It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winged (Angelic) Symbolism in U.S. Politics

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
Can you prove this at all? I mean they are all birds, and all eagles, but Horus was a falcon not an eagle, and it is pretty clear that the birds represented here are in fact eagles.

It doesn't matter what species of bird it used, it's the symbology that counts. Our State Government here calls it a "piping shrike".

Do you honestly think that the US eagle does not represent Horus?

Yes I honestly do not think that the Bald Eagle represents Horus because you've offered no proof except a bunch of pictures of different birds with their wings stretched towards the sky. There are common elements of design, but not anything I would see as evidence of a mythological link.

This would be like saying that since Japan has the sun on their flag they must worship Apollo. It's a hell of a jump to a conclusion. Now if you can give me some facts then I can get somewhere with this, but right now it sounds like a bunch of conjecture because you really like Horus yourself.

I'll buy the idea that nations like to use birds of prey as their national mascots, because that makes sense, they soar through the air, look majestic and are quite graceful, all good qualities to have in a mascot. They can be awe-inspiring, like the UK's Lion, Russia's Bear and China's Dragon, these are really great national icons, something the people can get behind.

For the life of me I still don't get why Canada has a bloody beaver, seriously mates, why not a mountain lion or killer whale or something like that?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

For the life of me I still don't get why Canada has a bloody beaver, seriously mates, why not a mountain lion or killer whale or something like that?

Really? You don't know?

Wink as good as a nudge, know what I mean? Wink wink, Nudge nudge.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

The eagle I would call coincidence, since it is a symbol of the nation. The things in Obama's hands....were those actually there, or did someone add them in later? If there, what the heck are they? Figurines? If so, what was the purpose?? That's what I want to know.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

www.worldofstock.com...

Those are eagles on top of the flag poles, they are often used in speeches.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
The eagle I would call coincidence, since it is a symbol of the nation. The things in Obama's hands....were those actually there, or did someone add them in later? If there, what the heck are they?

Just another coincidence. Like these.

And don't worry about losing your "eagle" if a one world government takes over. There's no way they won't use it, they'll just change it a bit so all the stupid people think it means something different...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join