It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Truth: Toxic Rain Reality Check Testing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

Actually Labs only recommend rinsing the Plastic Bottles once or twice in the actual fluid you intend to sample...no UV or Chemical intervention is noted...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

This Is A REPLY to MERCINARY

Forget the oil component for a moment. Next question, why is the rain water YELLOW? Do understand what I am asking? I am referring to the water sitting on a table in the last video!! Look real close since you are so observant and we are obviously Ass Hats!

Explain the color of the rain water with an inch of thick foam sitting on top of it! Again, you can not I am sure many on here have captured at least one rain sample in their lifetime, I bet you would be very hard pressed to find even 1 who claimed "yeah the rain has always looked like that, just normal rain."

So we have white foam on the roads, and not just a few clear bubbles the stuff looks thick.

White foam coming from the gutters.

straw or yellow looking water with a thick beer looking head on it!

No one is claiming it is raining oil, It is a combination of oil residue and the dispersant's that we are the most concerned about.

Like it has been said before the lab results will tell the truth. I have to hand it to Clouds though, he was right on the money with the prediction of Hurricane Alex, and I am afraid he is right about this too!

So before you criticize anymore from behind your computer, take a stand!
Get up of your arse and help find the truth! Be pro active, and stop being such a damn nay sayer of the effort being put forth by the OP

Pax

[edit on 4-7-2010 by paxnatus]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

Actually Labs only recommend rinsing the Plastic Bottles once or twice in the actual fluid you intend to sample...no UV or Chemical intervention is noted...

links to back up your claim? I've done hundreds of water tests over the years in my former business. and i can tell you for a fact that any credible lab will not tell you to rinse your bottle a couple of times with the liquid you are going to sample! doing so may give inaccurate results. they want the samples to be from a sterilized container before you put the water in to be sampled! and plastic bottles purchased from walmart are not sterile.

anyway have fun fear mongering! because nothing anyone says to show you that what was seen in the videos the op posted is normal inside a city.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

did Clouds say where he collected that sample from? Geeze do you know how to think for yourself? the discolored water if collected from the street is probably the combination of dirt, oil, gasoline, and who knows what that has run off from peoples yards.

if it was collected from his downspout well it could be a combination of dirt, oil from the roofing shingles, tree pollen who knows what.

if he is serious about having the rain water tested he needs to get a sterile bottle. set it in the middle of his yard away from trees, away from his house. and collect true rainfall. then have that tested.

rain water that has been in contact with the street a house and the ground is going to have inaccurate results simply because it was contaminated by products containing oil or other organic compounds that wasn't originally in the rain.

see i don't have to get off my ass and do something. i was out in the rain yesterday, it didn't have a foul smell. yes i saw a oil sheen on the road and even saw the foam in the water puddles AFTER a car drove through them and i already posted a more reasonable explaination for the foam other than oil and compounds used to break up the oil in the gulf! I have also said that what the op showed in his videos is nothing new it has happened every time it rains! even before BP thought about drilling wells in the gulf!

so instead of me getting off my ass and doing something why don't you do something besides jump on the its because of the oil spill bandwagon.

oh i know its easier to jump on that bandwagon and blame everything on BP and not own up to the fact that its because of humans that oil mixes with water in our streets from our cars as we drive down the road. or from the fertilizer that people spray on their yards... yep you guessed it made from oil!

that the foam appears in the water after a car drives through it not because the car is increasing the surface tension of the water and forcing air to be trapped in the water. but because oil and compounds from all the chemicals they are spraying on the oil in the gulf is falling from the sky.

Or that there could be hundreds of other reasons for the oil sheen, the foam and the discolored rain water other than what your simple mind is allowing you to think of.

I'm not saying all that crap they are spraying isn't going to have any affect on people. what i am saying is the effects are going to be closer to the gulf rather than a few hundred miles away from the gulf.

and lets remember Alex didn't exactly even get close to the spill area. and since the water currents and the wind currents was moving away from Alex there is very little chance that alex picked up anything being sprayed on the oil in the gulf. Even if there was a slim chance that Alex did pick up some airbourne compounds. by the time the moisture from alex reached lil ol Joplin MO a few hundred miles from the gulf spill. it wouldn't be dropping compounds it picked up in the gulf it would be dropping compounds it mixed with here closer to Joplin. any compounds it could have collected in the gulf was dropped in Mexico and Texas!

but i know some people will believe anything just because they read it online. if its on the web it must be true right.

[edit on 7/5/2010 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

What the hell are you debating about? The OP put this thread up as an exploratory tool to get conclusions through lab testing from different locations to find out if what is in the bloody water has anything to do with what's happening in the gulf. If you think the water falling from the sky is normal then post up some of your own videos from your area, collect water samples and go get them tested and share the results. Why start a flame war with people who are just looking for answers?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Thanks to the OP

for presenting this evidence.

It will be very interesting to learn

what the results of the water tests are.

Thank you for doing these tests.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Have you reached your crescendo of objections to the OP's intention to have the water tested yet? If I saw milky rain I'd have it tested as well, but for some reason you seem intent on raising objections to this even though it has nothing to do with you, and it begs the question after reading your responses, does this thread anger you?

