It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban fighters getting killed by small arms and aircraft

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JMech
reply to post by deltaboy

When the U.S. asked them to hand over Bin Laden they said no. When the U.N. asked them not to blow up the statues of Budda they said no. So now when they attack a Nato base and get their @sses kicked we should feel bad, well I say NO.!!

See this is why you need to think before you speak.

Other wise you shut your mouth because the only that will come out is a bunch of garbage.

Firstly Osama bin Laden was never convicted of any crime, infact he is not convicted of any crime even now.

It was the suspicion that he was behind the 9/11 attacks that led to the invasion of Afghanistan.

Secondly the Taliban asked the US to provide evidence which supports Osama bin Laden's guilt.

But the US didn't provide any evidence to the government of Afghanistan.

When they blew up the Bhuda statue, wait, wait, what does that have to do with the invasion of a country, and chaos, and destructions, and corruption, and drugs?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret
Don't call them Taliban, call them the resistance.

You tell me, I'm eager to acquire more knowledge, even if that knowledge is in regards to an ignorant tool.
[edit on 3-7-2010 by LittleSecret]

Blowing up school children is a great form of resistance.

Ignorance is bliss. Keep spewing it!

Do you even take one minute of your daily time to think about the sh1t you are talking about?

Blasts, rocket attack kill five Afghans

By Sardar Ahmad (AFP) – Jun 19, 2010 KABUL — At least five civilians including children were killed and two dozen others injured in separate attacks on Sunday, officials said, as non-combatants suffered a bloody weekend in Afghanistan.

Life under the Taliban: how a boy of seven was hanged to punish his family

As a seven-year-old boy is hanged in Afghanistan, Ben Farmer hears how in certain areas the Taliban's shadow administration remains more influential than the government in Kabul.

Death Toll Hits 60 in Afghan Blast

07/11/2007

NEW BAGHLAN, Afghanistan - The death toll from a suicide blast targeting a group of lawmakers and children rose to 60 on Wednesday, the deadliest attack in Afghanistan since the 2001 U.S.-led invasion.

Gunmen kill two schoolgirls in Afghanistan

KABUL, June 12 (Reuters) - Gunmen riding on a motorbike fired at girls outside a school in Afghanistan on Tuesday, killing two and wounding six, authorities said.

The attack took place in Logar province, south of the capital, Kabul, at the end of the school day. The attackers fled, they said.

Bomb kills five legislators; Scores of children also dead in attack

Afghan President Hamid Karzai blamed the "the enemies of peace and security," a euphemism often used for the militant Taliban.

"This deplorable attempt to hinder Afghanistan's progress only strengthens our resolve. Canada remains unequivocally committed to supporting Afghanistan and its democratically elected government."

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

Yea, because no drugs came from there until the U.S. invasion. Maybe someone should chill out a bit.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

these are humans I expect them to be scared. I understand especially for the one actually fighting the war to forget that those who they kill have a family but we as civilians should at least in some capacity remember that these people will be missed by someone as we would miss our loved ones. some of the replies in this thread scare me as to what the human heart really holds.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by ApacheChief]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Right slayer.... SOme of these fools here think the Taliban is so wonderful, renounce your American or Westeren Nations citizenship move on donw to afghanistan and live amogest them...have fun..l. Ill buy your plane ticket.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Hello Slayer, nice seeing you again

Blowing up school children is a great form of resistance.
Ignorance is bliss. Keep spewing it!

Resistance comes from all corners, including crazy people ^^

And a place like Afghanistan, the center of proxy war between two greedy empires have alot of crazy people, don't you think slayer?>

Your source #1:

Civilians were also said to have been killed Saturday by a NATO air strike on a Taliban target and a separate shootout between Afghan forces and rebels.
At least five civilians, including two young girls, were killed in an air strike by NATO forces in the eastern province of Khost, police and hospital officials said.
NATO confirmed there were air strikes in the area against the Taliban's Haqqani network and said it was reviewing whether civilians were killed by the operations, which provincial police said also killed 38 Taliban militants.
Villagers in a district of the western province of Badghis reported scores of civilians killed and wounded by crossfire in a Saturday shootout between Afghan security forces and Taliban rebels.
Men evacuating the injured to hospital told AFP that their relatives were killed and injured after police fired rockets on their homes after the battle with the Taliban.
Local government officials and a police spokesman confirmed civilians had died following a heavy gunfight between police and militants, but could not immediately give figures for the casualties.

