It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britney Spears 'Beat Child With Belt'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I was also given the belt as a young one and I'd like to believe I turned out OK.

My dad was drunk (and worse) a lot of the time, and the screaming, threats, and other assorted mindf***s were more terrifying than the physical belt itself in most cases, if I recall.

Since Ms. Spears seems, from my limited knowledge of her rather tragically melodramatic life, to be a bit mentally unbalanced and also posessing of a history of, erm, shall we say, the prolonged and deliberate derangement of the senses for kicks, that makes her potentially much more of a threat to the children in any number of ways than a belt per se, IMHO.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I don't really know how much beating is acceptable, but one things for sure, if you beat your kids, expect to get an ass-whooping in return once they get older. When I got to about 15, by dad tried to give me a belting again, but by that time, I could kick his ass all over the place. I feel bad about it now, but after 10 years of the belt, I had it all pent up.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Sorry but some kids need a good spanking. I know I did and I am a better person for it. Growing up can be tough and sometimes there is a fine line between fear and respect, but at the end of the day it is about making sure your kids do the right thing. I personally think the problem today with a lot of the younger generation is that no one has beat their backsides when they have truly deserved it.

Seriously.... if this was your kid don't you think a spanking with a belt would be in order? I sure do!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The difference between 'belt abuse' and a 'good old fashioned whipping' is the anger level of the adult administering the whoop-butt.

I got the belt a couple times from my Grandmother. Hurt like hell but, I knew I deserved it.
Afterward? I was like - 'Ok, I did a baaad thing, got caught, paid for it, now I can go out and play!' (Just don't sit down)!

I honestly believe those couple a rounds with Grandma and 'the belt' did hurt her as much as me.
I love and miss my Grandmother to this day and have never held another person in higher esteem than my Grandfather and she.

Then came my Step-father.
He beat me with a belt when enraged.

What a difference. Big big difference.

Especially when the belt falls on your body while words of anger and hate fall on your soul...

He's in his 80's now and I still remember.

He, does not.

peace

EDIT: On a Lighter Note...

Perhaps the bodyguard just heard ol'Brit practicing up to remake this Madonna classic?

Hanky Panky

"...before I get to cranky...you can just...spank me"

[edit on 1-7-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I think you guys are forgetting something very important here. We are not talking about some regular Joe on the street no one has ever heard of It's Britney "Crazy Ass" Spears. This is not the first time she has been accused of abuse. I don't think this is a good starting point for a debate on the use of a belt during child rearing. The woman is mentally unstable. You might want to find another person as a catalyst for the debate.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I don`t recall being hit , i do remember being threatened with " a few clips round the backside " though.

...... although now that i think of it .

I do remember doing that particular dance of trying to keep my arse as far away from my mother as possible while she held my arm ...in anticipation of that stinging clatter.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

I grew up with belts beating no only at home but school, my generation did well and grew up to be outstanding and productive member of society and raise our children to adulthood with no problems at all to be also outstanding young adults.

So the way that society wants children to grow up today we have seen the results in everyday lives.

Children respect no one including the own mothers and fathers.

You be the judge, abuse is abuse but discipline is just that discipline.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
I think you guys are forgetting something very important here. We are not talking about some regular Joe on the street no one has ever heard of It's Britney "Crazy Ass" Spears. This is not the first time she has been accused of abuse. I don't think this is a good starting point for a debate on the use of a belt during child rearing. The woman is mentally unstable. You might want to find another person as a catalyst for the debate.

While that is true, most people are kind of tired of the "don't spank" crowd. The rest of the world has to put up with those loud, screaming kids that need something to snap them back into this reality.

My oldest, who is now 18, was spanked 2 times in his life. And not any since he was 2. He usually did well with just talking to him, and was a model student and child.

My youngest, who is 12, only recently stopped getting spankings. He is now 6'0" tall, and weighs about 290. I just don't have it in me to enforce that, honestly. LOL. But he and i are very close, and he has developed a respect for logic. Once that happened, spanking was the least effective method. That was the time of major change for him, and our household. To say he is somewhat unruly is an understatement.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Wow, Just when I thought we were done hearing about this woman. Nothing against her personally I just really do not get the whole “we adore stars and need to know their lives” thing.

Okay, as for the OP I can see a few things here.
First, the bodyguard coming forward now seems a bit shady to me (I thought she lost her kids), would the father also have not heard about this by now?

Second, if used for one whack on the rear I am not sure I would call child abuse. I understand the difference between abuse and discipline because I have been though both. Discipline I learned from, abuse only served to trouble me.

And third because no one has linked it yet (yes the famous crying video).

Raist

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I have a five year old and we don't use the spanking method of discipline. We use the time out method and now we are taking stuff away forever if she doe certain things deemed inappropriate...like slapping,hitting kicking or spitting. All of these by the way are part of early childhood behavior. How the parents teach their children it is wrong is always a judgment call.

When I was younger my mother would hit me on the top of the head with a heavy wooden spoon ...then tell me I better not rub it....ouch!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Sick sick society. This is sick they will even investigate such things as using a belt to discipline your child.

On the other hand, if you feed your child so they really get ill, well that is sick.

Of course we dont know how severe the beating was, or the allergic reaction. If she beat them so long that they started bleeding all over, then it is out of line. If the allergy was something like the child not liking spicy food, and britney forcing them to eat it so they would grow up and learn to eat different tasting foods, then it is totally correct.

What do you think the reason for all the misbehaving kids are today? The fact the parents have grown up to be such sissiess due to all the restrictive laws they follow, that they are not fit to be parents and haven't learned how to live and take responsibility.

This is probably what the government has tried to accomplish with all the restrictive laws.