You say you live in the same area as the OP, hell you should be greatful somebody is going to the trouble of having it tested. What if he gets the results back and finds out it's raining detergents there, are you going to have the same flippiant dismissals to offer then? I say lay off the guy and let's see what he comes up with, it's not comming out of your pocket anyway. As far as I've ever read on ATS, Cloudsinthesky is an upstanding member here and I have no reason to doubt his credibility.

Test on clouds
Curious to see what you come up with, make sure the lab you've decided on doesn't get grants from BP or have some kind of conflict of interest, might want to get a second opinion if you can in fact. There's obviously some serious money and nefarious events behind keeping a lid on the extent of BP's liability in this thing, so make sure everyone you involve is disinterested.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I'll give you the short answer as to why the bottle of rain water is yellow and foamy:

It's not pure rain water.

/rolls eyes.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
This study won't answer any questions, and will probably cause more harm than good.

Cloudsinthesky's intentions are noble, and should be respected -- everyone wants to help out during a disaster, nothing wrong with that. But he's not a scientist or a researcher, and really has no idea how to conduct scientific research or take proper samples.

So what's going to happen? Well, a bunch of horribly contaminated samples will be sent off to some lab that'll probably send back results listing all the foreign chemicals or compounds in that supposedly pure rain water. Cloud will immediately post the results and a mad hoarde of ATSers will google the heck out of each and every one them until they find one that was once maybe shown to be a known carcinogen (in rats) and OMG the COREXIT ZOMG WATS IN OUR WATER WR ALL GONNA DIEE!!!!1

Cloud: Your head is in the right place, but leave it to the professionals, dude.

Bad science is unintentional fear mongering.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Pseudonaut]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
It's really not that difficult to figure out.. all over the country plants have started to develope the white dots and the burn holes. You all know what im talking about... it is not going to be raining oil unless a hurricane hits, what it is raining however is the dispersant.. who knows how much of that crap they have actually dumped into the ocean, not to mention its like wht 5-10 times more toxic than the oil itself? now it is being evaporated and rained all over the country.

Is this not obvious to anyone else or is everyone simply pretending not to see the truth. I would wager that this was all thought out way ahead of time by tptb. Now we get to have a serious problem like everyone wanted all along and who will the "sheeple" of america blame? BP, even though our government has pretty much said "screw it, BP you take this one and we'll warm the bench." When has the american government ever just let anyone else handle a problem on their own? We were the first to respond to the Haiti earthquake for cryin out loud! and then we regulated EVERY aspect of the operation!

We need to broaden our scopes just a little bit and look at the big picture.. if it continues to rain this dispersant what do you all think is going to happen? most of the US is going to turn into one big wasteland.. Those white spots and burn marks on the plants, the powdery white substance found on them. That is not a fungus.. why hasnt anyone done some testing to determine what the powder is on the plants?

I bet that if you test the powder on the plants against the white foamy crap you found in your rain water that you would find both substances to be the exact same thing.. dispersants that have been pumped into the gulf.. chew on that for awhile..

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
My my... looks as though we have a few trolls in this thread.

Clouds, S+F to you for attempting to do some research. So many of the armchair quarterbacks here at ATS never do anything more than read and respond to posts.
It's nice to see someone actually doing something.

I have another observation to add, as I, too, have seen this foamy white stuff recently and it really perplexed me at the time.

I live in Nashville, TN. My girlfriend lives in Brentwood, TN, (where we both went to high school years ago). Anyways, there is a stocked pond in a nice neighborhood near her home where we often go fishing. We've been to this pond for years, and at all times of year.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/837932b0da46.png[/atsimg]
Two days ago, we went to this pond as we usually do, but we both noticed an odd sheen on top of the water. It seemed odd, but small managed ponds can look weird sometimes, so I was ready to write it off as a fluke.

Next, I noticed that the water fountain in the middle of the pond was creating white, foamy bubbles where the fountain water fell into the pond. The foamy bubbles were gathering into bands, moving outward from the fountain, and they seemed to stay visible almost all the way to the banks on either side of the end of the pond where the fountain is located.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92eb43b6be50.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6bea424b0f23.png[/atsimg]
I immediately thought about something being carried up here from the Gulf, but of course, I had no way to be sure. It could very well be some weird pond management project.... but I've never seen this pond look that way. It did rain a few days ago... quite a bit actually... and this stuff seems to have shown up after that. Would love to sample it and see whats in the water. I didn't take pics at the time, but I will try to swing back by there in the next few days and take some pics if the foam is still there.

Edit to clarify: I know that fountains can create foam/bubbles. But this pond never does - I go there all the time - and the stuff I saw really did look like some kids backed a truck load of laundry detergent in there.

Also, these images are clearly for reference only. They do not show the foam.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by DamaSan]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Did you take the water for chemical analysis?

Here in Serbia it costs like 30 bucks or something. I assume it can't cost much more than that in a developed country.