Source #2:

The Taliban have denied the killing, but in Heratiyan where villagers must live under the reality of complete militant control, many privately doubt their protestations.

Source #3:

He blamed the bombing on "the enemies of peace and security," a phrase often used for the militant Taliban, and directed authorities to conduct a thorough investigation. Such a spectacular attack also could have been the work of al-Qaeda. The Taliban denied involvement.

Source #4:

The Taleban reportedly denied carrying out the attack.

Afghanistan's Pajhwok news website said a man claiming to speak for the country's hard-line former rulers had condemned the murder of school children.

The spokesman "said such slayings were mostly linked to family feuds and local customs", Pajhwok reported.

BBC

So it seems you just posted a bunch of propaganda and blamed it on the resistance.

Here is facts:

BAGRAM AIR BASE, Afghanistan (CNN) -- At least 20 people were killed and more than 60 injured in Afghanistan when a U.S. plane dropped a bomb on a wedding party as celebrants fired into the air, an Afghan defense spokesman said Monday.

archives.cnn.com...

It was then that the American plane (or planes) arrived, ensuring that she would never say her vows. "They stopped in a narrow location for rest," said one witness about her house party, according to the BBC. "The plane came and bombed the area." The district governor, Haji Amishah Gul, told the British Times, "So far there are 27 people, including women and children, who have been buried. Another 10 have been wounded. The attack happened at 6.30AM. Just two of the dead are men, the rest are women and children. The bride is among the dead."

www.alternet.org...

American military officials were last night trying to explain one of their worst blunders during the nine-month war in Afghanistan after a US plane mistakenly targeted a house full of wedding guests, killing at least 30 of them.
The bombing happened at 1am yesterday in a village in the rugged and mountainous central region of Oruzgan, 105 miles north of the southern city of Kandahar.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Between October 7 - December 6, U.S. aerial attacks on Afghanistan had killed an average of 62 innocent civilians a day. The bombing of a convoy of tribal elders during the night of December 20th is right on the trend line.

cursor.org...

You know Slayer, the empire can deny these terrorist attacks as accidents all they want, but we know why they do it.

Check it out:

At least 500 Afghan tribal leaders, who were against the invasion of the country by US-led forces, have been suspiciously killed in Kandahar in the past eight years.

According to a list received by Press TV's correspondent in Afghanistan, more than 500 tribal leaders in the southern provinces of Afghanistan especially Kandahar have been killed in suspicious manners after the US invasion of the country in 2001.

www.presstv.ir...

No doubt it is press TV, but I trust Iran 100X more than any Western empire propaganda.

Plus the empire has used terrorist tactics, just like the USSR to try to keep the Afghans obedient, heck who else bombs a whole village to dust.

Don't kid your self Slayer, I been around the site long enough, and I think you know me

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JMech

Yea, because no drugs came from there until the U.S. invasion. Maybe someone should chill out a bit.

Didn't I post a source stating 95% drug reduction?

I don't know, people don't read anymore

Edit to ADD:
Don't waste my time:

U.N. drug control officers said the Taliban religious militia has nearly wiped out opium production in Afghanistan -- once the world's largest producer -- since banning poppy cultivation last summer.

I could use this time to gain more knowledge, and to experience more real world and to gain more wisdom.

I thought you would bring something more to the table.

I'm disappointed

[edit on 3-7-2010 by LittleSecret]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long

Originally posted by deltaboy
www.liveleak.com...

What surprises me the most is they came back scared. They are doing in the name of Allah right? Paradise awaits yet they are scared of it!

