It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Way to go Bush!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Crap I have no idea where to begin. Well lets start off realistically, war is war. And people will die, innocent people, children are no exception.
It is sad, no child should die. But it happens, as far as the oil propaganda. I've seen no one answer the question "where is it at?" If you honestly think that the government would go in there for oil, you are not really thinking straight, Bush undoubted knew that people would say this is all about Oil, if so , don't you think he would also know that going over there and taking oil would satisfy that common belief? a good saying "If it was about Oil , we would have went to Mexico, there is more of it, and no one there to defend it " As far as the companies Like Halliburton and such, they are extremely large companies, honestly they are the only ones that could handle such a Job. And again a question comes to mind, why would we want to hire another country to do it, isn't that kind of economically stupid? Do you really believe those Kids, I say kids, 18, 19 , 20 , year old kids are over there taking pot shots at civilians, if you do, you are a true judgmental moron, they don't want to kill civilians. Saddam was a threat, that just it, he needed to be taken out. Again I hear the analogies, "well what if someone came into you home" # if I had a tyrannical dictator killing my family and raping my daughters, I would have a #ing cake waiting for my liberators. I could go on, I am too tired, come with the rebuttal, and I will write back. I am so tired I can�t think.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
Joker,

US is imperialistic. US is a warmonger. US is in it for all the Iraqi oil....

All I see are three things:

1) Americans over there trying to restore peace and order
2) Americans over there trying to rebuild a nation
3) Americans over there getting shot, kidnapped, and mutilated
4) Americans over there trying to get the job done and get the hell outta there as fast as possible

You can flip through the pages of any history book and look at images of war and see the same stuff and alot worse. Thats why they say "war is hell"....

[edit on 14-6-2004 by Pyros]

Couldn't agree more. I'm afraid that the obviously common inclination of Americans to see conspiracy, governmental lies, misinformation and dark purposes under every rock is the result of decades of trashy television and a culture that often cannot distinguish entertainment from reality. While there are certainly elements within all aspects of political life that deal in an underhand manner, I personally believe that the current administration is - for the most part - sincerely attempting to 'do the right thing'.

And a big (friendly, of course)
to everyone who now probably thinks I'm in cahoots with TPTB!!

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by illimey

Joker,

4) Americans over there trying to get the job done and get the hell outta there as fast as possible

You can flip through the pages of any history book and look at images of war and see the same stuff and alot worse. Thats why they say "war is hell"....

Couldn't agree more. I'm afraid that the obviously common inclination of Americans to see conspiracy, governmental lies, misinformation and dark purposes under every rock is the result of decades of trashy television and a culture that often cannot distinguish entertainment from reality. While there are certainly elements within all aspects of political life that deal in an underhand manner, I personally believe that the current administration is - for the most part - sincerely attempting to 'do the right thing'.

Uh Huh.

I disagree with these points..

America might have started a fight in the radical elements in Iraq due to its occupation after toppling the Sadam.

But the militants in that country are attacking both Coalition and Iraqi people on its own little terror campaigns while the handoff preperations are continuing.

Lets say the United States goes home, pulls out completely.. EVERYWHERE in the world.. Earthquake happens someplace and the US does nothing.. Then you will hear Screaming in the world community because it does nothing to help.

Its a Damned if you Do situation..

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kitanis

Joker,

Uh Huh.

I disagree with these points..

America might have started a fight in the radical elements in Iraq due to its occupation after toppling the Sadam.

But the militants in that country are attacking both Coalition and Iraqi people on its own little terror campaigns while the handoff preperations are continuing.

Lets say the United States goes home, pulls out completely.. EVERYWHERE in the world.. Earthquake happens someplace and the US does nothing.. Then you will hear Screaming in the world community because it does nothing to help.

Its a Damned if you Do situation..

Ummm...

Not quite sure how this can be true, but even though you disagreed with my points or the points I was making agreeing points about....

I agree with your points.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScoFe
You. Are. Not. Very. Bright. (Thread starter)

Good one!
Care to contribute to this thread or should we change the subject to Lego?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I am sorry to hear of your condition.
Having blind faith in your good hearted government surely is a virtue, I think.
However, my interpretation of 'reality' is not one directly resulting from trashy television or my inadequacy in seeing through the charade of what they call entertainment. Contrarily, I do believe that those who follow and suck it up day after day are the ones who suffer from a cleverly induced state of delusion brought upon the majority of US and world citizens by those who really stand to gain.

Doing the right thing! Are you kidding?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join