It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Truth: Toxic Rain Reality Check Testing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

Once again I thank you for posting on this thread.......(last time I will say that...LOL)

I am to the point now to agree with another poster here is that you have made your point throught your point and have moved your arguement into a "troll" category.

It is now evident by the comment that I quoted that you really dont know what your talking about.............Attached is a study perfromed by our Federal Government : Western Airborne Contaminants Assessment Project. I originally posted this in the Alex thread.

www.epa.gov...

If you dont feel like thumbing through the EPA report.......You can just get the conclusion from CBS.......

www.cbsnews.com...

Now as far as Alex.......I guess those counter clockwise clouds and rain bands reaching all the way up to Ft Smith AR was not caused by Alex and the "system" itself never drew any moisuture from the spill area.......Your comments on Alex are that of a 3rd grader........Do more research on hurricanes......

As far as the samples......it took almost 3 hours to get one that sat in the middle of the yard........Unless a bird took a dump in it as it flew over its about as a "clean" of a sample one could get.........

Enjoy your day!!

Like I said in my OP post.......This thread is about learning the truth..........

and lets remember Alex didn't exactly even get close to the spill area. and since the water currents and the wind currents was moving away from Alex there is very little chance that alex picked up anything being sprayed on the oil in the gulf. Even if there was a slim chance that Alex did pick up some airbourne compounds. by the time the moisture from alex reached lil ol Joplin MO a few hundred miles from the gulf spill. it wouldn't be dropping compounds it picked up in the gulf it would be dropping compounds it mixed with here closer to Joplin. any compounds it could have collected in the gulf was dropped in Mexico and Texas!

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

You sir must have some reading disability because the op did state where and how he took his samples quit skimming and replying with your knee jerk reactionary posts its quite annoying man...seriously....seriously...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Im really glad that you will be having samples analyzed because as we all know the EPA is lying their butts off concerning this. Could the foam be caused by evaporated cortex (which is basiclly detergent)?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Good luck with your efforts Cloud, I hope your tests show what's in that water. It won't be difficult to break it down, so the sample from the middle of your garden will be whatever fell from the sky.

It's a shame the numb-skulls, who obviously have short term memory loss, or an inability to read properly, vex their anger in the wrong direction. Hopefully they will tire and go away, as I imagine their concentration span isn't much longer than a flies.

Corexit and other gulf related toxins WILL be airborne, and therefore WILL end up in rain water... that's a fact, and the degree and distance will only be revealed if people like Cloud can collect enough samples and find a reliable source to test them. So, to all those who don't support the intentions of this forum, please BUTT OUT!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

Foam caused by fountains and better yet water falls is not uncommon. But what is uncommon is that you never have seen it there before.......

Where I grew up down in Lousisiana there was a dam on a lake that always had foam from the spill..............

The lake I am referring to to is Caddo Lake and the dam spilled into Twelve Mile Bayou that led into the Red River......

Now what you dont know is Caddo lake is where the very first off shore oil well was drilled in the US.......The lake is littered with oil wells from the persent to the past.................Its not the kind of water you want to drink....So seeing foam at the spill has a very good explanation due to the oil in the water.....

If you can take a sample..........Just note on the sample "pond water" and let us know....

Although the trolls have been attempting to derail this thread due to all the oil talk.....

The actual test that we are seeking to perform will be looking for despersents like Corexit. Thats why we have had trouble finding a lab thats not tied into the EPA/Gov/BP

So if a trace of despersents are in your pond water......we could only assume at that point it came from the rain........

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hello all,
I am a Harbor Master at a marina on the Space Coast of Florida,( no oil yet), but that foam reminds me of when a boat fueling overflows a little bit with gas then another overflows a little bit with diesel, I'm only talking about like maybe a cups worth. But then it rains and it all collects together in a corner where run-off from the road deposits into the harbor. But there in that corner it gets foamy just like from your gutters, only when diesel, gas and road runoff mix together though. Just thought I would tell you that.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Am I crazy?? I think NOT!!

I noticed this video which was posted by this OP on this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not sure what it will take for those trolls to realize that this will affect them as well.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Mercenary, I will only say this and then back off. You need to slow down and take a deep breath. Please re-read the OP and watch the videos.

In the last video as many have stated the pale yellow water was NOT scooped from the roads or his gutters, it was collected in an open area in his front yard. That my friend, came directly from the sky above.

Again, no one ever said it was raining OIL. We are looking for the chemical compounds i.e. gases, petroleum, dispersant's and anything else that is TOXIC and should not be falling on our heads.

Before you condescend anything else about this thread again, Let me share this information with you.

I am in charge of the lab piece of this project. As a Nurse with a Masters degree and one who ran a Hematology and Oncology lab for years, I certainly know how to collect a sterile sample and keep it that way. Whether, it is urine, blood, , other body fluids or crap looking rain water.

CLouds in the sky, Hx3, and myself understand the vital importance of consistency when it comes to collecting data. The lab we will be working with certainly knows what the hell they are doing.

