It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is an Advocate of Peace, Not Terror

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
reply to post by queenannie38

Now they need to convience the ones flying planes into buildings and launching indiscrimanent attacks on civilians to stop doing it and we can all sing kum by ya together.

You must be the ONLY person on the face of the earth that still thinks 9/11 wasn't an inside job.

You must be a lonely fellow.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PunisherSupreme

I think that is rather unfair, his point is valid. Just because terrorism exists does not mean 9/11 was not an inside job or was allowed to happen. Al’Qa’ida do exist as do other violent Islamic extremist groups. People on ATS shouldn’t be so quick to dismiss those who believe the official story of 9/11 or any other world event for that matter.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

I think that is rather unfair, his point is valid. Just because terrorism exists does not mean 9/11 was not an inside job or was allowed to happen. Al’Qa’ida do exist as do other violent Islamic extremist groups. People on ATS shouldn’t be so quick to dismiss those who believe the official story of 9/11 or any other world event for that matter.

I correct my previous post.

There are actually two left!

Must be all that fluoride, wishful thinking, indoctrinated hate, blindness, gullibility and low IQ and contribute to such beliefs.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
We all have to deal with the world as it is now and accept that Islam is a fast growing and influential part of it. In some way, Islam affects us all and we affect Islam. A proper understanding of the faith will go some way to facilitating harmonic integration, if that is at all possible.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Furthermore, Abrahamic Religions goals are not necessarily "peace" but some form of religious fight.

no doubt there has been some serious sibling rivalry going on for centuries!

but i'd like to think that humanity, also as brothers, can grow up some and make that absolutely a thing of the PAST...making the future a bright, clean slate.

for all of us.
we've all sinned against one another, inside and outside of religious differences.

the way to start that, i think, at least one way, is to cease negative reactions given almost by rote to certain words or labels...to quit generalizing individuals or groups based on the reputation or deeds of related or similarly named individuals or groups.

the bottom line is this: we are all human beings. we fundamentally all want and need the same basic things and have the same sorrows and joys in life. we all have families and friends and jobs and hopes and dreams. we all want to be loved and accepted and valued for our own sake.

and what i want, i will freely give to others.
not because it's a fair trade but because it is humane.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Why is that every time on ATS someone suggests 9/11 may not have been a inside job they are subject to this type of rhetoric. It’s like I have done something wrong, or personally insulted you. When it comes to 9/11 i always say this, I do not believe the official story but i have yet to find a complete conspiracy theory that has convinced me otherwise. Now as 9/11 is not the point of this can we get back to discussing the OP.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Most religions are not peaceful, no matter what they want to think. There is almost always an US and THEM. Since this is about Islam, I will stay on topic.

Qur'an (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]...and fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."

Qur'an (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."

Qur'an (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

Qur'an (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

an (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

Qur'an (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."

Qur'an (4:76) - "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…"

Bukhari (52:177) - Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

Abu Dawud (14:2526) - The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Three things are the roots of faith: to refrain from (killing) a person who utters, "There is no god but Allah" and not to declare him unbeliever whatever sin he commits, and not to excommunicate him from Islam for his any action; and jihad will be performed continuously since the day Allah sent me as a prophet until the day the last member of my community will fight with the Dajjal.

Ibn Ishaq: 992 - "Fight everyone in the way of Allah and kill those who disbelieve in Allah."

There are hundreds of examples like this, but I think this'll suffice.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Prove it. Radical Islam has the most reactionary response to any perceived slight of any defined group I can think of today. It's a sad truth that at some point in history everyone has been on the receiving end of bigotry and misunderstanding. Islam acts like it's the special object of hate by the west. I would say it's just the opposite. Radical Islam is anathema to concepts associated with western ideals as equality, open debate, and progress. I know most Muslim's are decent human beings as are most Christian's, Jews, etc. But, when an element of Islam is so oppressive it can intimidate other member's to be silent about the use of violence, when it call's for the death, not just of westerner's but the ideals of our civilization, don't be surprised by a less then polite response.

