It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winged (Angelic) Symbolism in U.S. Politics

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Well, I wish you luck with your book. I hope it does very well and makes the New York Times Best Seller List.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
These photos are INTENTIONAL and designed to put subliminal images into peoples' minds; thus creating impressions in associating with these images as something divine, which is quite the opposite.

These images represent nothing more than `flights of fancy` for the faithful worshippers of political figureheads (i.e. Obama and pals).

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

These photos are INTENTIONAL and designed to put subliminal images into peoples' minds; thus creating impressions in associating with these images as something divine, which is quite the opposite.

It would only take someone of a extremely weak mind to associate these images with divinity.

Most of us see a picture as it is, it's a picture of Obama, and a picture of Holder, most of us would not associate anything miraculous, nor mistake these people for anything but what they are.

Fact of the matter is, it's only been the Right wing that has tried to symbolize Obama as some sort of divine manifestation, and has used every single thing they can to try and personify that image.

[edit on 7/2/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

This "angelic" symbolism has started to show up --- very obviously--- in the medical industry as well.

The latest imagery I have noticed is that atop the caduces, the "pole" extends to have angel wings and a head shape at the top.

The supplies, like medicine cups, for example, are beginning to carry this insignia.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

It's always had that.

The caduceus ☤ (pronounced /kəˈdjuːsiəs, -ʃəs/ kə-DEW-see-əs, from Greek kerykeion κηρύκειον) is a herald's staff, a symbolic object representing Hermes (or the Roman Mercury), and by extension trades, occupations or undertakings associated with the god. It is today typically depicted as a short staff entwined by two serpents in the form of a double helix, and is sometimes surmounted by wings. This staff was was also borne by Iris, the messenger of Hera.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Fact of the matter is, it's only been the Right wing that has tried to symbolize Obama as some sort of divine manifestation, and has used every single thing they can to try and personify that image.

There are Facts and then there are Wukky facts and never the twain shall meet.

Consider this painting by Alex Grey who is hardly an icon of the right, or this poster by Ray Noland, still not a right wing pundit, or this photo eerily reminiscent of the Messianic Transfiguration featured in New York Magazine, April 9, 2007.

Or, how about this cover of the angelic aura enshrined photograph of Barack Obama featured on the cover of the Rolling Stone, March 2008, or the illustration by Nola Lopez, and photograph by Damon Winter featured in the New York Times, or this official photograph of Barack Obama featured in The White House Blog, and the many more images of the man presented as a Messianic figure, not by the right, but by his own supporters and sycophants.

Wuk is my friend, and there is much to be admired about this wascally woodpecker, but facts are not his forte, and obviously things that get in the way of his own agenda.

Edit to Add: I don't know what went wrong with the Dream Poster by Ray Noland, but that link is not the one I found online, so I will try by just pasting it below:

www.creativerescue.org...
rimary_Election:The_Dream

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Jean Paul Zodeaux]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

The only one of those that could be construed as purposefully done to make Obama look divine is the white house blog one, I will give you that, but look at the source!

From the time that Obama was really running for office the right has tried to paint him as some sort of pseudo god for the left. Anyone with an IQ over 50 knows that Obama isn't god, nor is he the Anti-Christ.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The wings represent Horus, who is what the "eagle" on the US seal really is. The US version even has the sun disk above its head.

Check out the Austrian and Polish flags, the South African Government, South Australian Government and United Arab Emirates logos.

The Unites Nations Security Council.

It's even what the Nazi eagle represents.

[edit on 2/7/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I don't think that the O.P. is attempting to portray Obama as a god, and I think you know that. I also think you are being as usually stubborn as you tend to be, in denying that the Dream Poster by Ray Noland isn't an obvious attempt to place a halo around Obama, and that the New York Times Photo isn't an obvious attempt at religious imagery, or that the fund raising photo featured in the New York Magazine doesn't come with religious imagery. The Rolling Stones cover is more subtle but it is not a stretch to recognize that Obama is featured surrounded by a billowy aura.

Contrast that with the famous Time Cover of O.J. Simpson where his face was deliberately darkened to make him appear more menacing, and there should be no doubt that in this digital age, photographs can and are deliberately manipulated to create a specific response.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

www.worthpoint.com...

That's the US version, it looks similar, but there are some differences. Of course that's not the point of this thread. This thread is about how right wingers try and twist absolutely anything connected with this POTUS into some evil thing.

Pictures = THE MSM SEES OBAMA AS GOD RUN FOR THE HILLS AAAAHHH!

