It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britney Spears 'Beat Child With Belt'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

My cat behaves better then this kid, and it is due to the fact that after she scratched and bit me the first time, i made sure who is the boss under this roof. Now we never have confrontations again, and we both love eachother. This works also with humans

[edit on 7/1/2010 by above]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

i saw this sad excuse for a story on the msn popup. i didnt realize it was a slow day at the office.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer
when does disciplining your child become child abuse?

Probably when they start disciplining and they're wrong

Some kids are morons and might need some sort of discipline, others can be in the right and still get in trouble by crazy parents.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

My mother used to belt the hell out of me up to the age of 17. After that she let life beat me.

Is this child abuse? Don't know, the belt itself isn't, but I bet there is more to this story than is being revealed in the article. Spears is a nut job anyhow.

You can take the girl out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the girl.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I was a bit of a bastard as a kid and diserved more than a belt, wich in some cases i got, thing is though it never worked on me personally and wouldnt see the point in hitting my kids with any object, that said i wouldnt question any other parent using this method as in some cases im sure it works

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

I agree with your post completely. The bodyguard has a bone to pick with Spears, most likely.

My father beat me with a belt, and I had blisters to hide from my classmates. There's a LOT better way to discipline kids and the belt is the lazy way out and teaches kids that violence is the answer. I thought my dad HATED me. I still wonder.

I don't have a problem with a smack but there's no need for TOOLS. If you're going to hit your kid, you should know how it feels.
But making them pay consequences is going to have much more of an impact than momentary pain and won't be as damaging to the psyche.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Look at kids and young adults now, since the government has stepped in and told us how kids can and can’t be raised, verses looking at adults over 30 who have been raised by more old school parents.

While I will never use a belt or anything else with my daughters (it’s because I don’t know my own strength) But I have the voice of a drill instructor. And they know that I will physically pick them up and place them in a time out. I have tapped my 3 year olds butt once, and it broke her heart. My wife was laughing cause at the time she was 2 and according to my wife, who watched the whole thing, stated that it was so light she couldn’t have possibly felt it though her diaper.

I personally believe that there are times when a single tap on the butt may be appropriate for discipline. Most of the older adults on here remember that one spanking in their life that made them think before acting out at a later time. I know I do.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Ah its a load of nonsense.

Everyone I know got slap of something as a child, weather it be wooden spoon or belt or whatever.

I also would think the word 'beats' is making it more than actually is, beats is a very strong word, its like she whipped him near to death. Not just a few slaps of it.

I got slap of numerous objects as a child, probably why I have some manners on me now

Stupid really getting imo.

Originally posted by azrael36
My parents used a belt. My mother would rarely spank us with anything. The phrase "wait til your father gets home" was really dreaded though.

Haha, I laughed out loud at that one, I remember that phrase alright.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by hunty]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I think the Gov should stay the he!! out of
disciplining our children.

I was beaten with a belt, saddle straps, wooden
sticks/switches, shoes and a host of other items
that were handy when I needed my ar$e tore
up. I deserved every whipping I got. He!!, I got
away with more than I should have.

I believe that is one thing wrong with society
today is parents scared to death to discipline
their own children for fear they will be taken away.
And that is just sad.

There was a story on ATS a while back where
a woman disciplined her child on an aircraft and
was charged with terrorism and lost her kids.
i thought that was the biggest crock of $h!+
I ever heard.

Disciplining kids is a right that belongs
to the parent ....... not the state

[edit on 1-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

Ahhh, the 'ol switch! Man those things sting! When my kids were young and got outta line i'd make them go outside and break one off to be whipped with. They hated that, and it worked.

My kids are awesomely good teenagers now. Make great grades and excel in school sports and have lot's of friends and good hearts.

I agree with this post sir!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
well anybody who has any sense can see this is a disgruntled ex employee trying to get back at her. beating with a belt wow if thats child abuse everybody i know myself included was abused. and the food allergy thing maybe she didn't find out about there allergy until then or some thing she gave them to eat had a hidden component that wasn't listed like chips fried in peanut oil . i have said it for years britney should raise her kids in her home state get them out of california. let them grow up and go to school with regular kids if she stays in cali they probably will be corrupted by the crazy mega rich kids there ie kardashians richies hiltons and what ever current flavor of spoiled stupidly rich kid there. but i rant . i see no crime on her part i think charges are just everyday life this guy is distorting to get back at her and to sell story to tabloid if he went to tabloid first he could be sued for slander.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

Good thing I don't care about pop stars. Kids misbehave, belt. Kid's behave, ice cream. This was the rule for me and will be the rule for future generations from me.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer

is disciplining your child with a belt child abuse?

i completely disagree. my mom used a belt on me when i was a kid.
it hurt but i was never going to die from it. today, i believe it was tough love and harbor no ill feelings towards my mom.

has anyone else being disciplined with a belt?
when does disciplining your child become child abuse?

