It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Truth: Toxic Rain Reality Check Testing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I'm in Texas. I noticed that the water tasted very . . . unnatural, kind of like having a little bit of soap in it a few days back. Yesterday I literally saw a thin layer of chemicals making swirly patterns in my cup giving off slightly translucent coloration. This is local tap water. It's not possible to be from my dishwasher. I reuse the same cup a dozen times at least before washing it out again. I'm very concerned about this, atm. I may end up purchasing bottled water in bulk soon enough. Does anyone know if the reverse osmosis process would filter out chemicals like correxit9500? My guess is yes, of course, but I'm not 100% on that.

In the huge quantities they have to process: NO... Impossible. If I were you, I would buy mineral water (from France, of course).

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
That system that is spinning on the coast is supposed to move over us starting tomorrow. I think I will take clean mason jars out before it gets here and leave them to catch the rain. I would really like to see for myself what is being done to our area. I'll take pics all the way thru and post on here!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
More information. Interesting video.

"What they done, they can't fix".

The fall out in toxic rain will affect the entire country.

There's something fishy about this woman. I hope she's sincere but something bothers me in my gut when I listen to her. She seems to be getting too much coverage. It may be in her delivery, her mannerisms, she may be a little too polished, there's a sheen around her that troubles me. One thing she said, purposely placed at the end of this presentation, that may be revealing: "I don't want to live in this country right now." Why would she want to influence Americans to leave the country?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Merc told you how to do it. So do so.

Some of it might be normal in a city.

Could be that spraying something into the coast that changes the viscosity and surface tension of the water and the petroleum might cause it to be "evaporate" into the atmosphere.

I don't know - I don't know the chemicals and doubt they've been tested in such an uncontrolled and complex system in such a long and huge way.

Which is my way of saying - I don't see that what Merc is saying makes it impossible.

Good information isn't trolling. If you were smart, you'd use it as a guide as to what you need to do to get the answers you need.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I've been on ATS a while and while 99% of the time people just talk about a situation. in this one case, someone is actually DOING something and you people are discouraging that? Whats the harm in testing?

The OP clearly stated that his sample was from a bottle he had sitting in his yard with a funnel in it and people come on here saying "you got it from the road, TAINTED, it came from your gutters, TAINTED, all your samples are tainted, what an idiot, why waste your time" Why are you people so mad that someone is trying to gather evidence? I swear either your on BP's payroll, or your just so unsettled by the possibility that the gulf disaster might actually affect you that you violently oppose the OP.

If a giant meteor was hurtling towards the earth and one lone person noticed it and decided to contact an observatory to get more scientific information, to know if it would hit the earth or be a near miss, would you be here yelling at the person "oh you can't tell anything about a meteor based on your own observations, quit fear mongering, a giant meteor will never hit the earth" Your like an ostrich with its head in the sand to hide from a predator. Just because you choose not to see danger, doesn't mean it can't bite you in the ass. I know you would rather not think about it. Most people choose not to know about it. I have a roommate who didnt know about the gulf oil spill untill last week when I was watching CNN and talking about it. People are oblivious to the world around them. I know you want to think that what happens in the gulf will never affect you, because you don't live on the gulf coast, you want to feel safe, you want to believe that the world will go on as it has for decades. What happens in the gulf will affect you. I guarantee it. you need to take the blinders off and stop trying to obstruct the process.

To the OP, I say GOOD FOR YOU! We need more people ACTING, and less people TALKING. You can't be all theory and no action ATS. Nothing will ever change. Star and Flag OP. I look forward to your waters test results.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Thanks jennybee35, Keep us posted on what you see.

Aeons, I agree that oil build up on the roads is a possibility for oily sheen that we all see at some point..........But I specifically looked for the oil sheen on the day I took the video. That is why I purposely went into a neighborhood to look for the same substance I was seeing on the main roads.

The street where I started filming the video is a dead end street and you can even see the grass growing between some of the cracks…Not much traffic……….very low traffic considered to the main roads where I noticed the substance…….

