It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you going to miss Jesus return?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
A thought came to me today. God made a covenant with Abraham. The thing is that his offspring has lead to more than one faith. Judaism, Islam and Christianity:

The Abrahamic religions are historically and almost universally considered by the most reputable sources to be the world's three primary monotheistic faiths of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

en.wikipedia.org...

Christ was a Jew that spawned Christianity. He said he was coming back. There's the Abrahamic promise from god. Could Christ come back as a Muslim?

Think about it.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Personally I think that is wholly and completely possible. The ramifications of such socially, politically, and religiously would probably be catastrophic, however if Jesus came back it would mean the end times are upon us anyhow, so I suppose it wouldn't really matter.

BTW, I have been told by muslims that they expect Jesus to return, and that he will be missing a bone in his hand, you will be able to identify him by his handshake.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

He already has. You are here, are you not?

Second line.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
If you believe that Christ was even real, then maybe. Personally, I don't believe a bar of it.

A Supreme Being, Creator...yes, but Religions to me are just a scam to both create $$, followers and keep the truth hidden.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

The description given in Matthew's gospel is that the event would be "as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west" (i.e.simultaneously visible to all), and that he would be"coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory".
How likely is it that anyone would "miss" that?

I'm not sure what you mean by coming "as" someone. Are you thinking of some kind of reincarnation? That's not what's being predicted.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Strip away the metaphors, the suppositions, and manipulations over the holy texts over the centuries and use a little logic. If Jesus does return he will probably be born, grow up, etc, just like he did before just under different circumstances and with different purposes.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I fully expect the return of Christ as the Bible foretells it.

I also acknowledge that his coming will be "As a thief in the night" and in a way, I believe, totally unexpected.

I think the main thing to remember here is "The One True God"...

My thoughts are that Jesus would know no religion as to God there is only Him and Us, and that religion is a man made concept...

Along the same lines as all the argument over the time line of the Bible.. It does not really matter as God exists outside of time as he is an immortal entity. Time is a man made concept.

So basically Jesus could never come back as a Muslim or Christian or Jew or anything else in my opinion.. He will come back and show us the way.. At least those that believe..

Semper

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
He will come back as none of those religions. Those religions are largely dead works compared to the original light that established them. He will not come till a people are prepared to receive him. His vibration is much higher and he needs a people with a vibration closer to his to work with and through to spread his message. He will probably just seem like a great or popular philosopher to most and some will gather with him to start a new society and the old societies will see it as a threat and try and co-opt or destroy it but it will have power to stop them and move forward this time.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

I repeat, that is not what is being predicted.
If it is possible for him to come back at all, that would be a miraculous event in itself. So you may as well extend the miracle to comng back in the manner predicted.
It is logical to deny miracle.
It is logical to accept miracle.
It is less logical to pick and choose about which miracles we're going to accept.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Didn't He say He'd come as He left?
I mean most Christians have invented other stuff since Hal Lindsay in the 1970s, that should precede the tribulation. And He will not appear without sufficient tribulation - so we better make some more.
However, when He comes, it's not the Islamic Mahdi or whatever.
He'll come down on a cloud, slowly descending on Benny Hinn's stage.
He'll be thirty, basically naked, totally caucasian, and the first thing the global media will do is compare Him to the image on the Turin Shroud.
Next He'll be crowned at Buckingham Palace, and He'll legalize marijuana in line with Genesis and ban alcohol.
He'll leave us happy and sad - just like God always does!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

manipulations over the holy texts over the centuries and use a little logic

What manipulations? The New Testament manuscripts have between 97-99% agreement. depending on who you talk to, among themselves. The vast majority differences arise from spelling errors or regional spelling differences; both of which are easy to point out.

Thanks to the wealth of manuscripts that are available, we know what portions of text have been added, when they were added, and why they were probably added. These additions aren't very many either and are usually added because a scribe when making a copy of a manuscript wasn't sure if a marginal note was part of the text or not and put it into his copy just to be sure. Hardly malicious.

But please, what manipulations of the texts?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
Didn't He say He'd come as He left?

If you're referring to the comment of the angels in Acts ch1, the wording is "will come in the same way that you saw him go", and it implies the same kind of travel.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
What do you expect to gain out of his return if it were to be? Is something going to change for you? Is your LIFE going to be better?

What changes are you expecting from this event?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
A thought came to me today. God made a covenant with Abraham. The thing is that his offspring has lead to more than one faith. Judaism, Islam and Christianity:

The Abrahamic religions are historically and almost universally considered by the most reputable sources to be the world's three primary monotheistic faiths of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

en.wikipedia.org...

Christ was a Jew that spawned Christianity. He said he was coming back. There's the Abrahamic promise from god. Could Christ come back as a Muslim?

Think about it.

What is a muslim?

A follower of allah?

Would Christ follow a mere man? A sinful one at that.

Christ follows no one! HE IS GOD! HE sets the rules!

Christ is not a Christian ... Christ IS FULLY GOD!

A Christian is a follower of Christ. And most are poor followers at that.

Christ will return just as he said He would nothing less and most likely more.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'm under the impression that Muslim's holy book states those whom cannot be converted to muslims must be destroyed as they are infidels. I'm no doctor, but that doesn't sound very "Christ-like"

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

If you are asking me...

I expect to become a different being...

Same body, only perfect and for lack of a better descriptor, "With Christ"...

Semper

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I dont think there will be any new messiah figure. "Christ" or the "Buddha" lives inside everybody already, you just have to find it within yourself by remembering you are one with god, your a facet of god like a fractal. (edit- for those bible christains, remember god made man in his own image? think really hard about that) If your looking for salvation outside of yourself, your looking in the wrong place.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by CREAM]

[edit on 4-7-2010 by CREAM]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I don't know why we would miss his return if he was an arab.
I think it would make alot more sense anyway, Jesus certainly wasn't white.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I was more or less asking everyone.

I don't see how you could not be perfect. Which is kind of what i meant by,

He already has. You are here, are you not?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I belive when he does come back he would not be bound to a religion. If he is real of course. He would know in advance to to take part in a certain religion, becasue no religion hold the truth. That is just my opinion.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join