"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither" -Benjamin Franklin

[edit on 7/1/2010 by above]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Hey Spears, might I redirect you to that rehabilitation center again

On a serious note, I don't want to pass any judgment...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
I have a five year old and we don't use the spanking method of discipline. We use the time out method and now we are taking stuff away forever if she doe certain things deemed inappropriate...like slapping,hitting kicking or spitting. All of these by the way are part of early childhood behavior. How the parents teach their children it is wrong is always a judgment call.

When I was younger my mother would hit me on the top of the head with a heavy wooden spoon ...then tell me I better not rub it....ouch!

LOL, that sounds like a story i read by a man who grew up in a Tibetan monastery.

But regarding taking things away from kids....i have a question that i am interested in others input on: Does this promote greed and consumerism?

I have told younger parents who have asked me for my input, "Sometimes you give your kids something just so you can ground them from it." Not to be mistaken, i don't mean being cruel. I mean, provide your kids with cool stuff, but don't be afraid to take it away when they screw up.

But does this teach the intended lesson? Or are we applying adult concepts inappropriately to a child mind?

I don't ask this condescendingly, because as i said it is a tactic i use, too. Now, it is the only tactic used in our house.

For me, it is about what works to create the desired result. In my example, my oldest didn't get spanked, but also rarely received any discipline. He was like a golden child. But the youngest may be the death of me.
With him, i have to get his attention before he listens. Of course, like i said...it is getting better. He is receptive to logic now. When he was younger, not at all.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I deserved every spanking I got growing up...hand, wooden spoon, boat paddle by the principal, you name it.

Britney's punishment should be to drop 20 pounds, and then be subjected to belt across the bare backside broadcasted live on VH1.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Considering that it says that her boys were ages 3 and 4 when this happened and the fact that nobody knows exactly what happened I've got mixed feelings about this. I don't have much use for Brittany frankly... I think she needs help.

I don't remember when my parents started and stopped spanking and I can't ask anymore. I don't see spanking as a problem. Beating? Now that's a problem...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
When I was young, if I did something wrong, I was whipped with a belt, switch, hand, even the flat side of a butcher knife. Did I deserve it? Yes. I quickly learned that my behavior directly influenced the outcome of a situation. I have never been abused by my parents. Warnings were given and I soon learned why. When my behavior was appropriate we laughed together, had pleasant conversations, and were a very loving family.

Does every child need discipline like that? No. Some children understand and stop their behavior with just a conversation about it. Is it child abuse? Not if the child can't understand with just a conversation.

Look at the youth today. Yes I know every generation has said that. But it is true with every generation. In some ancient civilizations if a child disrespected their parents they where put to death. Point being, some children do not need to be whipped to understand their folly, but some do. People are different and learn different. Children are people.

There is no excuse for child abuse, but there is a difference between abusing a child just for one's own enjoyment and teaching a child, yes with a belt if need be, that what they did was wrong.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Meh....

I figured this might turn into a debate. There was a thread like this not to long ago.

Zero wrong with spanking your kids. Zero wrong with using a paddle, belt, spoon.

But, if the kid spilled milk and he gets whipped with a belt, ya that is extreme. If the kid told me to shut up, well he better be prepared to get the old but whipping.

Listen, I got my but beat when I was a kid. NOT abuse, just my butt whipped, and for good reason. WHen I was old enough (and big enough) to stand up to my parents, they started a different route......social life. Grounding, taking away the car, no money. That was WAY worse than a spanking. But it is different for everyone. What my parents did worked for me and them. I turned out great and I adore my parents.

You have to find the right punishment that works for the kid. If timeouts work, perfect. If it takes a good azz beating, then thats what it takes.

Now on to the story....

Is this bodygaurd really concerned about her kids? I mean I am sure he has seen some shady and crazy stuff with her. Now that he is the "FORMER" bodyguard, he comes out. Looks like someone fishing for some money to me. Although you have to talk to people in her circle. Just like you see here on this board, some people consider one form of punishment abuse, while others dont. If my duaghter started throwing a fit in the store (when she gets old enough, she is still the cute 7 months) and I said stop and she doesnt, I would spank her butt. Someone might see that in the aisle though and call the police because I was "beating my child".

So you have two issues here:
1. What does the bodyguard have to gain from this..
2. In what context were the kids being spanked?

By context, I mean did they spill milk and get beating like they were animals? Did they repeadetly not listen or tell their mom to shut up? Was she mercylessly beating them or giving them basic solid swats?

I dont think there is enough to go on here, but could use some looking into.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
** SINGS **

"Hit my baby one more time!"

Sorry, couldnt resist.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Discipline is a method used to TEACH a lesson.

Methods include time out, lecture, discussion, loss of toys privileges, and spanking. Children and adults often pay lip service to advice, BUT they always OBEY PAIN.

Pain can be psychological as in guilt and shaming or time out or it can be physical as in spanking.

Young children do not have the moral faculities to be able to put psychological pain in place so some parents use spanking.

I was a foster parent for ten years.
I dealt with children who were abused, mentally, emotionally, sexually and physically.

Most disciplined children do something they have been told not to do.
Abused children do not have to do anything wrong. To get/be abused.

If you were disobedient and got a spanking, spoon, belt, slap, or other physical contact and today you are still pouting about, then I suggest you go see a therapist, because you are still blaming mommy for sitting you on the potty correctly.

If you were abused then see a therapist for it is never too late to have a happy childhood, only this time it all depends on you.

If you as a parent choose to not use physical contact as a discipline method great for you.

If you choose to use corporal punishment then great for you.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

LOL. That was awesome.

Maybe we should call her.....Mommy Dearest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join