It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Way to go Bush!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
An enlightening perspective on what is really going on over there, that they don't show you on CNN.

The US doesn't belong there and needs to get the hell out!

www.ericblumrich.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
this needs to be moved to the mud pit quick

I for one, do not agree with the war on iraq but this little animation is too one sided.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Merovingian
An enlightening perspective on what is really going on over there, that they don't show you on CNN.

The US doesn't belong there and needs to get the hell out!

Although I agree the U.S. needs to get out, and right now, I'm not quite sure how enlighteneing I found the slide show.
War is bad we all know that, both sides are going to accumulate casualties, enlisted and civilian.
The most poigniant is the child in the hospital bed though, it reminds me of a qoute in someones signature here, Freedom is not measured by what you can do but by what you can't (paraphrased).

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Thatoneguy, it is one sided, but all should watch, unless reality scares you.
I for one wouldn't mind someone posting a similar link about all the wonderful things going on in Iraq.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I think they were trying to make us think the Americans were bad. What I saw though was that there are a bunch of animals in that country and I for one am starting to question the reason for saving them. Sometimes I feel we should just bail, fence them off and check back in 5 years and see if any of them are left and ready to become members of the "human" race or not.

Sorry these stupid slide shows with dark ominous music always get me, you can make anything look bad if you are selective in what you show and put some scary music with it.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
How is this video one sided?
It gives us a glimpse of the horror that is daily life over there. Not only for innocent Iraqi citizens but for those who fight for THEIR country and those who fight for an imperialistic aggressor!

Would you not say that everything you see on CNN is one sided, in favour of the Bush administration and their cleverly created 'war on terror'? For that matter, what about MSNBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, etc,. etc.???

And what 'good' things are happening in Iraq? I suppose any that are taking place, are doing so strictly as a result of the 'humanitarian and freedom loving intervention' by the US warmongers? Sorry, don't buy it.
All of those lucrative re-building contracts to Halliburton and the rest of them? Cmon!
Destroy it = rebuild it = we are the best, look how much we care!!

This is the problem.....people are conditioned by the status quo to react when they see something that doesn't fit with the 'plan'. As soon as this happens it is attacked from all sides because it is not what we have been told, it is not what we want to believe, it makes us angry or sad or whatever.

Why a war? What are the reasons justifying the occupation and terrorizing of a nation that is on the other side of the world? Let me guess......OIL!

What we all need is a wakeup call to what is happening in this world while we go merrily on our way not giving a S*** about the atrocities happening outside our borders.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Everyone in America should take a long hard look at these images. This is war. This is what Bush has caused in the name of the United States of America. This carnage. This hell.

All who support this murderous regime need to go volunteer for military service and put their money where their mouth is. They need to go feel it, smell it, suffer it and fight through it. They'd either revel in the killing and debauchery (like these monsters they support) or they'd wretch at what they've seen and been made to do.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It is an enlightening experience to see that Flash animation about other sides of the issue. Will this eventually lead to freedom for the Iraqis? Only time will tell on that one.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Joker,

US is imperialistic. US is a warmonger. US is in it for all the Iraqi oil.

OK, so where's all this free oil we're supposed to be getting? It hasn't shown up a my fricken gas pump. As a matter of fact, my gas has gone up by over 50 cents a gallon in the last six months! So where's the big oil grab? Got an answer for that? I don't see no steady line of oil tankers lining up in my port city! I see no relief in my oil-based economy.

All I see are three things:

1) Americans over there trying to restore peace and order
2) Americans over there trying to rebuild a nation
3) Americans over there getting shot, kidnapped, and mutilated
4) Americans over there trying to get the job done and get the hell outta there as fast as possible

You can flip through the pages of any history book and look at images of war and see the same stuff and alot worse. Thats why they say "war is hell". If your great Bush Iraq-for-Oil conspiricy theory means nothing more than me having to subsidize the rebuilding of Iraq through my tax dollars while I pay 1/3 more for gas and my neighbor's son gets his a$$ shot at every day, well, I think your theory is alot of manure.

[edit on 14-6-2004 by Pyros]

[edit on 14-6-2004 by Pyros]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It's only partly about controlling the oil reserves and reshaping the mid-east in Israel's image. Look beyond the smoke and mirrors. It was about putting our boot on the neck of OPEC. Now that we are there and most certainly in charge, OPEC will not be so quick to change their trading currency to the EURO. That is what its really about.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Not exactly CNN material eh.

I think that is pathetic that they have to and blow the living # out of the place when they are going on about free the Iraqis and such. I highly doubt that all of those people were resisting the US, but if they were then get the hell out of Iraq, most people don't want you there

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Be sure, this administration cares nothing for the people of Iraq. Their only concern is keeping the U.S. economy afloat and skimming as much of the profits as they can.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hockey_crazy
Not exactly CNN material eh.

And yeah, try breaking the oil currency issue down into a few nice soundbites. News these days, short of PBS and BBC, is nothing but soundbite city and infotainment. There's no point in even bothering with network "coverage."

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have a bit of a problem with that video using images of injured/dead iraqis just for political ends, it's not very respectful. There is nothing that can be done now, we have invaded and now must stay to make sure that anarchy doesn't ensue. Now we need to look at why the person who lead this is still in power.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Saying that, after looking at the whole website I am quite impressed with the messages they are spreading, their work is dramatic and effective. Thanks Merovingian

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Just a thought:

If you were to take a slide show of all the destruction America caused to Europe while defeating the Nazi's and liberating the Jews and showed it to the generation that went thru WWII, do you think they would have objected to that war as some people here dislike the images from the slideshow in this thread?

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
well said mpeake, war has casualties on both sides, whether we like it or not, you can't stop it. That's why it's called "WAR"

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
And have either of you ever actually fought in a war? Just curious, as it is always easy to pontificate on it, relaxing in the confines of your armchair.

By the way, there is no comparing this clusterf**k to WW2.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This doesn't look like a war, it looks like a mess. There are casualties in war, innocents die, but how can you justify this? In this case there is simply no justification.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Never fought in a war. I have a grandfather who fought in WWII, and 2 brothers who just got back from Iraq. Both hated it cause of the awful weather (120 degree F), and hostile surroundings, but both beleived in what they were doing and both can testify to the appreciation that the Iraqi's they encountered. Of course f'd up things happen in war, by the enemy and by the US. But, unfortunately we pick the few bad examples in War and focus on them. The media will NEVER cover the good that happens over there. Why? Because advertisers want to be on the news networks that show bloody and gruesome details full of scandal and shame. If the advitisers thought the general public wanted to see the "good in war" then the media would show that. It's all about the mighty buck.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join