maybe we are experiencing the effects.

And to all the others that think the government should disclose something like this, you're wrong.

Imagine this:

Obama "My fellow Americans, our top scientists and those from around the world have confirmed that there is a Planet X and it is going to cross the outer reaches of our solar system. Although there will be no direct collision between the Earth and this body. It's influences to our Sun and Planet will be devastating. This is due to occur near the Winter Solstice of 2012"

It would be hell on Earth for the next few years. Anarchy and wars would break out all over the place. We'd probably kill ourselves off before Planet X did it for us.

Peace

Deez

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
Why this was linked to Nibiru I have no Idea. I'm not ruling out the possibility that Nibiru/Planet X is possible. And to the people that say we would see by now is not necessarily true. I was always under the impression that it was about 4 times the size of Jupiter and was a Brown Dwarf.

That's a mutually exclusive statement. Brown dwarfs are much larger than 4 MJ.

Space is a big ass place and although Jupiter is big it's not that big in the grand scheme of things.

Even an object that "small" would have pulled Pluto completely out of position before it even reached 10 AUs distance, which is where it should be right now if the object known as Nibiru existed given the characteristics of its orbit (3600 year highly elliptical orbit, perihelion in 2012).

Now assuming that the reports in the early 80's was the first time we picked it up. The Washington Post article of New Years Eve 1983 said that they estimate its 50 000 000 000 miles away.

None of the IRAS mystery objects found in 1983 turned out to be within the solar system at all. 50,000,000,000 miles is about 537 AUs though, and even a highly elliptical orbit would take thousands of years to reach us from that distance.

So again assuming the Washington Post Article is true and that was the first observation then it doesn't have to be travelling near the speed of light or anywhere close to it.

It would have to be traveling far, far above escape velocity (which itself is a little less than 9 AUs per year at inner solar system distances), in fact well above the velocities you encounter in nearby astronomical objects in general, meaning it is not Nibiru.

And Brown Dwarfs don't emit very much visible light of their own so would be difficult to spot a relatively small object that emits virtually no light in the visible spectrum.

By now it should be within 10 AUs, making it easy to spot. Even if it had a low albedo the reflected light alone would still make it incredibly bright

For humans to claim that we know everything about space and this or that is not possible due to physics or math or whatever is arrogant.

You don't need to know everything to know some things and make firm conclusions against outlandish claims such as this. That's not arrogant, it's simply observable fact. If it existed we should be seeing effects on the positions of the outer planets that we just are not seeing.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by ngchunter]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I used the 50 000 000 000 miles number from the '83 article to illustrate that it doesn't have to be travelling at the speed of light or anywhere near it.

What are your qualifications in terms of degrees? You seem quite confident that you're right and everyone else is a moron by the tone of your comments. You know everything about space and astrophyscis, etc.?

I'm not saying that it's true, I'm just saying that an object doesn't have to be travelling super fast to cover a large distance in a relative short peried of time.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
I used the 50 000 000 000 miles number from the '83 article to illustrate that it doesn't have to be travelling at the speed of light or anywhere near it.

It would, however, have to be traveling far above escape velocity and would therefore not fit the description of Nibiru or any other object that one could claim had been by here before.

What are your qualifications in terms of degrees?

I don't see what bearing that has on the subject. My degree is in molecular biology but I studied astronomy in college for fun and worked at an observatory for a number of years.

You seem quite confident that you're right and everyone else is a moron by the tone of your comments.

I am very confident that I'm right, but I never once insulted anyone else.

You know everything about space and astrophyscis, etc.?

Where did I say that at all? In fact, I specifically remember saying that you don't need to know everything to know some things. I don't need to know everything about space to know that the planets are right where they should be and that an intruding massive object would be perturbing the orbits of the other planets if it were entering the inner solar system, particularly if it's on a 3600 year orbit and about to hit perihelion in 2012. Claims like this can be tested simply by seeing if the planets are where they should be.

I'm not saying that it's true, I'm just saying that an object doesn't have to be travelling super fast to cover a large distance in a relative short peried of time.

20 AUs per year IS super fast. You're talking about Barnard's star type velocities. I cannot over-stress how exceedingly rare that is, it's an incredible claim to say that a massive object is traveling at that speed within our solar system based on an article which has since been explained.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

But wait you are saying you are in expert in Astronomy saying it is impossible for something like Planet X to happen. Yet, We keep on see NASA build new telescopes to to try and find it.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Do we really, I dont think so, maybe you Nibiru believers think that no one else does ,cant wait for 2013 there are going to be some fun threads created about you guys

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Nibiru is impossible, but there are plenty of real threats out there that warrant building more telescopes, not to mention good ole exploration to do. And yes, exploration for exploration's sake warrants new telescopes.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by ngchunter]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Your Nibiru should be well inside the orbit of Neptune by now, if it is to turn up on december 2012 on time, yet no one (besides people pointing cameras at the sun) can see it.

There would be profound gravitational effects if such a body was inside our solar system.

[edit on 11/7/10 by Chadwickus]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join