It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The # 23?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   
ok wai wai wait .......real deal i was actually aGREEing with your post and i said you're COOL!! no one was trying to "run you down".... yeah , i admit i 'skimmed' thru everyones posts, but i was actually impressed that you knew so much and i liked that. sorry for any confusion, but you won't find any hostility in me man. i was saying 'tis true' on what YOU said

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hey Isis my mistake

So what do you know of the fibonacci spiral,what with your name being the same!

Feygan
About the spine so i got it wrong but as i said i'm not that bothered about it.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
sheesh feygan, a smart pants correcting another smarty pants.....HA! there's so much knowledge on this site ya'll are makin me feel kinda dumb.....fibonacci isnt my REAL last name, but when i was studying sacred geometry i was doing these mathematical exercises out of this book called "nothin in this book is true but its exactly how things are" Bob Frissell. it talked about platonic solids and how to create a golden mean rectangle derived from the phi ratio, which is derived from a fibonacci spiral, like a snail shell. its also on the pattern of a sunflower. the platonic solids, like the cube, the decohedron(sp?) and such, they are the only equal-sided shapes in the world and are supposedly the shapes of symbols of our 'original cosmic tribe'? it's an interesting book....Frissell also came out with a second edition called 'something in this book is true'. both are collections of spirituality, speculation, extra-terrestrials, and a lot of other junk......

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Magestica,

You're right about your research/observations concerning the number "23." Once an individual becomes aware of the occurrence of this number in his/her day-to-day life, that individual will begin to see a more frequent occurrence of the number.

On a more personal note, I believe that when a person first becomes aware of the occurrence of the number in his/her life, he/she should be extremely aware of its connotation, i.e., were the events (that may be associated with this number) positive or negative? For example, if something happened on the 23rd of a particular month was in fact positive, one should be alert to the fact that positive events could also very well occur on the 23rd of the following month, or any month, thereafter.

However, on the flip side of the coin, if something occurred that was indeed negative, one should be extremely aware of the number's presence in his/her life and, therefore, take extreme precautions on the 23rd on subsequent months.

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 06:55 AM
link   
sorry if i sounded aloof before, wasnt meaning to be all high and mighty, but i felt it was better to correct now than let someone base a theory on mistruth, cos no ones ever done that before??????

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I just stumbled onto this by accident and guess I'm not the ONLY one out there who sees a connection with the #23 and it's involvement somehow with the illuminati.
Like I stated before, I have literally watched this number pop up in too many places where 'they' might want to leave a mark of some kind~weird...
Magestica
www.gaiamind.com...
(Hope that works now)

[Edited on 6/2/03 by magestica]

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I read that 23 is the number for the Illuminati like 33 is for Freemasonry. It would be no surprise to see 23 popping up everywhere on TV since they totally control the media. You can also see the numbers 6,11,13,23, and their multiples in the news and stuff. Occultists also use 9, 31 and 32 which are reversals of numbers. These guys seem to use a lot of numerology because they see math as a powerful thing (boring is more like it
) Ofcourse this is all controversal.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Here are a bunch related facts about 23...But there are many more...

www.free.de...

In fibonacci, which is in my opinion the most amazing sequence of numbers ever, and is still being used in everything from divination to art and music and basically the underlying sequence for life...(more visible in the golden ratio) This sequence of numbers really does deserve your full attention if you are really interested. There are plenty of resources you can find about it and the more you get into it the more amazing it really is. The patterns that are hidden within it go on and on. The golden ratio itself is also known as the golden rectangle and the golden spiral. The spiral is the same in a snail shell, or sea shell or the curve of a fern leaf as it opens. It is found within nature everywhere from the ratio of flower petals and distance between leaves and even to certain mating patterns. The human body can be devided by the golden ration which provides the mathmatics behind our semetry and structure. It goes for ever both in positive and negetive numbers always repeating certain patterns that are hidden within but all start with just 0 and 1. Which in itself represents a kind of yin/yang duality from which infinity is born. I can't even begin to explain the significance behind it and highly recommend that everyone research even just the basics to see understand it's true beauty and how it does tie into the geometry of the universe at it's most basic levels.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Illuminati...doesn't exist.

Bavarian group, started 1776, died out shortly after that.

No one wanted to join, government squashed them.

The mere idea that a group that no one wants to join, becoming all powerful, is ludicrous.

History gives all answers.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWanderer
Illuminati...doesn't exist.

REALLY?? Wow boy have I been fooled or else you've been living under a rock?? Hummm...I think it's definately the latter. Do me a fav..don't just dispute things for attention here. You have some good points and you actually seem to know a few things, but you are by no means RIGHT all the time, therefore stop pretending that you are please. Get your nose out of the history books and go out 'in the world' to find out what's going on.
I'm beginning to think that you have selective hearing and you only take in what YOU want to take in. Can't learn that way my friend..
Magestica

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Magestica, when you look at history you see what is happening today has happend long before any "illuminati" ever existed.

It's just the way of civilization, when we become "urban dwellers" people become immoral, they enslave themselves through ignorance.

It happend to Athens, 2500 years ago, it happend to Rome, 1500 years ago, it's happening today.

There doesn't need to be an "illuminati" to cause it.