Now that the lab piece is covered and there is no more need to question the OP. I simply ask you again, are you gonna get up off your ass and help the situation? If not excuse me for being rude, but you need to shut it!!

Have a lovely day! and if it is raining, don't forget your "Ass Hat" I'm sure you have many hanging in your closet.

Pax

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Any university chemistry lab with gas chromatography / mass spectrometry equipment should be able to tell you exactly what is in the water.

* Alkylated Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (Alkylated PAH). Trace level determinations of Alkylated PAHs will be performed. This analysis is typically performed using Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS) operated in the Selective Ion Monitoring (SIM) mode. Samples are solvent extracted and subjected to cleanups via silica gel to remove interfering matrix components. The SIM mode is used to further improve selectivity, but also increases sensitivity. Typical reporting limits for aqueous samples are in the 10-20 nanograms per liter (ng/L) range, for sediment the 0.5-5 ng/g range, and for tissue the 0.5-5 ng/g range. The inclusion of alkylated homologs is critical to the forensic aspect of the determinations, which provides the connection to the source oil that was spilled. The ratios of the various PAHs with substituted low molecular weight alkyl groups provide unique chemical characteristics that relate to the source of the petroleum material.
* Petroleum Hydrocarbons (PHC). The PHC analysis, including alkane fraction analysis and forensic approaches, will typically be performed via solvent extraction followed by Gas Chromatography/Flame Ionization Detection (GC/FID). The determinations will generally require a more complex approach than a routine diesel and/or residual range determination because of the need for forensic evaluation of the results. The routine PHC chromatogram (i.e. DRO/RRO) provides a fingerprint useful in tracing the source. The simplified procedure will be beneficial during cleanup of more highly contaminated areas. Calibrations for determinations where pattern recognition and quantification are used will require source oil as standards. In addition, speciated hydrocarbon analyses (delineated via alkane markers) will help from a forensic standpoint. Certain other hydrocarbons serve as biomarkers (unique to the source of the oil). Biomarkers might include compounds such as pristine, phytane, retene, and hopane. Again, the presence and ratio of biomarkers will aid in the identification of the source of the oil.
* Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC). For much of the testing, relatively routine determinations for benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, and xylenes (BTEX) will be used quite extensively. In addition, extended lists of VOCs will be necessary for in-depth forensic work. The additional lists might include various alkylated benzenes, branched alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, etc. In general, compounds in the C5 to C13 range are included in the parameter list.
* Dispersants. Thus far, the most widely used dispersants have been Corexit 9527 and Corexit 9500 (both trade names for commercially available dispersants). Several analytical approaches have been identified for the detection of these dispersants, but they are not selective to the specific active ingredient, which essentially eliminates the ability to trace the source of the material. General procedures exist for detection of anionic surfactants in aqueous samples, but do not assure the detectable compound(s) originated from a specific product such as Corexit 9500 or 9527. Thus, a selective procedure will be necessary to correctly identify the specific dispersant. Development of analytical procedures has commenced for selective and sensitive determinations using appropriate chemical separations followed by Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry/Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS/MS).

Source

[edit on 7/5/2010 by sp00n1]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I agree, most universities have lab testing abilities and offer services for revenue.

VOC testing is quite common for water, ie if I was to drill a well I would like to know farmer barleymow further up the hill was not emptying his paint cans in the stream etc.

If you have VOCs you have trouble.. but you can remove it with reverse osmosis one or two brands of filter remove this..

You are wise to be prudent and seek the truth , you know what is right in your world. I am thinking of you.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
More information. Interesting video.

"What they done, they can't fix".

The fall out in toxic rain will affect the entire country.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
There is a "low" spinning right off of our coast that has been spinning directly over the oil spill for several days. Think it's had time to pick up plenty of corexit and oil yet? I don't know what to expect from the rain we are fixin' to get , and NOBODY is talking about it!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm in Texas. I noticed that the water tasted very . . . unnatural, kind of like having a little bit of soap in it a few days back. Yesterday I literally saw a thin layer of chemicals making swirly patterns in my cup giving off slightly translucent coloration. This is local tap water. It's not possible to be from my dishwasher. I reuse the same cup a dozen times at least before washing it out again. I'm very concerned about this, atm. I may end up purchasing bottled water in bulk soon enough. Does anyone know if the reverse osmosis process would filter out chemicals like correxit9500? My guess is yes, of course, but I'm not 100% on that.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Hi unity, paxnatus here. This is very interesting. I can't remember what part of Texas you are in. My daughter is in Austin for the Summer, so I am interested to here more about your experience.

I will be contacting the lab first thing in the morning and will be sure to ask them about the reverse osmosis process.

If you are interested in having your water tested, please contact me or Clouds in the sky by u2u, for specific details.

For now, I would definitely drink bottled water.

Thank you for your contributions to this thread.

