It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona governor says immigration leads to beheadings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Arizona governor says immigration leads to beheadings

rawstory.com

Our law enforcement agencies have found bodies in the desert, either buried or just lying out there, that have been beheaded," she says

Arizona's Republican governor is trumpeting her anti-immigration credentials as part of her re-election campaign --and her latest remarks about decapitation are sure to cause a firestorm.

Gov. Jan Brewer recently signed a new law that allows Arizona police officers to demand immigrants to produce documentation proving their legality.

In an interview with Fox News, Brewer said, "We cannot afford all this illegal immigration and everything that comes
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.arizonaguardian.com

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Absolutely something needs to be done about illegal immigration but lying and pandering to the fears of Arizona citizens just to make a bit of political capital is wrong on so many levels.
I can just see all those poor old folks in Sun City afraid to go out and get fresh depends because they are afraid the Mexicans will cut their heads off.
Arizona has plenty of problems that could be used by Gov. Jan to use for political gain; this tactic just seems tacky.

rawstory.com

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Wow. So the MSM wants us to think that our neighbors, in Mexico, are the same shrouded terroritsts that behead so called infedels?

This is almost as bad as bringing spies back into the mix to scare old people to death.

Considering the drug trade is typically a government sponsored event, to fund their secret wars, I have no doubt that a fellow or two came to horrible deaths in that there desert.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by zroth]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Is Gov. Jan stretching the truth?

www.arizonaguardian.com...:county-coroners-cant-back-brewer-beheadings-claim&catid=937:campa igns-a-elections-fp

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
here's another one. these guys actually called the coroners office lol

Brewer Falsely Claimed Immigrants Beheaded People In Arizona

this is bull-pucky. i dont know why we cant solve immigration issues without scaring the crap out of the populace. probably because the idea isnt to control immigration, but to use it to foster more fear and take away more liberties.
kind of like our wars on terrorism.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Uh, in fact, this DOES happen.

It's the drug cartels who do this kind of stuff. These people use extreme violence to scare police, politicians, and citizens into submission. It's effectively terrorism and should be treated as such.

Edit to add:
WARNING! EXTREMELY GRAPHIC!
giovanniworld.files.wordpress.com...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Seriously? You actually buy in to this?

You don't think for one second that she was illustrating the violence associated with the drug smuggling trade?

You honestly think that Raw Story, that bunch of wheezing liberal hacks, aren't trying to perpetrate the most childlike scam in trying to purport that what Brewer was really trying to say is that illegal immigrants chop off people's heads?

Come on, get real.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Retseh]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by zroth

Is Gov. Jan stretching the truth?

www.arizonaguardian.com...:county-coroners-cant-back-brewer-beheadings-claim&catid=937:campa igns-a-elections-fp

The source you provide says that all of those counties say they have not investigated an "immigration-related" crime involving a beheading.

Question: If the crime is unsolved, how would an investigator know that the crime was perpetrated by an "immigrant" or not?????

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Absolutely something needs to be done about illegal immigration but lying and pandering to the fears of Arizona citizens just to make a bit of political capital is wrong on so many levels.
I can just see all those poor old folks in Sun City afraid to go out and get fresh depends because they are afraid the Mexicans will cut their heads off.
Arizona has plenty of problems that could be used by Gov. Jan to use for political gain; this tactic just seems tacky.

rawstory.com

Interesting comment...and while searching for some depends the old folks were reading this!

"21 die in Mexican gang gun battle near Arizona border

Full Story:

I don't want to be alarmist but....please acknowledge we have a war going on at our border....and need to act accordingly.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The drug cartels are using fear and terror tactics to keep the general population in the different towns and areas of Mexico under control and out of the way. This is leading to an influx of refugeess, and those who are part of the cartels into the US. The problem is that this is starting to spiral out of control. I saw a report on fox news and went looking to see the conformation, about bullets from Mexico, hitting a building in the US, and these were high caliber rounds. It is only a matter of time, before we start seeing the death of American citizens on our own soil, and something tells me by that time it will be too late, as the drug cartels will be firmly entrenched in the US. It will result in martail law along the border cities and states, to prevent the outbreak of more violence, yet the federal government will initially be slow to move and take action.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Why are people having such a hard time understanding that we have a criminal problem down here in Arizona that is facilitated by illegal immigration, something that itself is an illegal act, otherwise we'd be calling it legal immigration, and trust me, that does exist and we welcome it.

