It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban fighters getting killed by small arms and aircraft

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

In this video which is graphic shows Taliban fighters fighting and force to retreat after suffering losses and wounded. What surprises me the most is they came back scared. They are doing in the name of Allah right? Paradise awaits yet they are scared of it!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
The Taliban needs to workon their recruiting. Most of the fighters i saw looked extremely old.

No wonder they failed trying to storm the base, they forgot their walkers.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
www.liveleak.com...

What surprises me the most is they came back scared. They are doing in the name of Allah right? Paradise awaits yet they are scared of it!

Been in a war have you? Didnt think so.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

www.liveleak.com...

In this video which is graphic shows Taliban fighters fighting and force to retreat after suffering losses and wounded. What surprises me the most is they came back scared. They are doing in the name of Allah right? Paradise awaits yet they are scared of it!

You've to be the dumbest idiot in the world to think people are not scared of dying.

They are not fighting because they have the urge to go to heaven right now, they do it because their country have been invaded.

You come to New Zealand and try to occupy it, you will see me with an AK47.

And yes I will say those who die fighting the occupying force will go to heaven, do you know why? Because it gives you moral up boost.

You ignorance and lack of understanding amuses me.

Edit to Add:
Don't forget, the Afghan resistance is fighting the world's strongest killing machine, they need moral support.

I like the fact that they fight and die for something other than money.

Not like the Occupying force.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by LittleSecret]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
This is a ridiculous thread.

What is the point of it?

A video of people dying in war.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

Well said littlesecret, as much as i despise religious extremism...the simple fact is that the taliban are doing what anyone of us would do if our country was invaded and imo have every right to do so. Although i will say that using the term 'taliban' is becoming ridiculous, the majority of groups fighting in Afghanistan right now are not one unified force. It's just easier for the media and gullible public to label them all 'taliban'. It's sad for me to say that they have every right to force out a foreign occupier as i have friends over there right now and want to see them back safely with no harm coming to them...but taking a step back and looking at the situation without any emotions and it is a very simple and basic right to be able to defend your country from a foreign invader.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Respectfully I ask you to take a good long look into the eyes of that young lying dead man at the end of the video you posted.

I ask you to forget for the moment that he is from another country and culture and who was up to the moment of his death looking to inflict death on western troops and I ask you simply to pause the video and look deeply into his eyes.

If you really look and see what it is I respectfully ask you to see, I promise you that you will not be feeling so blasé over the pointless death of men who would do whatever any one of us would do if our own country had been invaded and occupied. When I looked into that mans dead eyes I felt a melancholy sadness and a disgust that in this age so many here in the west can still enjoy the tragic loss of a human life like it is as simple as a red and blue team in some online frag-fest.

These people you seem to find amusement in their death and maiming are not ‘your’ enemy they are the enemy of those that have subverted their land and installed a puppet government. They are the enemy of the agents of this effort from top to bottom. Would you not do all you could to kill the invader of your own country even if the invader said that they only wished to make life fair and to make freedom open to all?

How would you feel for instance to hear that in the next town a group of wedding guests had just been blown to hell by an unmanned drone or that the installed puppet government in your occupied country had become famous for corruption? How would you feel to discover that foreign geologists under Special Forces protection had found one trillion dollars worth of resources in ‘your’ land?

I am not naive and I have served on active duty for my country twice but had I known then what I know now - I would have told my government to cram my rifle where the sun does not shine.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
A good Taliban fighter is a dead Taliban fighter. I am glad to see these scum getting their asses served to them on a plate.

This is a war, i don't sympathize with the enemy that wants me dead.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

If you took pleasure from watching that video then you should hang your head in shame and be embarrassed.

Supposedly we in the west are supposed to have the moral high ground. Well....we lost that a long time ago. Your comments certainly prove that. I don't know what country you're from but I hope you never have to suffer in the same way as many in Afghanistan now do.

They are humans, they have emotions and families and lives. They are not animals to be slaughtered or vermin to be culled.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret

www.liveleak.com...

You've to be the dumbest idiot in the world to think people are not scared of dying.

They are not fighting because they have the urge to go to heaven right now, they do it because their country have been invaded.

You come to New Zealand and try to occupy it, you will see me with an AK47.

And yes I will say those who die fighting the occupying force will go to heaven, do you know why? Because it gives you moral up boost.

You ignorance and lack of understanding amuses me.

Edit to Add:
Don't forget, the Afghan resistance is fighting the world's strongest killing machine, they need moral support.

I like the fact that they fight and die for something other than money.