*EDIT* OH but on topic, the number 23, yes I don't doubt it pops up everywhere, but so does 9. I'll ask my friend what 23 can mean, see if he doesn't have an idea as to why it pops up so often.

His main hobby is that whole astrology stuff or whatever, his license plate is Ward 7 because he explained, he doesn't understand "7" heh...it's a weird number and such.

So I'm sure he'll give some large HUGE list of coincidences that point towards 23 in nature and such and will reveal a plausible explaination of how "23" has become so imbeded in society as you seem to think.

It's also likely that someone IS putting it all around....but if someone is, it is NOT the Illuminati.

I don't care if it is some Care Bear Cult, the Illuminati do NOT exist, that's a fact, there's no other evidence lol....the front could very well be the "Illuminati".

While you're all looking for trinangles and weird numbers, the Care Bear Cult is getting closer to World Domination.

You know honestly, it's become to the point where Illuminati isn't a "group" anymore.

They are a "name" for those "controllers of our daily lives".

Top bankers, presidents, businessmen, land owners. Stock tycoons, Oil tycoons.

They aren't all apart of the same group...they might not know eachother.

But if it looks like it's pushing us into that historical pit fall every civilization has ever taken, millenia past, we call it "Illuminati" no matter what.

Civilization is no more than 8,000 years old as we know it, and history is no more than 5,000 years old.

How can we say what may be a normal up and down trend, is really the act of some "secret society".

So secret in fact that it vanished without a trace at about 1780, and hasn't been heard from since.

Even the Ninja's were known of better than that, and they truly were a "master of secrets".

[Edited on 3-6-2003 by TheWanderer]

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
where are tyler and drudgejr and all the others (myself included) who have read the Illuminatus trilogy and done extensive (read: exhaustive) research into things such as these? i am saddened when i read these postings, for it is like seeing minds that could be great all being forced to live in a rock and merely reacting to whatever glacier takes it up in its path, never really knowing whats going on, and never knowing enough to be able to learn. WAKE UP and get to your local bookstore and find the illuminatus trilogy by robert shea/robert anton wilson and its sequels by r. a. wilson, as well as head to www.fnord.demon.co.uk... as that seems to be the only link that appears useful i can find right now. i will not attempt to enlighten you further untill i have reinforcements to aid in damage control should my info end up outdated or inaccurate.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This is interesting, because my older sister has recurring 23s in her life. Wedding anniversary 23rd, child's birth 23rd, numerous in-laws with birthdates 23rd. Found out her son had a brain tumor on the 23rd. Son went in hospital final time before dieing...on the 23rd.

There are a lot more, but I'd have to get her to tell me...there's probably about 23 of them

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
it is the morning of december 23rd not the 24th the world will end

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
OK this is a dumb question I know, but I was wondering if the # 23 means anything? You see it everywhere in movies and T.V shows even #'s that will add up to 23? I was told a few years ago that it was a powerful # the illuminati uses when they are involved?

I think (and I'm not totally sure) that the main link between #23 and the Illuminati can be traced to "The Illuminatus Trilogy." That's where a lot of Illuminati info that surfaces around the web comes from. Between Robert Anton Wilson and Steve Jackson Games, I think you'll find all of the modern Illuminati theory and conjecture.

If any of you frequenting this message board haven't read "The Illuminatus Trilogy," you are cheating yourself. Go out and buy it now.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Thank you for your comments and for digging up this old thread, which *I* think is very important
I heard this MANY years ago, before *most* even knew what the word illuminati was/meant, and since that time, I looked for it in certain movies/shows and such that I believe to be in connection with 'them'..(you know all the movies that feed us a line of crap about aliens and what not) but even in movies where you wouldn't expect it/them.

I have not read or heard of that book, but I'll certainly look into it..I'll have plenty of time to read everyones book recommendations here shortly..once again thank you and welcome to ATS..Do enjoy your time and entries here..
Magestica

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
I have not read or heard of that book, but I'll certainly look into it..I'll have plenty of time to read everyones book recommendations here shortly..once again thank you and welcome to ATS..Do enjoy your time and entries here..
Magestica

It's a must-read for the fans of conspiracy theories.

This seems like a cool message board. I can't belive I haven't found it before now.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Illuminati engineers use the # 23 and other numbers (i think 11) in they're measurements, or something

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RamenSaurus
Illuminati engineers use the # 23 and other numbers (i think 11) in they're measurements, or something

LOL im a engineer and i used sooooo many numbers in my measurements every day....

I know lets pick a number lets say 15 go out on your travels tomorrow and see how many times the number crops up in your day,or even in your life..!!

Hmm how many,oh my god it must a magical or mystical number..Well i just don't think so but hey that is my opinion you could pick any number and say it is something special..

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I do think it's a number they use to identify or brand something..but like all conspiracies, we can debunk and debate until we are blue in the face. We'll never know...
Isn't that why we come to ATS anyway? We come up with some off the wall notion of a conspiracy and we share it, and then we are lost in the threads of disbelief..how can we ever find truth in this way? I was told it *is* a number in connection and I believe it only after looking deeper into myself...

*The illuminati is really not magical or mystical, they just portray themselves in this manner as to throw off those that are not in connection*

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join