Been in a war have you? Didnt think so.

I have.

Yeah, there are some scary times. Anyone who says there aren't is either lying or a psychopath, too crazy to get scared.

That's for normal folks, though, not zealots who claim to WELCOME getting themselves all blowed up for Allah, so they can claim their virgins for martyrdom in paradise.

Kinda gives a little insight into what they SAY vs what they really FEEL, now don't it?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

The difference between you and I is that I'll admit Western faults, You on the other hand sound like an a apologist in that maybe in your eyes the Taliban cannot and have never done any wrong.

Simply put. they are not squeaky clean nor are they made up of purely Afghans. As a matter of fact many if not most are not even Afghans at all. Many are Muslims from around the region who are there simply becuase of Fatwa and believe it's what Allah wants.

That's why they have no qualms with targeting Afghan civilians esp young females who are simply trying to better themselves and seek an education.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

www.presstv.ir...

No doubt it is press TV, but I trust Iran 100X more than any Western empire propaganda.

Oh my Lord.

Get real...

PressTV exposed.

PressTV Propaganda

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

The difference between you and I is that I'll admit Western faults, You on the other hand sound like an a apologist in that maybe in your eyes the Taliban cannot and have never done any wrong.

Firstly, no, not the Taliban, I talk about resistance.

Resistance doesn't have a name, when you give it a name, it then can easily transformed in to an evil force by the might of propaganda.

Resistance is resistance, not Taliban, when you say Taliban what comes to your mind? And why doesn't it come to your mind?

The resistance means resistance, hence anyone who is fighting the occupying force. Not fighting little girls who are trying to become educated, not fighting women...

Simply put. they are not squeaky clean nor are they made up of purely Afghans. As a matter of fact many if not most are not even Afghans at all. Many are Muslims from around the region who are there simply becuase of Fatwa and believe it's what Allah wants.

Wait, wait, you still believe Al-Qaeda is fighting
I once respected you as a wise man, a man with a huge pool of knowledge which I would have been proud to learn from, but now:

CIA director Leon Panetta called the war in Afghanistan "a very tough fight," and acknowledged that "there are some serious problems." Panetta said that the Taliban "is engaged in greater violence" now than when President Obama took office, and said that they're stronger in some ways, but weaker in others, noting that "we're undermining their leadership." Panetta said that al Qaeda's presence in Afghanistan is now "relatively small."

"I think at most, we're looking at maybe 50 to 100, maybe less. It's in that vicinity. There's no question that the main location of al-Qaeda is in tribal areas of Pakistan," he said. Panetta added that "winning" in Afghanistan means "having a country that is stable enough to ensure that there is no safe haven for al-Qaeda or for a militant Taliban that welcomes Al Qaida."

voices.washingtonpost.com...

If there was much foreign Muslim fighters in Afghanistan there would be much dead foreign Muslim bodies, but till to date we haven't seen much, we only seen Afghans.

That's why they have no qualms with targeting Afghan civilians esp young females who are simply trying to better themselves and seek an education.

What should I say in regards to this quote?

I can't comment in regards to speculations Slayer

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Wait, wait, you still believe Al-Qaeda is fighting
I once respected you as a wise man, a man with a huge pool of knowledge which I would have been proud to learn from, but now:
I can't comment in regards to speculations Slayer

OK Class let's reread what I typed.

Now pay attention.
Where exactly have I mentioned Al-Qeada?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

www.presstv.ir...

Oh my Lord.

Get real...

PressTV exposed.

PressTV Propaganda

Sorry Slayer, once again you didn't offer much, if you read the link you would have seen the relation of the picture to the story.

The picture related because it was not the first incident:

Whistleblower website WikiLeaks released a video earlier in the year, showing a 2007 incident when US soldiers opened indiscriminate fire from an Apache helicopter on the people on the ground. The barrages killed dozens of Iraqi civilians, including two Reuters employees.

The same year saw former operatives with the infamous US security contractor Blackwater, currently known as the Xe Services LLC, mowing down 17 Iraqi civilians in a Baghdad square.