Not like the Occupying force.

Agreed I only hope that when the day comes, as surely it will, Merkins fight the forces of the fascist Empire with such gusto.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
A good Taliban fighter is a dead Taliban fighter. I am glad to see these scum getting their asses served to them on a plate.

This is a war, i don't sympathize with the enemy that wants me dead.

Well then get your ass to a recruitment office and sign up for Mountain forces or Marines (tm) otherwise you is a hypocritical Chicken hawk.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I have been a pacifist all my adult life, but when it comes to the Taliban I shed no tears.

They have no respect for their own people, there are many videos around of them beating women for showing an ankle and stoning for adultery as well as recently hanging a boy boy about 10 for spying.

I save my tears for the innocent civilians caught up in all wars and conflicts caused by those in power be it political or religious.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
I have been a pacifist all my adult life, but when it comes to the Taliban I shed no tears.

They have no respect for their own people, there are many videos around of them beating women for showing an ankle and stoning for adultery as well as recently hanging a boy boy about 10 for spying.

I save my tears for the innocent civilians caught up in all wars and conflicts caused by those in power be it political or religious.

Unfortunately those kind of abuses go on all over the world, bombing and shooting those self same women is not going to sort out any countries social practises and norms of behaviour, the US has very close allies that treat women much worse than Afghanistan or Iran, hell there are countries in Europe that treat women worse than Iraq did.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
As some have already stated, I think we would all do well to remember that not everyone fighting over there is the 'enemy' that you think. The 'enemy' who wants to kill or convert you and your children. Just because the media and government groups them together under one banner does not make it so. Some of these people - perhaps even most, I don't know - are ordinary people, simply fighting to save their country from invaders. To say that anyone with dark skin and a gun is terrorist, Taliban scum is somewhat foolish.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

Ever been deemed a hypocrite have you? I think so. The Taliban always make propaganda videos about how brave they are yet this video shows that they are scared of dying. So let me ask you this. What was all that crap about martyrdom? Dying to win. I guess its easier to kill Afghan civilians than it is to kill American troops when they don't shoot back. Of course there are cases when Afghans do fight back against the Taliban.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Bravo, then you can tell me why so many Afghans are been killed by the Taliban than by ISAF? Are the Afghans the occupiers then? Explain that?

By the way don't call a person idiot because that just tells me something about you.
Angry. Do you call a person idiot when in discussion in class? I guess thats the teacher's rules.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If people were forced to see and SMELL killing as they ate their breakfast EVERY DAY TILL THE WAR WAS OVER ----there would be no more wars.

These are people killing people,you fools,not guns and planes,these are lives we are all losing,these people are an important part of humanity and it is not ok to sit back and watch and express our petty ,undeserved opinions without FIRST CONDEMING THE ACTION ON BEHALF OF HUMANITY AS A WHOLE.

We all know bloody well that there should be a global democracy already and none of these little despot terrorist countries would exist and wether anyone likes it or not the US,CHINA,INDIA,CANADA,ENGLAND,RUSSIA,these are all the most civilised countries on the planet--BUT ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH---WE ARE SIMPLY THE SPOKES OF THE WHEEL.

We all must go to bed conflicted in our hearts,BECAUSE WE KNOW I AM RIGHT.

We cant live pure lives with the knowledge that humanities future is not secure without a global democracy.

Every human on earth must be recorded and their names must be heard and written somewhere,just as their voices,EACH SINGLE ONE must be heard as loudly as yours and mine,it is OUR JOB TO ENSURE THIS HAPPENS BEFORE WE DIE OUR NATURAL DEATHS.

And fighting is not the easy way as our governments are well aware,it is the hard way,if the money spent on the current war had been spent on initiating a global democracy using the fiscal impetuous of that much cash we would be half way there already.

All of our world leaders are aware of the need for a global democracy,so why arent we hearing about it?

Get pissed off at the fact you are treated like a mushroom,kept in the dark and fed pure bull#.

Your lifestyle and your homes will never be safe again as long as there are other humans on the planet who KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE -----AND THEY HAPPEN TO NEED SOME OF IT.

While the MAJORITY OF THE PLANET was living in the dark without acess to REAL-TIME information about current world conditions and events,WE ALL HID OUR WEALTH AND OUR SELFISHNESS,its ok those things are part of growing the past is forgiven BUT THE FUTURE IS SPOKEN FOR---WE HAVE A JOB AND THESE RAGHEADS ARE REMINDING US TO DO IT ---THATS ALL.

They only have one forum to voice their opinions,they dont want to die.

