It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking USDA Report! Food Shortages: Wall Street 'Caught Off Guard' by Severity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Thank You, for the heads-up. I'll be heading to the "Feed & Seed", in a few minutes- to pick-up, an extra 1,000lbs. of dried corn.
Anyone with ANY sense, should buy $200 worth of dried pinto beans, rice, and salt. THAT will feed a family of 4, for a year. Maybe not haute' cousine, but, better than starving!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Simply stop feeding 90 percent of our corn and soybeans to livestock, and we should be just fine. This would also save water, as it takes a ridiculous amount of water (up to 100,000 litres ) just to produce one lb. of meat.
www.janegoodall.ca...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I guess people better get off their fat ass and get real good with gardening. Learn how to improve your soil. Learn how to can stuff. Get a few chickens, rabbits, and a goat for milk. have neighbors plant specialty crops like tobacco, wheat and milo for animal feed. But all people grow your own staples. They did it a hunderd years ago.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I cant help but see Goverment Sachs in this, as well as Monsanto.

GS will make $ with insider info on Corn and Monsanto will cash in with some GM crop to stop the UGfungus in the wheat. Where do we fit in? Oh, wait Codex Alimentarius will save us with goverment standards and all.

It just seems prudent to get your hands on some good non GMO seeds, good soil and amendments now, as well as stock up on the food essentials.

If you raise livestock, or poultry, I could understand adding corn to the list.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by burntheships

I only asked if this was worldwide or just in the US, can't you answer a simple question like that?

See? It is your statements like this that question your ability to maintain a neutral, friendly demeanor at all times.

You are supposed to be an expert, show it rather than acting in this manner which is hardly professional.

Search further information, and provide everyone for your doubts on this topic, which in my opinion seems more limited to the US, than the world. Regardless you are injecting your personal feelings into a topic that doesn't call for it.

You are a moderator, please act like one.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I fail to see how this is bad.

This is a good thing.

By their own error they have destroyed the value of crop, and with it, high fructose corn syrup and a host of other poisonous sweets and fat foods made from it.

Now they have to go for other foods, and now we have less fatty foods on the shelves.

By all means, I am happy for this event.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Well I agree with you about High Fructose Corn Syrup, and GMO corn.
What is not good is this is engineered to protect the elite, and further decimate the poor, and middle class.

The chance of us ridding the world of Monsanto and Goverment Sachs is slim to none. I am near certain they have achieved a great level of success, and are moving on with the plan for control. How can that be good? Food prices doubling over a six month period as they did in 08 good?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It has been said, whether it is true or not I don't know, but, within 3 days after a disaster all grocery shelves can be wiped clean of all food stuffs....

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Clams are apparently already on shortage, according to the packaging from the stuffed clams I picked up today at the store.

Instead of pretty little clam shells, I've got this pink bathtub looking things...and the package reads off something like "Due to the incident in the Gulf of Mexico, we are no longer able to bring you clam shells."

Sad day. Sad.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I don't see how this can be good, the people controlling the distribution of the food will find a way of diverting it to the places that pay the most, while finding a way of getting cheap food from other, less known sources, and, as usual, the poorer people are going to be the ones that will be more affected.

I am sure TPTB don't mind diverting production from some poor area in Asia, for example, just to keep the prices at the level they want, even if the people from that area have no way of compensating the diverted supplies.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Food prices doubling over a six month period as they did in 08 good?

Food prices doubling?

Where did that happened?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

If there was a panic or a breakdown in the supply chain, I have heard two to three days. It depends on the sitx.

modernsurvivalblog.com...

What I am gathering from this news is we are facing price increases, along with further depleted grain inventories.

I am not a vegetarian, even then some people still eat eggs, cheese, etc. The increase in grain prices, corn and wheat will lead to an increase in nearly every food found in the stores, bread, cereal, andincluding meat, diary etc.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have noticed that the price of groceries are on the rise. It's time for me to start preparing for a food shortage, and I try to keep my house stock up full of food. I live out in the country on a few acres, and am starting to plant a vegetable garden, and a small vineyard. I can purchase organic beef from my neighbors if I needed to. I am also learning how to can my own produce.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by burntheships
Food prices doubling over a six month period as they did in 08 good?

Food prices doubling?

Where did that happened?

Actually in 2008 rice tripled in price.

This site mundi index shows the increase in rice in six months in 08, price tripled with some other staples as well doubling. You can search this index in many ways, it is a great tool for tracking food prices.

source

And you make a good point with the distribution points and TPTB

[edit on 3-7-2010 by burntheships]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

reply to post by ArMaP

I know I'm going to possibly sound like a retard here, but whatever.

Where I live, I grow most of my green foods. The fruits and veggies have always been about the same price too for my life. And most of our food is pretty much there. In addition, there are farms I can walk down to anyday, pay a few bucks, and pick my own food.

So I know for a fact that I am biased in my statements and unaffected.

So sorry if I sounded odd about this being a good thing.

Now as to the poor, I really do not know. But honestly, I do not think you realize what they are capable.

A million poor do not sit down is starvation. There is a certain number of poor that, when reached, causes rioting and revolt.

So I really do not concern myself on the matter. Because if these so called powers that be are retarded enough to think that food is not a reason to revolt, then they are too retarded to care about and deserve what they get.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I remember that rice crisis, but I was not aware that other products were affected by that price rise.

Here in Portugal there was no prices change.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I entered the wheat index here, you can see the huge price spike at the same time. www.indexmundi.com...

This is when The Bail Out occured.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by burntheships]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This is a worldwide issue ug99 is running rampant in Africa turning their wheat fields into seas of rust. This ug99 fungus is going to spread to India and China and what do you want to bet that ug99 is already here in the states in Monsanto or DuPont laboratories?

Food prices are rising and have been rising. Less food but still in same sized containers for more money.

Climate change and its promise of diseases or in this case a fungus makes you wonder whats next?

There also predicting rice shortages in Asia due to drought.

Wheat shortages in Africa
Corn shortages in the US
Rice shortages in Asia
No Gulf Seafood for possibly years.
Middle East shortages in grain.......

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This year southern US and Mexican crops will be unsafe for consumption due to the Gulf disaster. (of course one could argue Mexican crops were never safe)
Heavy rains in the US Corn belt, as last year, will make large portions of the yeild unsuitable for human consumption.

Safe food will be in short supply this harvest. This is fact.

I find the nay-sayers happily blind in ignorance, so be it, it is their stomach that will growl not mine. It was their choice to go hungry. Most sheepeople live each day without reguard of the personal needs they have. If asked where water or food comes from they will respond "the store". They take so much for granted.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
If I understand correctly there is a lot of money to be made out of this...

Follow the thought... With food shortages beginning to occur those who produce food can raise the prices...

The first buyers in line will be the militaries...

If you are able to produce say basics in mass, you can then funnel profits into other research....

Thank you OP I see a way to make a fortune. A huge one for anyone willing to exercise some brains...

This also means some farms will being going under and this makes more land available for sale...

S and F

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join