It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Suggests BP Literally Covering Up Oil Damage on Louisiana Beaches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Video Suggests BP Cover-Up

There's no question that BP has lied extensively over the past few months about the growing Gulf oil disaster. The company has bullied journalists, fudged numbers, and even deployed fake journalists to the Gulf to write about how everything is fine. Now BP may be literally trying to cover up oiled beaches by dumping sand on top of them.

The video below, filmed by Judson Parker of Save Our Shores Florida, purportedly shows oil sandwiched between two layers of different types of sand. According to Parker, local deputies confirmed that BP dumped sand onto the Grand Isle, Louisiana beach and attempted to smooth it over. But Wayne Keller, the Exeuctive Director of the Grand Isle Port Commission, doesn't know anything about it. "I'm not aware of that being done anywhere on Grand Isle," he tells FastCompany.com. I know we're trucking in sand to build berms to keep oil out of the estuary, but that's it."

A quick tip to BP: we see what you're doing. And if this just another attempt to make the oil disaster seem trivial, it won't work.

Video is in link. I'm not certain if this is a literal cover up with sand or whether this is the result of natural processes. Perhaps someone from a coastal area could offer an opinion.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Tjhe only thing that gets me, is wouldn't it be much more effort to dump sand, than simply scrape the oil up? Maybe not. If what he says is true, about the comment of trucking sand in to build berms, then that is definitely suspect. Actually, this whole scenario is believable, other than the seemingly greater effort to oave the beaches with sand, rather than scrape them up.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I noticed the guy int he video compared the hardness of the oil layer to asphalt, that's kinda creepy given the wide spread speculations about BP having drilled into one of these asphalt volcanoes. Is it normal for spill oil to harden to that kind of density in a month's time?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

I don't see why it wouldn't hard when mixed with sand, water and heat from the sun. In fact, I would expect it to harden.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Sooo...

Could the conditions seen in the video happen by natural processes or does this suggest someone dumping fresh sand over oil contamination?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Please see this:

July 1st, Leonard Acosta who is a supervisor for the cleanup crew took a shovel and scooped up sand in numerous places on the beach, a solid layer of tar was found about 8inches deep EVERYWHERE he shoveled!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
yeah at pensacola beach florida they are just burrying most of the oil under sand as well, of course there mainly are just small tar balls scattered around smaller than baseballs, but if you are fine with just burrying it under a couple inches of sand and letting your kids play there(beaches are still open), then go for it!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
yeah at pensacola beach florida they are just burrying most of the oil under sand as well

Who is "they"? These are BP contractors?

I can only guess the EPA is nowhere on such "clean up" sites.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
BP is in fact dumping sand on the beaches and covering the oil. It is in fact creating a hard asphalt like layer below.

Who knows maybe this is on purpose..to make clean up with bulldozers easier after it hardens? I just don't know. What I do know is if they have not claimed as such...then it is a cover up....no pun intended.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

well i'm guessing it's BP who is paying them, all i know is they work for 15 to 20 minutes and take 30 minute breaks frequently...

i heard of union workers being lazy and demanding breaks and whatnot, as well as i am aware that working in a toxic suit in the florida sun is not all that fun, but these are the laziest workers i've seen, and i've worked construction (electric) so i know long and hard work days and how people with real work ethic handle large work loads

these people are either lazy, or never in their life had to handle such a work load

on top of that, they are not even contributing to solving the problem anyway because they are simply burrying everything in inches of sand

[edit on 7/2/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
BP is in fact dumping sand on the beaches and covering the oil.

Thank you for posting this.

This is the same video in the link, but the link video was not in the YouTube format.

Thanks again

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This video was posted in the thread: Snow Plows Ready To Move Cars for Evacuation

While only small areas seem to be effected - boy when they're hit... they are hit hard. This looks like a freaking landfill or something.

top topics

join