We could have given EVERY HUMAN in that country a cell phone with a sattelite uplink so they could be heard and learn what we can learn,so they could hear what the world thinks,SO THEY COULD FEEL LIKE THEY HAVE A VOICE---BUT WE HAVENT DONE THAT.

This is not about politics or terrorism,this is about a country expressing its NEED to the world.

An attack against a way of life is a PLEA FOR EQUITY,NOT AN AGRESSIVE INTENT.

We all need to listen and not kill any more people.For gods sakes look at where these people live,HOW they live.We are NOT trying hard enough to help them,we arent even mad at them for the acts of terror anymore.

So why again arent we helping?How many countries need to go kill people there before we start to help.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by one4all]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

What drew me to thread was mention of aircraft. I won't watch it. I thought to mention that there's a lot of pinpoint killing going on using drones. I hear they are controlled from bunkers in Arizona, no source on this. One time they droned a funeral service for a terrace, killing a bunch of mourners. Thermobaric ballistics give yet another grisly option, that of dialing in a distance for where you wish the oxygen hungry load to implode, ripping air from the lungs of anyone in the zone, whether behind a dune, in a cave etc....

All very grim and unmentioned in media outlets.

I recall at the primaries...Hillary was debating fiercely for lead position. At this point she was breaking down and starting to use a very definite threat against obama, which she never unveiled. She was debating war or perhaps economic prosperity when she began elaborating at length how good it would be to feed the manufacturing infrastructure, but the immediate thing at hand on topic was predator drones....and she was indirectly referring to these devices (there was low popularity for the war(s) at this point in time) and strongly hinting at us doing a remote control war through jobs at building remote guns, and not butter. She was saying things like 'Americans are very good at building specialized tech devices.' It was very clear that drones were these devices and it was very quickly dropped or passed over as a debate issue.

As for fear...yes, always, but especially when the point is not with meaning. Imagine how our guys feel, though many times their opponents in arms, tech...?

Above all...it is a job.

One natural outgrowth of an expanded drone industry would be domestic use of them.

What if you miss???

[edit on 3-7-2010 by davidmann]

[edit on 3-7-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Bravo, then you can tell me why so many Afghans are been killed by the Taliban than by ISAF? Are the Afghans the occupiers then? Explain that?

By the way don't call a person idiot because that just tells me something about you.
Angry. Do you call a person idiot when in discussion in class? I guess thats the teacher's rules.

What??

#1.
Don't call them Taliban, call them the resistance.
#2.
What??
#3.
It wasn't Afghans who invaded Afghanistan, it was the greedy empire who just recently pronounced that there is trillions worth minerals in Afghanistan.
#4.
What??
#5.
It is called resistance, resisting the occupying force, the greedy empire, the oppressive empire.
#6.
The empire has made Kabul the capital of druggies.
#7.
Before the empire stepped in to Afghanistan, there was no corruption.
#8.
Before the empire stepped in to Afghanistan, crime was mute.
#9.
Before the empire stepped in to Afghanistan, drug was mute.

U.N. drug control officers said the Taliban religious militia has nearly wiped out opium production in Afghanistan -- once the world's largest producer -- since banning poppy cultivation last summer.

Your thought:
"Bravo, then you can tell me why so many Afghans are been killed by the Taliban than by ISAF?"
That is like saying why so many people got killed after the invasion of Iraq.

To be exact over a million innocent people got killed in direct result of the empire's invasion.

That being said, what do you mean why so many Afghans are being killed by the resistance (not the Taliban).

That is idiotic the least, from what I have seen right now this month, I have seen 100 Western forces being killed. That is a bravo taking in to consideration the fact that the resistance is facing the world's most powerful killing machine.

Take in to consideration the weapons the resistance is using, take in to consideration the armory the resistance is using, take in to consideration the guided missiles the resistance is using, take into consideration the drones the resistance is using, take in to consideration the jets the resistance is using, take in to consideration the helicopters the resistance is using, take in to consideration the intelligence the resistance is using, the spies, the money, the etc. '
'

Do you even think>?

Do you even take one minute of your daily time to think about the sh1t you are talking about?

Or do you let FOX news do the thinking for you?

I don't know?

I don't know you?

You tell me, I'm eager to acquire more knowledge, even if that knowledge is in regards to an ignorant tool.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

When the U.S. asked them to hand over Bin Laden they said no. When the U.N. asked them not to blow up the statues of Budda they said no. So now when they attack a Nato base and get their @sses kicked we should feel bad, well I say NO.!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join