As I said, I trust Iran 100X more than the empire's propaganda.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

www.presstv.ir...

Oh my Lord.

Get real...

PressTV exposed.

PressTV Propaganda

Sorry Slayer, once again you didn't offer much, if you read the link you would have seen the relation of the picture to the story.

The picture related because it was not the first incident:

Whistleblower website WikiLeaks released a video earlier in the year, showing a 2007 incident when US soldiers opened indiscriminate fire from an Apache helicopter on the people on the ground. The barrages killed dozens of Iraqi civilians, including two Reuters employees.

The same year saw former operatives with the infamous US security contractor Blackwater, currently known as the Xe Services LLC, mowing down 17 Iraqi civilians in a Baghdad square.

As I said, I trust Iran 100X more than the empire's propaganda.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

You MUST be a politician........why? Because you have an issue with the "name" thing....

If it casts people in a bad light just "change" it......."tweak" it.......BULLCRAP

The Taliban is the Taliban and JIHAD is JIHAD, I dont care if you want to call it the "resistance" or a "mission to convert faith"

IT IS WHAT IT IS........in all its horrible glory, you can chose to ignore that fact if you like, but it doesnt change REALITY....

Secondly you apologist attitude is SICKENING........do you work for the Obama administration?

[edit on 3-7-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

You MUST be a politician........why? Because you have an issue with the "name" thing....

If it casts people in a bad light just "change" it......."tweak" it.......BULLCRAP

The Taliban is the Taliban and JIHAD is JIHAD, I dont care if you want to call it the "resistance" or a "mission to convert faith"

IT IS WHAT IT IS........in all its horrible glory, you can chose to ignore that fact if you like, but it doesnt change REALITY....

Secondly you apologist attitude is SICKENING........do you work for the Obama administration?

[edit on 3-7-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

???

Don't waste my time.

This is what happened to the Iraqi resistance when they were given a name:

In an interview with Al Jazeerah TV, the popular Iraqi leader Fattah al-Sheikh, a member of the Iraqi National Assembly and deputy official in the Basra governorate, said that police had "caught two non-Iraqis, who seem to be Britons and were in a car of the Cressida type. It was a booby-trapped car laden with ammunition and was meant to explode in the centre of the city of Basra in the popular market." Contrary to British authorities' claims that the soldiers had been immediately handed to local militia, al-Sheikh confirmed that they were "at the Intelligence Department in Basra, and they were held by the National Guard force, but the British occupation forces are still surrounding this department in an attempt to absolve them of the crime."

ZZZZ

It seems no matter how many people you try to educate, there will always be someone else who will take his/her place and repeat the same crap like a parrot.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Youre arrogance is astounding.....you can try and "educate" me all you want

I did 3 tours over seas in the Corps, in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan....I dont need to hear you run at the mouth trying to tell me what you HYPOTHESIZE

I can tell you right now that your attitude shows your agenda..

I have a pretty damn good idea of what im talking about

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Youre arrogance is astounding.....you can try and "educate" me all you want

I did 3 tours over seas in the Corps, in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan....I dont need to hear you run at the mouth trying to tell me what you HYPOTHESIZE

I can tell you right now that your attitude shows your agenda..

I have a pretty damn good idea of what im talking about

I don't know, if you did know what you were talking about you would have responded to my post.

Read what I posted and then try responding again.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I did respond.........you just didnt like the answer..........

Same reason you had no good answer to my post about your problem with names........except more propaganda.......

Move on kid

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I have been quietly watching this thread, just because I am very interested in terrorism and anything to do with the Middle East. I tend not to voice to much off an opinion because the debates i get into are complex to say the least, and allot of people on here seem to think that Al-Qa’ida are either fake, a off shot of the CIA so what’s the point. Anyway way I happen to think that you and “little secret” are both wrong to some extent but that’s not a debate I want to get into too. All I have is one question:

What were you doing in Pakistan?

[edit on 3-7-2010 by kevinunknown]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join