Until then no one could take this "project" seriously, no offence. From those videos rain water looks pretty bad, it wouldn't take a team of rocket scientists to give you an idea what exactly is in it.

You also can't call it oil, if some parts of it evaporate it would turn into something other than just crude oil, a mixture of god knows what chemicals I guess
. I'd just call it "crap soup" due to scientific naming standards for something that you don't know what it is but looks like crap.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread, can I just suggest you contact

cleanthegulfnow.org...

they seem to be organising water and air testing etc, I am in the process of compilng some info working with another ATS member..

best wishes you are doing the right thing ,

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Obviously your correct. 10,000,000 plus gallons of oil in an ocean would never cause any effects to anything. The OP is just Fear Mongering.

How long have you lived in Joplin again?

OP, thanks for your efforts. With all the bottled items, road water collection and gutter collection aside. I wonder why the neighbors swimming pool was so whiteish?

I will agree that the toxins being sent that far into the atmosphereand dropped 200 miles inland would be rare. But maybe just maybe they are.

For me I will wait and see what the experts have to say.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
more air quality control by grassroots

The Bucket Brigade

The EPA-approved “bucket" is a simple, community friendly tool that fenceline neighbors use to take air samples. Taking air samples is a powerful experience for community members who are used to being ignored, overlooked, and disrespected by corporations and government. Dorothy Jenkins, President of Concerned Citizens of New Sarpy, used to call the refinery to complain about the odors. A low ranking operator would tell her not to worry, that the black plume of smoke that billowed for hours near her home was not harmful. Now Mrs. Jenkins has a bucket. When refinery managers and government regulators tell her that there is nothing to worry about, she answers, "Why, then, was there a benzene reading of 14 in my air sample, a reading that violates the state standards?" The bucket gives community members power to hold institutions accountable to provide a safe and healthy environment.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I don't know which strange city you live in, but in Paris, France, cars don't produce foam like the one we can see on the videos of the OP.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I agree top work.
If I lived in an area and was worried about this, id be doing everything I could to find out just what the hell is going on.

This is toxic, its massive and from what I understand rain comes from the oceans, and being we've filled the ocean up with toxic CRAP.. yep.. I can see how youve come to want to test this stuff.

Now, I have seen bubbles appear on the road after a car drives over the rain water, but the colour of your rain water and the bubbles in the drain pipe definately look odd.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hey I guess we should just pack it up guys... mercenary has made it very clear- YOU HAD BETTER NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT TESTING THAT RAIN WATER. YOU WILL JUST MESS IT UP SOMEHOW ANYWAY SO JUST GIVE UP. lol.. maybe hez mad you didnt invite him to be part of this above top secret operation? After all, he`s an expert on rain samples. And I knew "China-mart" was "bad", but I had no idea they were selling us contaminated water... the "great value" water they sell isnt even made, bottled, or purified in China, its all done within US borders actually. so whats it contaminated with? let`s see... we have purified water, calcium chloride, and sodium bicarbonate. Yep, that will definitely confuse the lab technicians... I can just imagine it. Oh but its walmart so i guess theres probably a little oil & corexit in there too so ya that wouldnt work at all...we all know how evil walmart is. Oh and nevermind the milkiness of his and his neighbors pool, dont ya know they use oil when making swimming pools? Thats all that is. You mean to tell me that everytime you went in a swimming pool you didnt notice the water wasnt clear? Oh its always been that way. Your just noticing it now because the oil spill is fresh in your mind. Nevermind the fact that oil normally makes a rainbow sheen rather than a milky foam, again, its really always been that way and you are just being paranoid because of the oil spill just happening. Oh and nevermind that you saw the milky foam in a sample you took from a container that was sitting on your hood, cause in my mind you scooped it up off the street and got some of that "good ol` milky and foamy oil we all know & love that has no sign of a rainbow sheen". And even tho most will realize this is a figment of my imagination, some will believe it and will even welcome and be comforted by the idea that "we`re all gonna be fine"... and so my work is done. Don`t ya know? Thats how a disinfo agent works...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
From Joplin my ass... you and your ilk need to get your trash outta here and quit tellin people to "let the pros handle it" we know we arent perfect but at least we`re trying! Your advice is to sit and do nothing. Wow... I hope you don`t have children. We don`t need anymore ROBOTS in this world. We are friggin capable of knowing how to live our lives without receiving instructions from a talking box. We have just been led to believe we need to be treated like babies or we might get hurt... And they have succeeded in doing some damage, but as soon as we pick ourselves up and start thinking for ourselves again, we will be great once again! We may stumble a few times but one thing we will NEVER do is GIVE UP! Now go crawl back into whatever hole you came out of, we were doing JUST FINE without any of you, thank you very much! Nobody`s sayin mistakes wont be made... so go try to fool some other poor schmucks, you`re crowdin up this thread with that trash your peddlin and tryin to pass off as your genuine opinion. NOBODY CAN BE THAT IGNORANT, therefore you are intentionally trying to discourage people from taking a proactive stance in their community and the problems it may be facing. And furthermore, YOU, Sir, disgust me! No offense. But seriously, git wit it, foo!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join