Over the weekend I have been attempting to debunk the substance from being a dispersant. After looking at the video several times I noticed that where I parked the vehicle that the street is not asphalt.……..It’s a concrete based street. That eliminates the possibility of oil compounds secreting from that street that we see typically on asphalt streets.

So after my analysis of my own video this is what I have concluded:

1. White foamy bubbles where forming on all streets and standing in puddles of rain runoff on the curbs.
2. This substance was being formed on asphalt roads as well as concrete based roads
3. This substance was noticed coming off the roof of homes.
4. I noticed no oily sheen or rainbow effects on the road way
5. There was no oily sheen in the standing water by the gutter
6. There is no oily sheen in my samples
7. The substance has no brown streaks or oily looking streaks in it. It was very whitish bubbles creating a foaming consistency.

A. If this substance was formed due to oil rising due to heat in the asphalt then the concrete based street in the neighborhood would be substance free.
B. If the substance was caused by oil build up on the roadways then there would not be a substance coming from my roof.
C. If the substance was caused by oil build up on the roads there would be an oily sheen noticeable on the pavement and in the standing water next to the curbs….. there was none.
D. If the substance coming from the roof was caused by the oil by products used in shingles then an oily sheen would be noticeable in the water where the foam was created and it was not.
E. In order for this substance to be seen on the pavement of asphalt streets and concrete based streets as well as from my roof gutters, all of the following events would have had to happen at the same time:

a. Oil build-up on the roadways
b. Oil rising by heat on asphalt
c. Oil secreting from the roof shingles

Could all of these events happen at the same time…Yes……But there is “NO” way all three of these events could create exactly the same looking substance and consistency of foam with out leaving a oily residue.

Hopefully we will have more details on this testing project this morning.

Clouds

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

where are you all from, i only ask as i am making a visual map to log comments and will post to the blog i am helping someone build for the gulf states regarding water quality, air testing and health reports.

I think it is important to have baseline water info prior to the spill so we can compare historical data.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Lost entire post: will post UPDATE shortly

Pax

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Well, I haven't commented on this thread yet because I have been waiting to see what the results are.

I just wanted to throw out there that I commend you for your attempts at getting some answers. You are concerned (rightly so) and instead of sitting there waiting for the other shoe to drop, you have taken it upon yourself to try and get some answers as scientificly possible for someone who is outside the 'circle' of responders.

While this is obviously not conclusive as you yourself have tried to point out to the ones putting your expierement down it is SOMETHING other than just speculation based on someone elses raw video.

So while I will hold my judgement until further info is gathered, I want to encourage you to seek answers. Thank you for stepping up.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Slowly but surely we are hearing the truth........But it will take many voices before something is done..........

Here is a MSM news article from the San Fansico Chronical

"There is no other explanation for the crop damage. It's conjecture on my part but everything points to something that has a widespread effect on plants and crops. Studies on Corexit and its effects on plants are consistent with the damage sustained in the lower Mississippi area. Check out the table on page 877 of the study. While no one precisely knows, all the signs point to BP's use of aerosolized Corexit brought inland by the ocean winds or rain."

www.sfgate.com...

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

**UPDATE**

I apologize for the delay. I just hung up with the lab for the second time today.

The lab we are dealing with is capable of testing rainwater for chemicals, i.e. petroleum residue, dispersant 's and other toxins that should not be present.

When I explained what "Clouds" had witnessed, my contact person was not only perplexed but alarmed. He told me he had not heard of something like that before. He spoke of Correxit and immediately directed me to his boss, the "Task Manager" handling the test samples coming from in and around the Gulf Coast region . I am currently waiting for a return call.

The lab explained that all rainwater samples should be collected in clean plastic bottles and transferred to the sterile plastic bottles the lab will provide for the necessary testing and then returned.

We will be ordering the plastic bottles free of charge and testing the first 20 samples at no cost to you.

I am waiting for the exact particulars on time frames and pricing. Please try to be patient. I will post the information as soon as I receive it.

Now here is what we know. By Observation alone, the water "Clouds" collected is pale yellow with a thick head of foam. It does not look normal.

Based on my contacts reaction there is strong evidence albeit circumstantial, however, strong based on his reaction to "Clouds" Observations.

