It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virgin Airlines Names New Airline After Rapper Drake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Recently Sir Richard Branson of Virgin Airlines named his first flight from Canada to LAX "Air Drake" after the new musical phenomenon Drake. This comes just days after Drake accepted an award on stage with a t-shirt on that apparently was UFO's circling the Great Pyramids. I'll also add Sir Branson is the man offering pedestrian rides to space and has "openly" built a UNDERGROUND space landing base on Mexico...Also I'll add Branson is located in the "MATRIX Court" of his corporate headquarters..Theres much much more, but I'll let you guys take it from here.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Or is it Drake as in the dragon. You know, big flying reptiles.

Sorry I couldn't resist. It was an easy connection.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
No it's really Drake, him and Branson rode on the first flight together and had an after party when they landed...I wonder though how did this come about..I doubt he was a Drake fan and knew he was from Canada, thus named it Air Drake..after all he's a beyond middle aged man from England..so they had to have some connection outside the realm of hip-hop music in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
what a joke! c'mon Branson I expect better from the man who signed the controversial Sex Pistols back in the day.

at least name it after Iron Maiden since Bruce Dickenson is a pilot!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATLien
after all he's a beyond middle aged man from England..so they had to have some connection outside the realm of hip-hop music in my opinion.

Maybe, but you do know WHO he is, right? He and his companies have had there dipping sticks in the music industry since the 1960's.

Virgin Records is a British record label founded by English entrepreneur Richard Branson, Simon Draper, and Nik Powell in 1972. It was later sold to Thorn EMI in 1992. Its American operations were merged with Capitol Records in 2007 to create the Capitol Music Group.

en.wikipedia.org...

Not so hard to fathom that he still has an "ear" for music, no matter how "hip" you think it is or how "old" you think he is.

My $10 is that it will come down to business, he will sing a jingle or do an ad for Virgin records....errr. I mean Virgin Airlines....errr I mean Virgin Galactic.

Dorian Soran

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Found a picture of hit next to the plane.
Also, whats with the weird handshake in the second picture???

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Yea..that's got to be the weirdest handshake I've ever seen..no idea if its related to something or just 2 idiots who dont know how to properly shake hands.

new topics

top topics

join