It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you going to miss Jesus return?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm not about to get into a religious debate. I expressed my opinion and I am going to leave it at that. I've participated in enough religious debates on this site to know that it rarely ends well. Think of me what you will for bowing out of this one, but that is exactly what I am going to do. I wish all the best in this discussion.

I will leave you with one thing, I responded to this thread because I thought it was interesting thought, however in the end it doesn't really matter how Jesus returns as long as he does. Again just my opinion.

Have a nice evening ladies and gentlemen.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Christ was a Jew that spawned Christianity. He said he was coming back. There's the Abrahamic promise from god. Could Christ come back as a Muslim?

Think about it.

With all respect, I think you misunderstood the return of Jesus. As a christian, I believe He doesn't need to encarnate another body in order to come back.

The Bible talks about His resurrection and how He went back to "Heaven", in the same body He had during his crucifixion. He still has the same body.

I know if you aren't christian, this will be hard to understand...I guess it is a question of faith.

Anyway, going by other kind of knowledge, we can explain this in the same way the ascendent masters "undergone a process of spiritual transformation".

This concept is totally accepted by other cultures and religions and denied by the Catholic Church, wich not necessarly express all christian believes.

Intersting thread,

Be well.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Let me restate my position.

Would life be possible without the return of the "christ"?

or,

Would everything we see be, what?

How could someone who has never really left, return?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Does it matter? ... If he came back he'd be diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia .. He'd be put on a massive dose of drugs and anti-depressants and locked in an asylum until he's released onto the streets to beg on a corner for a dose of heroin.

Hmm..

Maybe I'll pay attention next time a bum tells me he's a prophet, he just might be.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I cannot really change my logic from post to post so I may sound like I am ranting half the time.

Yes, yes that he would represent all that the Muslim faith of Islam requires for he is Christ.

Yes, yes that he would represent all that the Jewish faith of Judaism requires for he is Christ.

Yes, yes that he would represent all that the Christian faith of Christianity requires for he is Christ.

That is how everyone is United before Christ; only then may the beginning of Heaven on Earth Reign.

Maybe an Alien, that is highly advanced. could pull together such a task; even perhaps use each Religion against itself. This would subject the followers into accepting a new truth over the one they have been indoctrinated into throughout their lives.

I highly doubt any man could just walk up and take this role without failing, it would have to be a man that shocks the living soul out of everyone.

Peoples of every faith would look up to the sky and see a craft enter our atmosphere, perhaps it will be holographic, I tend to think it is more physical than that. They may be shocked depending on their paradigms for such craft; some may feel it is just "one of our own, or technology in and of itself". Technology of course to some is still all very mysterious.

Would it be just one Faith? I doubt it. Would it be just a man? Oh God no, there is no way.

So what would it take to bring the World to its knees?

Michael Jackson!

Yuppers, there you go, if Michael returns there is no question he just achieved the ultimate 'State of Man' to be 'Christ on Earth'. It is something we can all achieve, Jesus himself stated this fact.

Michael was not an ordinary man, he was an innocent. His emotional stability may have been compromised as a child, injuring his emotional journey and suspending him in a perpetual state of Childhood. I do not even think that Michael ever had sex, not even with Lisa Marie (no man kisses Lisa like that). Michael was likely a Virgin. It is obvious his children are not biologically his.

Michael was not an ordinary man even in the way he transformed himself before our very eyes; no one could be Michael but Michael himself.

This would even validate Jehovah Witnesses, because in order to enter Heaven as one of the 144,000 one must be a male and must be a virgin. (this could be denied of course, only my opinion on the validating part, but Michael's Mother and himself are Jehovah Witnesses)

Now this would add to all those darn books and then some! I am sure I will be on my knees! I am, after all, one of the souls waiting for His return. If it is anyone else I may just think they are one of our Lords, and is only using our past to obtain our servitude once again (which could be beneficial since the current Lords are intent on our demise)

There would not be a living soul that has not been touched by Michael; and, of those that hated him, well, we know that part of the Story too don't we?

Clearly the Christ would be known by all People and encompass all Cultures and we must openly accept him in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

I cannot think of any better way to regain Christhood than through a good old fashioned resurrection. Michael even said we only have 4 more years in one of his last interviews two years ago (of course he was talking about the environment I believe, which isn't far off base); perhaps he was talking about His Return.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Does it matter? ... If he came back he'd be diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia .. He'd be put on a massive dose of drugs and anti-depressants and locked in an asylum until he's released onto the streets to beg on a corner for a dose of heroin.

Hmm..

Maybe I'll pay attention next time a bum tells me he's a prophet, he just might be.