Maybe it's because Islam is 600 years younger then it's nearest monotheistic relative Christianity, it needs time to adapt to the 21st century, or in time become irrelevant. In the case of an insecure individual, it's common to lash out at enemy's, real or imagined. That' the perception. As for the direction, and public image of Islam, that fate is in the hands of it's believer's. For the majority of Muslim's who wish Islam's positive face to be the one associated with it by the world, you don't have the luxury of remaining silent. How Islam is seen by the world depend on those who believe but also act on a message of peace. No one can set your agenda with out your consent.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

You have made a great effort to state every single one out of context!

Fighting against tyranny, oppression and tumult is not only allowed but encouraged.

These pathetic attempts at disinfo are really great because it encourages people to go to the source and then they realise that some chump lied to them by stating stuff out of context.

Nice try.

Go here and check the context for every single quote presented by tamusan here:

www.quran.com

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture

Prove it.

prove what? the title of the thread?

did you even bother clicking through to the link?
and if so, did you read the article?
it's not a long article, at all.

but just in case, here are the next two paragraphs following that which i posted in my OP:

Next, this campaign serves as a gentle reminder to all those who wonder, 'Where are the moderate Muslims?' This reminder responds with a resounding, 'We Are Here!' Not only are we here but we are speaking up and protecting our Nation, America, and our faith, Islam, from the ambitions of extremists. We will not sit idle while our faith and Nation is hijacked. Rather, we stand before all our fellow citizens and reassure them that Muslims are in fact for Peace.

Finally, this campaign is a message to extremists who wish to hijack Islam. We say to them to either behave peacefully, or accept that whatever you represent, you do not represent Islam. Behave peacefully, or accept that whomever you represent, you do not represent Prophet Muhammad (sa), a man who is history's foremost champion of peace. This is a message to such extremists to either behave peacefully, or recognize that there exists a system of crime and punishment to which you will be held accountable, in this world and the next.

we are not talking about the same group of people, at all!

Radical Islam has the most reactionary response to any perceived slight of any defined group I can think of today. It's a sad truth that at some point in history everyone has been on the receiving end of bigotry and misunderstanding.

and in the last 200 years it often is at the hands of the U.S., sometimes alone and sometimes in cahoots with dear mother U.K. (nothing personal, my british friends - allies are allies, after all!)

we have bullied more peoples, crashed several cultures, destroyed a few cities, and generally made ourselves into the most obnoxious kid in the neighborhood.

do you know any of the history of Islam before 2001?

we've not done right by Islam or the Muslims, by any means. is it any wonder there are a few bruised feelings?

however, i'm not justifying anything. just hoping to either open some eyes or spur some further personal investigation by those of us who aren't aware of all the history behind today.

Islam acts like it's the special object of hate by the west.

they can't beat the hijackers of the name Israel in the state of Israel!
and so what?

are they not the object of hate by many Americans, the same of which most likely have never even met someone of that faith?

I would say it's just the opposite. Radical Islam is anathema to concepts associated with western ideals as equality, open debate, and progress.

but remember, this thread isn't about RADICAL Islam...it's about REGULAR Islam.

But, when an element of Islam is so oppressive it can intimidate other member's to be silent about the use of violence, when it call's for the death, not just of westerner's but the ideals of our civilization, don't be surprised by a less then polite response.

and what's good for the goose is good for the gander, it seems.

why can't we get past the past?

Maybe it's because Islam is 600 years younger then it's nearest monotheistic relative Christianity, it needs time to adapt to the 21st century, or in time become irrelevant.

i wouldn't count on it. it is an enduring religion that's still growing, especially here in the west.

and as far as needing to adapt to the 21st century, there are many things that are foundational to the 21st century that came directly from Muslim nations...

In the case of an insecure individual, it's common to lash out at enemy's, real or imagined. That' the perception.

demonstrated every day even here at ATS!

As for the direction, and public image of Islam, that fate is in the hands of it's believer's. For the majority of Muslim's who wish Islam's positive face to be the one associated with it by the world, you don't have the luxury of remaining silent. How Islam is seen by the world depend on those who believe but also act on a message of peace.

EXACTLY.
that is the very point of the article i sourced! and the key point of this thread.
it takes two to make war and i'd say the same goes for peace, too!

and so far, we're being shown up.