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

Agree with you, i was disciplined also with belts, wood spoons, Brooms, etc, and i am not a psicotic killer neither a monstrous raping mutant this days! Im a normal pacific guy, that's enjoy the nature and love cats.
This just is big news because she is a star, nothing more. It's the price of be famous... ... ...

[edit on 1/7/10 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

Hitting is hitting no matter what! Could you get away with hitting an adult with a belt, but don't know enough about children and their difficult behavior at 2 on, to distract them, separate them, time out if necessary, one minute per age, at two its not my preferred method, simply dividing and conquering and distracting is. Talking to them. Helping them to make choices better, and problem solve about their turn taking, and really learning what life is about. There is quite a range in children regarding their temper tantrums, outbursts, behavior, they are going through more neurological changes and hormone bursts than a teenager, or comparative, its a huge thing. If this is true, she needs some parenting classes or education, and some love.

Many people consider spanking or hitting with anything abuse, by the way.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

The body guard trying to gain fame in this manner is absolutely mind boggling.

But then again look at what they did to Michael Jackson.

Sad, sad world.

I feel for Britney on this one.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by FuGGer

Kids misbehave, belt. Kid's behave, ice cream. This was the rule for me and will be the rule for future generations from me.

I fully endorse this philosophy
I think I will be adopting it for my kids when I have them some day. Personally, I was spanked when I did something really wrong, not stupid things but things that really deserved it. I am truly glad my parents disciplined me, it helped teach me right and wrong, control, responsibility and I can say this has led to a successful life so far. Was honor roll student throughout high school, have been able to get and hold down a job since I was 16 (have never gone more than 2 weeks without being employed since then), have two degrees and working on a third, bought my first house a couple weeks ago, and have been in an enjoyable and successful relationship with my girlfriend for the past 7 years. Most of this I attribute to the way in which my parents raised me with discipline and guidance. It taught me self respect, pride, perseverance, hard work, and never taking the easy way out (I refuse to ever take govt assistance and the like due to my own pride, I will find my own way to fix the problem and provide)

Discipline is a necessary part of childhood to show that if you do something wrong, there will be consequences. Yes, everyone has there own methods of discipline but it is important that it is actually enforced, otherwise we will keep seeing the constant lack of respect and discipline that seems so abundant in today's society.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Oh good grief. While I feel her kids are too small for a belt I'm all for spankings.

My dad spanked me bigtime with a belt until I was 15yrs old. Thank God he did. I was stubborn did not listen at all and was a mean kid. The only thing that kept me out of jail was probably my worries of hearing that belt rattle. My parents tried extra loving and attention and positive reenforcement to no avail. I did not have to spank my daughter. She listened and learned.

OMG The family was on a trip and I was constantly bugging my sister in the back seat of the car. My dad pulled over during rush hour traffic, on the expressway and tore my butt up!

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Bachrk]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hugging your child is effective in some situations. For a toddler running out in the street I would say spanking. Spankings should not leave a mark on their bum. Putting a favorite toy in time out can be effective. Rewarding good behavior with verbal praise, stickers, and candy can be a positive motivator. Someone once said never give the icecream away for free. Discussions at the kitchen table are helpful for telling kids the limits you expect. Loving your child is most important to having a happy smart healthy child. LOVE. It's that simple.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
You know I hate to bring this up: But Britney Spear is anything BUT a role MODEL parent, I bet you she in guilty of beating her kids, she has no skills as an adult.

One spoiled little brat with way to much money. I would have never given her kids back to her the last time. She is a freak!

The body guard says he quit due to her erratic behavior; Hmm I'd have to say I believe that, shes acting like a mental patient before. How about when she shaved her head. Or how about swinging the umbrella at cars and photographers?? I don't doubt the allegations for one second. In fact in lue of her actions in the past, if I was the state I'd be testing her for DRUGS!

No way around this, she has no ability other than money that takes care of those kids, she has never grown and never will.

Now as for disciplining you children: read the above and that is the reason why we have the problems of above, is due to no one holding children responsible for they're actions.

The problem of the society today, is everyone paying attention to themselves and nothing else.

My 0.02

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
If you can't discipline you're children without smacking them, you shouldn't have had kids. Being slapped around MESSED me up, not every kid gets out of it without scars, resentment and emotional problems. It instills SICKNESS of the mind and is a remnant of religious fundamentalism!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'm finding this hard to believe.
Judging by K-Fed's wardrobe, these people probably don't even own a belt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join