I am hoping we can stop attacking the evidence presented by the OP.

1. Take some water and mix a small amount of motor oil with it.
2. stir it around as much as you would like.

Does it foam or contain a thick, creamy foam that sits upon the top of the water?

Is there an oil sheen found in the water anywhere?

There is your answer.

I would like to add something.

In life there are people who want to help others, most of us on ATS probably fall into that category.

Then there are people who speak of helping others, but for whatever reason seem to fall short of their goal.

Rarely do you meet someone who not only wants to help, who never speaks of their plan to another, but just "DOES IT"!! This is the type of person "Clouds" is.

I have the utmost respect and admiration for him and his ability to launch this project. He is the example that everyone in the ATS community should strive to follow.

The MODS need to sit up and take notice when a member "does it" right!

Thank you Clouds for bringing this to the attention of so many.

Pax

[edit on 6-7-2010 by paxnatus]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hello all

So have we heard any news back from the labs???

Very curious as it seems there is plenty of rain in that area now.

be well

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Actually we all need to question the OP since we only have his word on how he collected the sample. we have no video of him collecting the sample or the area directly above where he took the sample as he was collecting the sample. and all we have is clouds word that he didn't tamper with the sample. I'm sure Clouds didn't but how do we really know?

And its obvious that Clouds you and Hx3 Have your own Agenda and have already made up your minds that its from the chemicals being sprayed in the gulf. your simple mindedness really shows when you won't even consider the more likely possibility that it has nothing to do with the gulf spill!

and since clouds used an unsterilized container to collect his sample, the results that you do get will always be questioned because of the possibility of outside contamination!

"Explain the color of the rain water with an inch of thick foam sitting on top of it! Again, you can not I am sure many on here have captured at least one rain sample in their lifetime, I bet you would be very hard pressed to find even 1 who claimed "yeah the rain has always looked like that, just normal rain."

since i don't really know where clouds actually collected the sample from, there could be hundreds of reasons for the off color of the rain water. but here is a few off the top of my head.
1. clouds tampered with the sample.
2. Clouds was under a tree and didn't realize it as he was collecting the sample.
3. CLouds collected a sample from the street and is just claiming it was taken in the open on the hood of his car.
4. Clouds collected the sample from the ground just below his downspout.

the possible discoloraization in 2,3 and 4 being dirt or other foriegn objects trapped in the rain water after coming in contact with the tree, the street and clouds roof.

If clouds truely wants to sample the rain water then more power to him JUST DO IT RIGHT! use the proper sterilized container, document with a video collecting the sample and as soon as the sample is taken send it off to the lab so there is no question you tampered with it.

"So before you criticize anymore from behind your computer, take a stand!
Get up of your arse and help find the truth! Be pro active, and stop being such a damn nay sayer of the effort being put forth by the OP "

And as i said earlier Clouds should be more concerned with whats already in the ground here in Joplin SInce it is more than likely that the stuff in the ground here will have more of an adverse affect on his health than anything falling from the sky in TRACE AMOUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

I'm sorry would you like me to prove i live in Joplin? Not that it would do any good because obviously you don't live in joplin and your lil simple mind won't let you understand just because someone doesn't jump on the bandwagon you have choosen doesn't make them a disinfo agent paid by BP.

reply to post by Aeons

thanks for the support but i believe your post will fall on deaf ears as the OP and his other 2 partners have already made up their minds that its from the gulf spill and not from something more local or even natural in nature.

they have ruled out the latter because they haven't observed it themselves before the spill. Honestly IMO they have observed it before But have their own agenda to try and prove and are just blindly dismissing any and all possibilities that don't fit into there agenda.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
i don't want to add to people's anxiety but I live on the east coast of Florida (a few miles from the Atlantic and at approx the same latitude as the northernmost point of Lake Okeechobee) and I noticed the exact same sort of dirty-ish, off-white frothy surface on puddles of rain water at the end of my driveway. My first thought of what it might be was some kind of detergent. I live at the end of a dead end street and I haven't washed my car in months so I really don't believe there was any detergent in the area.