Have a great day,

Pax

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I hope this fits into your thread. It has to do with rainwater and it's very concerning to me. I'm near the TX/LA line at the northern end. My friend is even closer to LA, being just a few minutes west of Shreveport. This was in the email she sent me last night:

"Today I was cutting the grass. Almost done, and it started raining. I wanted to finish, so I did. In the pouring down rain. Dripping wet and soaked clean thru my clothes to the skin. Got a shower, but something's not right.

I feel nauseated. My face burns, eyes stinging and all watery and sinuses all stuffed up and wheezing, killer headache and blurred vision that fades in and out. And chills, complete with goose bumps and teeth chattering. I need to go lay down and cover up. I hope its not acid rain."

Needless to say, i was very concerned. Wrote her back this morning to see how she was feeling and she replied with this:

"Almost flu like. Muscle aches, upper respiratory discomfort, eyes still sort of burning, still got that headache, although not as severe as it was last night. But what's extreme is this: I had on a grey shirt. That shirt now has a brown tinge to it. Jeans and socks haven't changed any colors, but I'm really worried that the acid rain has arrived this far inland."

I don't know if it's anything or not, but this girl is healthy as a horse and we actually had plans to get out and do some things today and she's too sick to do anything.

Thoughts? Why on earth would rain make her shirt turn brown?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Hey paxnatus.

Just poured another glass unfiltered this time. It doesn't look the same as it did yesterday. I see no visible chemicals, but it still tastes funky. I really don't like the taste at all, and will probably get bottled water on those grounds alone! It could be a problem with the local filtration process, or sediment in the pipes that break off in chunks. My father's a plumber so I know this does happen. I just don't want to alarm anyone, over something that may not be.

I'm in DFW area, btw.

Yeah, so I'm going to travel up to whole foods and get those big glass containers that have 3 gallons of water in them. I don't like drinking out of plastic bottled water containers. The stuff that leaches out of it is a chemical soup in itself.

If I do notice any more visible chemicals either in my water supple or in rain water, I'll scoop it up and contact one of the local UNI's to get it tested.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Rained this morning here, central Arkansas.

Cup I had set out water was clear, no odd colors or smells.

No water puddles I noticed had any type of oil sheen, although ones beside the road did (from oil on the road).

Not trying to discount your claims, just throwing my information out there.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SeesFar

Hey SeesFar,

Thanks for the post. I am actually from Shreveport and my family all still live there........Her symptoms do seem to be the same as those that are getting sick just a few hours south of Shreveport.

Because of stories like your email posting here......we need to know the truth....

I am having my family take samples of that area as well.

What I did notice from the rain I took samples from on Saturday is that there is the potential for not all of a system be contaminated with a toxic compound.

I noticed that the rain became very clear looking later in the afternoon as this system moved thrugh my area..........

Keep us posted...............

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I'm in Texas. I noticed that the water tasted very . . . unnatural, kind of like having a little bit of soap in it a few days back. Yesterday I literally saw a thin layer of chemicals making swirly patterns in my cup giving off slightly translucent coloration. This is local tap water. It's not possible to be from my dishwasher. I reuse the same cup a dozen times at least before washing it out again. I'm very concerned about this, atm. I may end up purchasing bottled water in bulk soon enough. Does anyone know if the reverse osmosis process would filter out chemicals like correxit9500? My guess is yes, of course, but I'm not 100% on that.

I have been looking into filters as i do need a well and farmer barleymow upstream could be dumping paint in the river..

what i found is to remove VOCS you need a combination of carbon and Reverse Osmosis.

www.purificationfilters.com...

one brand i am am thinking of getting is aquasana.

i will have a look re correxit9500. do not distill as vocs have a lower boiling point than water.. can you buy bottled until you are sure.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Thanks, Clouds. I passed on to her what you said about the symptoms being the same down south of Shrevesport. She's out kind of in between Marshall and Elysian Fields, if that means anything to you. She's not a "jerky" person so for her to voice those concerns, she must feel strongly that something was wrong with the rain.

I also asked her to see if any of that rainwater collected in anything that was not already contaminated. Haven't heard back from her yet, but when i do i'll ask her if she's noticed anything else.

My husband and i are about an hour west of her. Last Wednesday evening i could smell a very distinct chemical odor off and on when i was out in the back. Nothing pervasive ~ just a definite whiff here and there. Thursday it set to raining (finally) and rained off and on most of the day. I did take pains to watch for any significant differences between it and other rains. No bubbles, no shiny, no plant damage or anything like that, but the rain that collected in the gauge was an odd color between a dark yellow and a light brown.

Because i have other health issues, it's sometimes hard for me to accurately distinguish between one thing and another. That said, the following day (Friday) i had an awful headache that was accompanied with swollen, red eyes. Even my husband remarked on the amount of swelling and redness in/around my eyes.

I never like to jump to any conclusions and i'm always very cautious to do no fear mongering, but i do think all of us need to keep a close eye on matters.

If you learn of any rainwater collections/testing going on in the ArkLaTex area, would you please post such information? Thank you. I will do the same should i hear of any.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join