Speeches = WERE ALL GOING TO DIE IN A COMMUNIST GULAG RUN FOR THE HILLS AAAAAHHH!

Passing Legislation = HE'S DESTROYING AMERICA, RUN FOR THE HILLS AAAHHH!

Swatting a fly = HE'S GOING TO KILL US ALL RUN FOR THE HILLS AAAHHH!

I don't think that the O.P. is attempting to portray Obama as a god, and I think you know that.

No he is not, he is trying to portray the media as portraying Obama as god.

He even has twisted a national symbol of pride (the eagle) from what it is to dragons in order to fulfill this fantasy.

[edit on 7/2/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

This thread is about how right wingers try and twist absolutely anything connected with this POTUS into some evil thing.

Actually, this thread is about how photojournalists seem to want to portray one single President in a favorable light, and that light is often times Messianic in its imagery, and as far as right wingers trying to twist things, there is one particular left winger in this thread who has clearly made it his mission to twist the thread into something it isn't. Any guesses as to who that extremely progressive, sycophant of all things government, left winger is?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Actually, this thread is about how photojournalists seem to want to portray one single President in a favorable light, and that light is often times Messianic in its imagery, and as far as right wingers trying to twist things

They say an image is worth a thousand words, I have to concede that to the completely and totally delusional that it could be portrayed as "Messianic".

It's not to me, but, I don't feel that every single thing that this president does is completely evil or completely good.

there is one particular left winger in this thread who has clearly made it his mission to twist the thread into something it isn't. Any guesses as to who that extremely progressive, sycophant of all things government, left winger is?

Gee, I wonder who that could be.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Actually, this thread is about how photojournalists seem to want to portray one single President in a favorable light, and that light is often times Messianic in its imagery, and as far as right wingers trying to twist things, there is one particular left winger in this thread who has clearly made it his mission to twist the thread into something it isn't. Any guesses as to who that extremely progressive, sycophant of all things government, left winger is?

Thanks for acknowledging this thread's original intent.

I was hoping a few level heads would cross through here, after my having to deal with these foaming Obamatons rushing to the defense of their idol.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

So I imagine that when the press agreed to photograph FDR in a way to not show his wheelchair that must have been them trying to show FDR as a god too right?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
So I imagine that when the press agreed to photograph FDR in a way to not show his wheelchair that must have been them trying to show FDR as a god too right?

Pull your Wukky-head out of your mighty ass and give it up. You want this to be a thread about your favorite token black man, but it aint happening. I'm more interested in the psychology behind winged politicians in general.

Now, regarding FDR, no, the press agreed not to shoot him in his wheelchair because they respected his wishes. FDR despised the goddamned wheelchair and tried to hide it from public view whenever possible.

The fact that they went ahead and built a statue of him actually sitting in the wheelchair in Washington is an insult to FDR's memory. He would hate the memorial like poison. To him, the chair was a constant reminder of weakness, and he hated it.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
If you want to see some actual mytho-poetic craziness going in in the American media check out Glenn Beck's series on your Founding Fathers! It's like he is trying to build a creation myth for the United States.

I don't see how the eagles equates to either angelic or demonic imagery though, they are obviously bald eagles behind the speakers, so perhaps this is avian imagery instead? Could someone please explain how this is specifically supernatural in origin?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

You want this to be a thread about your favorite token black man, but it aint happening. I'm more interested in the psychology behind winged politicians in general.

Please, token black man?

The only psychology at play here is an overactive imagination by the OP to distort innocent photographs to demonize both the press and these men without cause, it's a delusional manifestation of an inborn hatred.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
The wings represent Horus, who is what the "eagle" on the US seal really is. The US version even has the sun disk above its head.

Check out the Austrian and Polish flags, the South African Government, South Australian Government and United Arab Emirates logos.

The Unites Nations Security Council.

It's even what the Nazi eagle represents.

[edit on 2/7/10 by NuclearPaul]

Can you prove this at all? I mean they are all birds, and all eagles, but Horus was a falcon not an eagle, and it is pretty clear that the birds represented here are in fact eagles.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
Can you prove this at all? I mean they are all birds, and all eagles, but Horus was a falcon not an eagle, and it is pretty clear that the birds represented here are in fact eagles.

It doesn't matter what species of bird it used, it's the symbology that counts. Our State Government here calls it a "piping shrike".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1cff766347e6.jpg[/atsimg]

Do you honestly think that the US eagle does not represent Horus?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy

The falcon, the eagle, and the owl are all birds of prey.
In biblical scriptures the eagle and the vulture is used interchangeably in some passages.

Perhaps it is an allegorical message in that they are all predators?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join