It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter to all Christians from Prophet Muhammad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
i think some of you should take into consideration the period of time in which this was written. things will always look differently in hind sight. this is a letter preaching tolerance, something that is absent today.

just as men have corrupted the teachings of all others who would have helped us, men have continued to corrupt this mans teachings as well. so is it muhammad who is guilty for the actions of the muslims today, or those ignorant people who twist things for their own agenda?

do you think jesus would have water boarded people, or ignorant men?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kommunist

How should Muslims treat Christians? With violence? Anger? Hatred? The answer is none of the above. Below is the English rendering of a letter written by the Prophet Muhammad (sa) to all Christians.

In a time when tensions between Islam and Christianity seem to be at an all time high, we remind our Christian friends that a true Muslim cannot hurt a Christian in any way, neither by his hand, nor by his tongue.

"This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them. Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.

No compulsion is to be on them. Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries. No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses. Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.

No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them. If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.

Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants. No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world)."

source

Christians AND Jews should do the same.

Well can't speak for Jews because I am not one, but by definition a Christian should not hate anyone, but love everyone, including enemies. A letter is not needed, if there are "christians" out there that need a letter to reinforce this then they aren't real christians. just my thoughts

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Thanks for helping my prove my point!

No!

thank YOU for helping me prove mine.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlesUTP

I do not recall any "water boarding" done in the name of Christianity.

But, perhaps I am wrong....

mg

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by missed_gear

I do not recall any "water boarding" done in the name of Christianity.

But, perhaps I am wrong....

mg

you missed my point.

it could probably be argued that the military excursion into the middle east is a religious war. the bible verses on scopes, and the crusade term that bush used back on 9/16/2001 as an example, but im not making that argument.

my point is, do you think the people who began religions (jesus, muhammad, buddha, etc.) would be the ones to slaughter and torture masses of people, or the men that misinterpret and stay sheltered in their own punitive minds? im just saying religions gets dogged an awful lot these day, but its not the religion itself, or the people who created it, but the imperfect men who misuse it for their own advantage.

also, i subscribe to no specific religion.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
A Letter from the Prophet Muhammad To The Assyrian Christians

�God has told me in a vision what to do, and I confirm His command by giving my solemn promise to keep this agreement.

To the followers of the Islam I say: Carry out my command, protect and help the Nazarene nation in this country of ours in their own land. Leave their places of worship in peace; help and assist their chief and their priests when in need of help, be it in the mountains, in the desert, on the sea, or at home. Leave all their possessions alone, be it houses or other property, do not destroy anything of their belongings, the followers of Islam shall not harm or molest any of this nation, because the Nazarenes are my subjects, pay tribute to me and will help the Muslims. No tribute, but what is agreed upon, shall be collected from them, their church buildings shall be left as they are, they shall not be altered, their priests shall be permitted to teach and worship in their own way-the Nazarenes have full liberty of worship in their churches and homes. None of their churches shall be torn down, or altered into a mosque, except by the consent and free will of the Nazarenes. If any one disobeys this command, the anger of God and His Prophet shall be upon him.

�The tribute paid the Nazarenes shall be used to promote the teachings of Islam and shall be deposited at the treasury of Beth
Almal. A common man shall pay one denar (piece of money), but the merchants and people who own mines of gold and silver and are rich shall pay twelve denars. Strangers and people who have no houses or other settled property shall not have taxes levied upon them. If a man inherits property he shall pay a settled sum to the Baitulmal treasury. The Christians are not obliged to make war on the enemies of Islam, but if an enemy attacks the Christians, the Muslims shall not deny their help, but give them horses and weapons, if they need them, and protect them from evils from outside and keep the peace with them. The Christians are not obliged to turn Muslims, until God�s will makes them believers.

�The Muslims shall not force Christian women to accept Islam, but if they themselves wish to embrace it, the Muslims shall be kind to them.

�If a Christian woman is married to a Muslim and does not want to embrace Islam, she has liberty to worship at her own church according to her own religious belief, and her husband must not treat her unkindly on account of her religion. If any one disobeys this command, he disobeys God and his prophet and will be guilty of a great offense.

�If the Nazarenes wish to build a church, their Muslim neighbors shall help them. This shall be done, because the Christians have obeyed us and have come to us and pleaded for peace and mercy.

�If there be among the Christians a great and learned man the Muslims shall honor him and not be envious of his greatness.

�If any one is unjust and unkind to the Christians he will be guilty of disobeying the Prophet of God.

�The Christians should not shelter an enemy of Islam or give him horse, weapon or any other help. If a Muslim is in need the Christian shall for three days and nights be his host and shelter him from his enemies. The Christians shall, furthermore, protect the Mohammedan women and children and not deliver them up to the enemy or expose them to view. If the Nazarenes fail to fulfil these conditions, they have forfeited their right to protection, and the agreement is null and void.

�This document shall be entrusted to the Christian chief and head of their church for safe keeping.�

The peace of God be over them all! This agreement is written by Moavijah Ben Sofian, according to the dictates of Muhammad, the Messenger of God, in the 4th year of the Hegira in the city of Medina.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
People of the Book

This is what the Koran refers to the Christians and People of the Book.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

the last day is when the game is over. its the day of judgement.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kommunist

Yes this is quite cool.

Few know this, but what is written in that letter is also written in architecture.

The Dome of the Rock, the sacred temple of Jerusalem, is actually a structure designed by a Christian, approved by a Muslim leader, to symbolize similar feelings seen in this letter.

