It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you going to miss Jesus return?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

So if I beleive in UFO's and Aliens does that mean I beleive in Jesus but just by a different name? I have a feeling all the beleivers are being set up for something.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

makes these a little more interesting-

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses-Heb12.1

His way is in the whirlwind and the storm, and clouds are the dust of his feet.-Nah1.3

"Let us break their chains," they say, "and throw off their fetters."-Ps2.3

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

This is encouraging, nice to make your acquaintance and thank you for your efforts. Many blessings

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I often wonder what would happen if he came back a a begger or the average Joe?
Would anyone listen to him? Or Her?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Most of the world missed the arrival of Jesus.

I don't think we will miss His return - with a fanfare of angels, and the smiting of satan.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
reply to post by semperfortis

Ive always been puzzled by that expression 'like a thief in the night' surely the way things are and the times that we live in, people like us know that something is coming, things are going to get worse surely joe public is going to expect something, so how can the coming be unexpected, ( by the way i do believe that it will happen i just cant figure out how the phrase can be relevant)

unless he's already here?

and just not come out, so to speak.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
My sympathies for all those who have tried and still are trying their best with human words to describe the indescribable. A bit like trying to play intricate, beautiful melodies with a foghorn (the human mind). Please don't lose heart though, the heart is the key after all, it links us with all there is. This is why ancient wisdom was presented in metaphor, so that mankind would search and find the truth "between the lines". Many blessings

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titan Uranus
reply to post by Trueman

So if I beleive in UFO's and Aliens does that mean I beleive in Jesus but just by a different name? I have a feeling all the beleivers are being set up for something.

Exactly, E.T. and Jesus Christ have a very strong connection. Remember Jesus and The Bible put God as The Creator of all in the universe, I mean everything....not only our planet. We also know Jesus came from "other place".

So, starting from there, we can say that everybody in the Universe must recognize Jesus for His unique relation with God. Jesus came here the first time to complete a very complicated mission, and as far as we know, "others" were with Him before He came here.

By other hand, we need to understand that Jesus is a Christ, but Christ is a definition that could be applied to another person.

According to wikipedia : "Christ is the English term for the Greek Χριστός (Khristós) meaning "the anointed one". It is a translation of the Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ (Māšîaḥ)".

That could bring to our mind the idea that another "Christ", will be the one that we are waiting now. I personally believe Jesus is the one to come once again, since that is what He said.

Finally, talking again about E.T. / UFO and the connection with Christianity, The Bible tell us about "The Great Tribulation" yet to come, and "The Rapture". Translated in modern terms, this will be a huge evacuation plan previously to the worst moment of our history.

Of course is hard to believe that angels with wings will lift people to a safe place. You will find easier to believe that big motherships will do the job.

Who is making the list? I don't know, but I feel that have nothing to do with the religion you have, It has more to do with your pre-defined destiny and your consciense.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Trueman]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Could he? If we're dealing with the hypothetical than Christ could come back as anything or anyone he wanted, after all if he exists he's a supreme being right?

I really don't think Christ was God, the trinity doctrine makes no sense and the Bible makes it fairly clear that Paul and the others thought Christ was returning in their life time. He didn't. It's been 2000 years, two millenia of suffering and bloodshed in the name of various deities and the Prince of Peace still hasn't shown.

I don't know how much stronger a message could be sent, either he doesn't exist or he's as negligent a Father as they come.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
What makes people think He ever left?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

probably because they don't see him or hear him or feel him.

but that doesn't mean that no one else, does either!
i know he was here in 1968, when i was born, and i know he is here now.

i've not ever not known him
but it sure would be nice to have some flesh to hug!!!
eyes to look into while talking.
a familiar form to look for in a crowd...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join