It was extremely weird. Next time I will take photos. The rain we had here last weekend came in off the gulf. Despite the much needed rain, nature just doesn't look happy if you understand what I mean. I applaud one and all for attempting to scientifically investigate this disaster's potential fall out (pardon the pun). My observation is unscientific but we need to keep talking and sharing about what's going on.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

reply to post by paxnatus

reply to post by Hx3_1963

I want to thank all three of you. You all demonstrate the American Spirit.

This gusher is a brand new experiment, never seen before by mankind. You are setting a benchmark of your own which can be compared to similar tests... wait, there are no similar tests.

I rest my case.

Good job.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Thank you for taking the time to perform this test. Please make sure, in order to dispel any skeptics, that you post every detail of what you find. The lab used, the process they used, all details of the results....give every bit of information you can. In addition I would suggest finding a second lab that can perform the same test in order to verify any findings.

I realize you are doing this at your own expense, but just want to help you find the truth.

I work in health care and deal with lab results everyday. Getting a "second opinion" is standard with any test that give unexpected results.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by intjus01]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

Again I would like to say thank you for posting on this thread. Its always nice to hear from another Joplin member......

The lab we have contacted clearly stated that we can collect samples in a "clean" plastic bottle. To keep thie sample from becoming contaminated after the collection they are supplying a sterile plastic bottle for shipping and testing measures............

Do you know why?? Since you worked for a "water testing something", you should know......

When was the last time you tried to collect an 8 oz sample of rain water? It often takes a little time to do so. In one of my samples I took on Saturday it took almost three (3) hours to get about 5 oz's'

Even a fith grader knows that if you place a sterile container outside for a few minitues, much less 3 hours, that the container will "NO" longer be sterile........But we all know here on ATS that you know more than an international lab................

As far as your other comments..........I will not even waist my time.........Good luck to you an BP......

and since clouds used an unsterilized container to collect his sample, the results that you do get will always be questioned because of the possibility of outside contamination!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
So let me get this straight you think that the oil you took crappy video of is oil from the gulf spill?

It couldn't possibly be oil rising to the surface of the road from the road itself?

its been awhile since it has rained in Joplin. most of the roads in joplin are either asphalt or concrete with several layers of slurry seal. both types of roads are made with oil products. not to mention all the cars leaking oil on the road as they travel down said roads.

Did you get a sample of the "Toxic Rain" to be analyzed? do you have those results to prove the rain had oil from the gulf?

Sorry my friend but i live in Joplin, i have lived here for 30+ years. and in those 30+ years every time it rains you see oil and the white "foam" on the road when it first starts raining!

Do us all a favor and stop fearmongering unless you have real proof that its actual oil from the gulf of mexico falling down on lil ol Joplin MO!

Edit to add. you also seem to forget that every house in Joplin has asphalt shingles on their roofs. the oil from those will mix with the rain water and it all eventually runs to the streets.

all your videos have proven is that oil mixes with rain water as it flows down your roof, and that oil mixes with water as it rises to the surface of a street.

[edit on 7/4/2010 by Mercenary2007]

Talk about putting words in someone's mouth to prove a point. He didn't say it was oil, but that he was looking to see if there was a possibility. He found something else instead.
Also you first said you didn't see anything but now you say it was just oil. If you didn't see any foamy stuff on the road how did you come to the conclusion it was oil from the gulf?
And I guess you missed the neighbor's pool too huh?
You are trying to derail the topic. If you are not interested then move your fearful self on and stop trying to be like us. Only adults can draw conclusions, children however are easily made afraid.
boo

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by guyopitz
I've been on ATS a while and while 99% of the time people just talk about a situation. in this one case, someone is actually DOING something and you people are discouraging that? Whats the harm in testing?

I agree with you. The problem is that they wish this site and people like us would just go away. We won't. They are like the kids 20 yrs ago who didn't go to class and today have a hand out crying no one told them better or the like. People will thank the OP one day for taking the initiative to make such a bold move - a move the PTB would never have thought us smart enough to do.
Please more sampling and a wider search.
Also please start paying attention people. They are really talking up evacuations. www.dotd.louisiana.gov...
www.morningliberty.com... (bottom of article)
Good work and good luck!

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join