The idea was originally to join the two religions some how. Or at least that is what is written in architecture from the pre-crusade era. They did not know how, but they hoped to have peaceful religious competition.

Then the Pope decided to be Spain's biatch. Spain wanted the trade routes, so the Pope ordered a crusade. There were thousands of soldiers in Italy from Spain. He had to do what they wanted.

And so, the entire conflict can be traced to Spain's greed.

Sigh.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by queenannie38
actually, he has written us at least one letter that i know of. have you read it, by chance?

Yes, and I rolled my eyes and laughed incredulousy. Just like every time I hear him speak. In fact I do the same when I hear Obama talk. Must be the way Muslims try to get their points across that has that effect on me?

Thanks for helping my prove my point!

is this the stormfront spokesperson or something?

[edit on 4-7-2010 by piddles]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kommunist

Hogwash! Over these past few years and learning more and more about these people the less I trust any of them. These people in my opinion lead two lives, the one they most generally show us and the one we read about in the News. They Beat their Wives, lop heads and limbs off, the list goes on and on, personally I wouldn't turn my back on any Muslim and that was the real reason I got a Concealed Weapons Permit.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
this reminds me of the respectable Christians I know, the ones who actually are respectful and don't take things out of context to push a political agenda. I compare muslim extremists' attitude towards women to the GOP/other christian political party's complete disrespect of gay rights, in legislation obviously but that still doesn't make it right.

the best religious people are the ones who understand religion is a way to live, not a way to make others live.

-an athiest.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Some of the Quranic verses which suits the topic..

And argue not with the people of the Scripture (Jews & Christians), unless it be in (a way) that is better (with good words and in good manner, inviting them to Islamic Monotheism with His Verses), except with such of them as do wrong, and say (to them) : "We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you; our llah (God) and your llah (God) is One (i.e. Allah) and to Him we have submitted (as Muslim)." [Quran 29:46]

Mankind were one community and Allah sent Prophets with glad tidings and warnings, and with them He sent the Scripture in truth to judge between people in matters wherein they differed. And only those to whom (the Scripture) was given differed concerning it after clear proofs had come unto them through hatred, one to another. Then Allah by His Leave guided those who believed to the truth of that wherein they differed. And Allah guides whom He wills to a Straight Path. [Quran 2:213]

The Jews said that the Christians follow nothing (i.e. are not on the right religion); and the Christians said that the Jews follow nothing (i.e. are not on the right religion); though they both recite the Scripture. like unto their word, said (the pagans) who know not. Allah will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection about that wherein they have been differing. [Quran 2 :113]

Those to whom We gave the Scriptures(Jews & Christians) recognise him (Muhammed (PBUH) or the Kabah at Makkah) as they recognise their sons. But verily, a party of them conceal the truth while they know it - [i.e. the qualities of Muhammed (PBUH) which are written in the Torah and the Gospel] [Quran 2 :146]

And We have sent down to you (O Muhammed (PBUY)) the Book (this Quran) in truth, confirming the Scripture that came before it and Muhayin(trustworthy is highness and a witness) over it (old Scriptures). So judge among them by what Allah has revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging away from the truth that has come to you. To each among you, We have prescribed a law and a clear way. If Allah had willed, He would have made you one nation, but that (He) may test you in what He has given you; so compete in good deeds. The return of you (all) is to Allah; then He will inform you about that in which you used to differ. [Quran 5:48]

O People of the Scripture(Jews & Christians)! Now has come to you Our Messenger(Muhammed (PBUH)) explaining to you much of that which you used to hide from the Scripture and pass over(i.e. leaving out without explaining) much. Indeed, there has come to you from Allah a light (Prophet Muhammed(PBUH)) and a plain Book (this Quran). [Quran 5:15]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
As with any religious post, discussion or argument these quotes never stop popping into my mind.

"There are no facts, only interpretations."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance."
-Socrates

"Hell is other people."
-Jean-Paul Sartre

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Every religion by definition desires to change other's people's ways of life.

Although Mohammad wrote this, the idea was simply to out compete the Christians peacefully.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

you missed my point.

No, you missed mine.

Bush aside (suddenly he has creditability?)....

my point is, do you think the people who began religions (jesus, muhammad, buddha, etc.) would be the ones to slaughter and torture masses of people, or the men that misinterpret and stay sheltered in their own punitive minds?

Jesus...No, Buddha...No... Muhammad?...Yes. Look at history and what is recorded...start with the Qurayza tribe....Hmmm.

Any record of Jesus or Buddha doing such acts? No. There are plenty by Muhammad if you take the time to read.

I am not defending any religion, but when the argument is obvious....

mg

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
when I was around 13ish I watched what I originally thought was a glowing white something getting bigger and bigger coming in from the south until it/he(looked very strong) landed on the roof ridge across the street and focusing in I saw what I think would be called a cherubim(had wings) as it/he started walking toward the east and when got to the edge started to look down when suddenly turned his head towards me as if startled and looked me directly in the eyes, I ducked under the window ledge terrified and when looked back up he/it was heading back the direction he came

years later and one night I went to pick up a Gideons NT that a woman had left on the bar a few days earlier and as soon as I began to open it I heard an audible voice as if sitting on my left that said-my name, I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish-I stood to my feet turned to the voice and said yes, and years later came across these-

I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.-John5.25

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.2Cor5.14

But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said:
"Wake up, O sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you."-Eph5.13

Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.-1Tim1.15

He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead.-Acts17.31

The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."-Gal5.14

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join