Absolutly wrong. This time He is coming with all His Army and in a totally different attitude. No more Mr. Nice Guy. You need to read the Bible.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

good!

with GOD, ALL things ARE possible!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I f he comes back, no one will want him back.Not the roman catholic church (hell no, they still want power) certainly not the jews...anyway the powers of this world are ready to fight god with everything they got.
"leave us alone " they will say. Why are you here ?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Ive always been puzzled by that expression 'like a thief in the night' surely the way things are and the times that we live in, people like us know that something is coming, things are going to get worse surely joe public is going to expect something, so how can the coming be unexpected, ( by the way i do believe that it will happen i just cant figure out how the phrase can be relevant)

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Nah, "christians" keep murdering christ like types for centuries. Christians are the ULTIMATE contrdiction BTW.

Don't know much about islam, but to me it just seems like it's a cousin to christianity.

I don't have much respect for either "religion".

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
if somebody named jesus comes like a thief in the night-i'm liable to shoot him

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I believe it to simply be a reference to "No one knows".....

Not really intended to be anything more than that..

In my opinion of course..

Semper

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Well, Jesus did say that "The meek shall inherit the earth".
So He'll make all the rich poor, and all the poor rich.
North America and Europe will be the new Africa, and we'll be the "new US" and "West".
Don't worry, we won't bomb ya straightaway or anything (if you co-operate peacefully), we'll just erect unfair trade barriers for some corn and crabs. Then we'll pay-off war-lords to eternally distabilize your lands, force your kids into mines, while our middlemen transfer the cash.
Your wives can wish away the years as they work as maids for the Mexicans.
We definately won't miss it!

PS. Despite the topsy-turvy world and power shifts promised by Jesus, this is satire.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
Well, Jesus did say that "The meek shall inherit the earth".
So He'll make all the rich poor, and all the poor rich.
North America and Europe will be the new Africa, and we'll be the "new US" and "West".

[edit on 5-7-2010 by halfoldman]

Who are the Meek? What would it take to be Meek? Not many of us have that trait or quality. Perhaps the meek do not ask for anything? I feel meek half the time.

Sorry, don't mean to go off topic, it is just a thought since I have asked myself this question before. I also cannot help but notice that we are all going to have to get meek real quick.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Faith the illogical belief in the irrational sorry I'll go with 2000 years of historical evidence-he aint coming back

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Yes, who are the meek?
Frightening to think they might be the very people who won't actually call themselves "meek".

To paraphrase Monty Python's "The life of Brian":
"The meek shall inherit the earth?"
"Ooh, well I'm glad they're getting something, because they're having a terrible time."

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Considering the text, when the Kingdom of HaShem (G-d) comes to earth, most people are probably going to think we are being invaded by aliens.

Also considering the text, the earth will be so ruined and laid waste before the arrival, that I figure most people won't care about that, they'll just be happy that the nightmare is finally over.

Imagine a world like that of the film the Book of Eli or The Road. (Throw in some Terminator, Mad Max, THX 1138, and 28 Months Later for fun)
They wouldn't care if Klingons or Jedi showed up, they would know the hell they had been living through was finally at an end.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I suppose if that is the case, the meek are welcome to have the earth (or what remains there-of).

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

So he ascended to heaven with his material body in which he will return?

And he's coming with an army?

Yea, well I don't buy it and it seems that tptb can use this to put on some 'light fantastic' type of show to unite all three religions under their chosen anti-christ (so to speak). The 2nd coming of Jesus will be a false flag and all religious zealots brainwashed into beleiving it will be swept away with the trumped up emotion of the spectacle.

that is all I forsee, it'll be a good show but gimme a break.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Titan Uranus]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titan Uranus
reply to post by Trueman

So he ascended to heaven with his material body in which he will return?

And he's coming with an army?

Yea, well I don't buy it and it seems that tptb can use this to put on some 'light fantastic' type of show to unite all three religions under their chosen anti-christ (so to speak). The 2nd coming of Jesus will be a false flag and all religious zealots brainwashed into beleiving it will be swept away with the trumped up emotion of the spectacle.

that is all I forsee, it'll be a good show but gimme a break.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Titan Uranus]

Well, you are free to believe it or not. Like I said, it's a matter of faith.

About "His Army", or Legions of Angels. I have to confess I don't think that means those winged fellows in the old paints, certainly He is not coming back alone, old texts are maybe talking about our old friends called E.T. in this days.

Today we don't see people saying "I saw an angel", instead, everyday we have more cases of E.T. / UFO.

One thing is for sure, we christians know He will come back when everybody picked a side already.

<< 1    3 >>

join