No one can set your agenda with out your consent.

right.

that's why we in America are so happy and pleased with our Government's representation of we the people, with the current agendas of funding terrorism in Gaza and strong-arming Iran based on suspicions! spending enough money on the war machine each year, that, redirected would nearly, if not completely, alleviate world hunger??? polluting our own waters in our desperate addiction to oil?

making war for oil!
is that what you consented to?
not i.
neither is it my agenda. but to the eyes looking at us from across the sea, it might not seem so clear.

after all, isn't this the beautiful land of democracy's experiment? the nation who would bless the world with the spread of our form of government, because we THINK IT'S BEST? supposedly, if all nations would follow our example, the world would be such a shiny happy place full of shiny happy people...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Will Islam Christianity or Judaism accept the athiest or a Buddist like myself as an equal...I doubt it.

However many buses go out, those behind the driving wheel think that only they are right, have all the answers and are they know the truth. All have an agenda.

It is religious (political)n hogwash.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Whatever dude. I'm not taking anything out of context. If religous folks managed to keep their beliefs out of my daily life, I would have nothing to lure me into these threads. I'm tired of each and every religion trying to push their values and beliefs into everyone's government. I'm not just all about bashing Islam, I also hate Christians and Jews (the religion, not the ethnicity). There is a definite US and THEM complex within these institutions. If you take the blinders off for awhile, you could step back and see it for yourself. I wish I was born into a time with no religion. Now that truly would be a more peaceful world. I respect your religion enough to let you practice as you wish. However, I don't want to be subjected to anything just because it's in your holy book(s).

[edit on 4-7-2010 by tamusan]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

No they won't accept us as equal. Christians, Muslims and Jews usually can't even accept each other as equal.

There is always an US and THEM in most religions. As long as there is that dividing line, there will never be peace.

I will admit that there are people within those religions who just wish everyone would stop fighting. Yet, their holy book(s) are full of division. So, Christians, Jews, and Muslims will always have the attitude that those who do not share thier beliefs are less important.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

You have already been caught out spreading disinfo and lies.

As I said, all your quotes are OUT OF CONTEXT.

They refer to self-defence and fighting against oppression.

Posting winded and whiney responses isn't going to change that now.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Whatever dude. It is only disinfo to you as you do not want to accept my opinion. I don't care about your religion, and I will FIGHT everyday of my life to keep it away from me.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Why is it that whenever there is a thread about Islam some chump brings up 9/11 which has been scientifically shown to be an inside job.

Don't try that nonsense with me.

Attack the one that says 9/11 wasn't an inside job INSTEAD of the the one that brings it up in the first place attributing it to muslims.

First class hypocrisy if I ever seen it.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by PunisherSupreme]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

I have to say it really does annoy me when people basically just Google “Koran, infidel, kill”. It’s such a week argument, as has already been pointed out its always out of contest and further to this it never comes along with quotes of peace. It’s also interesting that all of the quote’s that you took from the Qur’an do not specifically say “kill infidels” rather they talk about the consequences of being a Kafir or unbeliever. The ones that do come from the books of the Hadith and not the Qur’an, these books describe the life of the profit and are open to interpretation. Also the only way the Qur’an can be properly understood is when it’s read in Arabic otherwise it is open to criticism as translation's may differ.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

It wasn’t me that brought up 9/11 all I am saying is that just because someone believes the official story does not mean they deserved to be alienated by other ATS members.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by tamusan

I have to say it really does annoy me when people basically just Google “Koran, infidel, kill”. It’s such a week argument, as has already been pointed out its always out of contest and further to this it never comes along with quotes of peace. It’s also interesting that all of the quote’s that you took from the Qur’an do not specifically say “kill infidels” rather they talk about the consequences of being a Kafir or unbeliever.

No it doesn't. Again another lie from someone that thinks he knows about Islam.

It is about fighting against oppressors and as self-defence. What part of that can you not comprehend?

Read some of this and please learn something:

Letter to all Christians from Prophet Muhammad
People of the book

Ignorance on this thread is amazing. I'm surprised people aren't ashamed of themselves.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by PunisherSupreme]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join