If you commit a crime, or are suspected of committing a crime in Arizona from July 29th onward, the police will be allowed to ask you to prove if you are here legally - it's as simple as that - no roadblocks, no random stopping of Latinos, no raids on Mariachi parties, no jackbooted thugs kicking in doors at some little girl's birthday party - just suspected criminal behavior.

Imagine how it is right now - tonight our streets will see the usual drunken carnage associated with every Friday night in Phoenix, and the police will arrest the usual collection of suspects, many of them with no license, no insurance, and no Englese - but they cannot ask them if they are here illegally. They book them, release them on bail, and we never see them again - until next time.

Now, that same person will be locked up until he or she can prove they are here legally, all you need is a drivers license, if you have forgotten it (itself a crime by the way) then a relative or friend can have it down to the police station in 30 minutes and you're out free, until you have to answer the moving violation of course. But if you don't, then yes, you are in trouble, and rightly so.

So which is it to be, us first, or them first?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Don't forget the "rape trees"...

Story: www.latina.com...

Video: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Beheadings are common amongst Mexican Gangs/Smugglers

The Politician only wants to use the atrocious act as a reason and a symbol (to oppose inhuman acts) as her image. To be against human violence. Us electing her will not stop the beheadings...

Something has to be done about the Mexican gangs... but does anything really beleive anything will be done? MS13 or whatever the gang is is prevelent in all big cities of the US... they pretty much Dominate Los Angeles and many others in California.

People become cowards when approached by power... even if it is corrupt they will not take a stand. This is why the U.S. is sinking in a hole... and this is why petty little drug addicts and dealers are causing some much death and sadness in mexico and the U.S.

Mexico needs to build a border to protect the U.S. Why should we build the border... because we have more money? Not anymore. Mexico's Turn.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Perhaps Gov Brewer fell asleep watching Breaking Bad and her brain was somehow imprinted with a false memory.

What is she going to say next, the heads are being sold for pinatas at the remates to be used for illegal childrens' birthday parties? So don't send your child to a birthday party!

Yes. Yes, there is a problem, but stick to the facts, just the facts, ma'am.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
considering that drug cartels behead people in mexico, i dont find it hard to believe that they would do it here.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

you, sir, are deflecting the issue at hand. this thread is not about the AZ law (which i know a lot of people like to argue against and/or defend), its about whether or not people are being decapitated INSIDE AZ. just because this politician helped put a law into place that you agree with doesnt mean you have to defend everything she says.

this also isnt about gang fights CLOSE TO the border of AZ, or bullets hitting buildings in the US. these are all very very serious, and we do have a serious problem with immigration, but as far as i can tell from multiple news sources, she is stretching the truth.

just for the record, I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE AZ LAW. you guys have a right to protect yourselves, but please do so with a reasoned mind and cool head. remember what hot-headed thinking got us after 9/11?
warrantless wire tapping, increased monitoring of the internet, and two incredibly long-lasting wars.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mooseinhisglory

which news sources have you used? i would be interested in reading them.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Possibly the governor's remarks were a little hot-blooded...but beheadings do tend to make people EXCITED...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mooseinhisglory

I am sorry to say you seem to be missing the point. Cartel violence includes beheadings, the rape trees, gunshots from high caliber rifles hitting across the border. The US is going to see a type of inhumanity it likes to pretend does not exist. Bad news, it does! The everyday illegal maybe like everyone else. But the cartels who aid them crossing are not. The members of these cartels are violent and are falling into a cycle of atrocities. Even if the Mexican drug problem stopped today we would still see some vicious things being done by those who are addicted to killing.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

I was vilified on another board once for daring to say that living in my neighborhood in SE Pennsylvania was seeming like living in a third world country!

You see it! When will people wake up and see that we are going down to that level?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join