It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large arsenal of links to medical studies on cannabis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by fordrew

Well yea. Coffee is the worst but I can get through the iceberg migraines.

I simply don't see a point of it. Everything people say they get from pot I can get with a good cup of tea and running for a mile. I can also kind of pulsate an odd feeling when I need to. Essentially I use my mind for the same affects you need a drug for.

Have heard that line from SO many people. Really annoying.

Never once heard it from anyone who actually tries the substance.

If you have not done it, than you don't know what you are talking about. Like a person who has looked out a window saying that they know what it is like to be in the woods. No, you don't.

So, why try to place yourself on a level which you have never experienced? At least admit either A.your brainwashing-induced fear, or B.your lack of curiosity at the possible expansion of the mind.

If you are a sixty year old Buddhist monk or a withered Hindu Ascetic Swami than, please, forgive me for my error.

And, yes, I was a former distance runner/extreme athlete. I know what an exercise or adrenaline high is. They are related to seratonin and norepinepherine receptors, not cannaboid receptors.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bricmpt

No thanks. Now you can say that, but you're not in my mind. perhaps those people have never done it because they don't want to lower themselves to a dependency of something. If my mind is sufficient to feel good, I don't need something to make me feel more good. That, my good sir, is called materialism. And does not lead to happiness. it leads to dependency and ignorance. Enjoy that if you may. My mind is superior to your drugs.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

drug
noun
1 drugs prescribed by doctors: medicine, medication, medicament, pharmaceutical; remedy, cure, antidote.
2 she was under the influence of drugs: narcotic, stimulant, hallucinogen; informal dope.

If dependency and pleasure is the basis for how you classify drugs, then please understand that you are a complete hypocrite. Nothing wrong with that, but its harder for people to take you seriously.
My friend, life is a psychedelic trip. You just have tunnel vision. Nothing wrong with that either. Just know that it is you who wallows in ignorance, not the oh so pathetic drug user.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jolly

So you say. But thus far you've not proven.

Oh and don't try to take drugs that cure into the mix. Adding straws is the act of the ignorant, I'm afraid.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

With your logic, its ok for 80 year old men to take drugs that will give them erections.
But its wrong for people, say with glaucoma or cancer (countless other ailments that are cured or alleviated by the herb), to safely, without penalty of intrusive laws, consume their medicine of choice? get aatta heree

edit on 22-3-2011 by jolly because: typo

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

You obviously have ego issues, hence your need to post in here to look "superior" to dopers and stoners.

Trust me, a cup of tea does not give the same rush.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I think you guys are getting trolled.

No rational person believes the crap he's writing, but it's getting dragged out across multiple pages...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jolly

lolwut? I never said it's good to keep it illegal. I simply am saying it's not good to have a dependency.

reply to post by The Sword

Or perhaps I am offering an alternative.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

reply to post by alaskan

Actually no. I started a topic asking if others can do it. Many can. So clearly it's not only me. Again, go ahead and stay addicted to a substance. No one is stopping you. I'm just informing you that if what you need something for in recreation I can do in mind alone, then very simply you have not yet learned to use your mind all the way. And like a child whom keeps away with bad actions, you may never learn to. Which is the gravest travesty.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

...you need something for in recreation I can do in mind alone, then very simply you have not yet learned to use your mind all the way.

Right. Sure. I believe you.
You're more evolved than anyone who enjoys something that you snub. We get it.
You know all about and can recreate the effects of something that you have no knowledge of. I believe it.

I don't think you realize how big of a joke you and people like you appear to be when you say you have enough control over your brain to put yourself in the same 'place' that any mind altering substance can.

It's seriously borderline loony-bin talk, and it's worse because you're self-righteous about it.

Let's assume you aren't just playing a troll. Get off your presumed moral highhorse and stop trying to tear people down for something that's 100% demonstrably less damaging to our physiology/society than the medium with which we're discussing the matter.
Isn't your brain powerful enough to convey/receive these messages with out all this dirty electricity? The internet has affected a lot of people in some very negative ways in a relatively tiny amount of time. Shouldn't you be scolding us for even being here?

We've all got imaginations...
edit on 23-3-2011 by alaskan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

you would be correct if talking about inhalants like glue paint etc but thc and other chemicals release endorphins and whatnot not from lack of oxygen as far as i can rember but thats a bit hazy

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

It's not exactly that hard to replicate something that more or less is indifferent to losing one's balance. And no, I don't claim to be in the same place. I take all the positives and lose all the negatives. IE, I don't laugh at walls.

And it's not more evolved. You can do it too. You just choose to believe it's loony. I really could not care less. What makes me more than you is that I don't need something to feel happy.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

What makes me more than you is that I don't need something to feel happy.

You're right. You're also "more than" all the weak-minded people who can't trick their body into not hurting. It's so pathetic how they want something that makes them feel good (what mental-wusses) straight from the earth with zero processing/meddling...

You're like the bodybuilder that says they can do everything better than everyone else no matter what, because he thinks he's a 'better' physical specimen...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Good strawman fallacy, assuming I would be against medical needs. A lazy highschooler laughing at walls is not someone with cancer though.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
For anyone out there who is still locked into the stereotypical belief that cannibas has the effect of reducing a person's intelligence, I would reply that some of the most keenly intelligent people I have ever known were regular users, and if you're still not convinced...

All you have to do is listen to this guy:
(who probably smoked more than anyone you know, + then some)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

By the way Alaskan, thanks for the thread, I saved all those links to a document some time last year. They were helpful with educating my parents and friends.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
just posted over half of those to govenor switzers facebook page as he is the only one who can veto the attempted repeal of the mj laws in montana

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Much Gratitude to the OP. Awesome informative post man. I just started on this website and I have to say the people on here are awesome.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

What makes me more than you is that I don't need something to feel happy.

How do you know that you are happy my friend?

Is it because you display all of the stereotypical behaviors of a happy person?
-jovial
-full of energy
-talks to strangers
-seeks company and activity...

Well....

You knew that I was gonna switch this one on you...

Right????

Did you know that people who are excessively happy and content, most would call them extroverts...
You see, they are the most susceptible to any manner of what some call "post hypnotic suggestion".
Extroverts are also the prime candidates for cults.
They possess the willingness to get along and the needed desire for activity around people, but it usually puts them in some pretty tight spots that become overlooked because their primary drive is to appear as if they are great and need nothing. They get along. First step in brainwashing.

Prime candidates for a cult my friend.

Your personality attributes are neither good nor bad in comparison to anything.
Your behaviors, however, can be judged, and by the look of what you have tried to so subtly say, but lacking the acumen to actually do that subtly....

You seem as though a prime candidate for Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

One of the "golden gooses" of someone with NPD is that they feel better than other people.

Circle back around to the top.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

But I don't care if people go along with me or not. And I do need thing. I need help with things I don't know, or in a job environment of getting things done. And in that manner, they would be no different than me. And in that sense, there is no power ability, for there is no hierarchy and there is no desire to create one.

What do you call that? I call it friendship. Mutual agreement of equality and enjoying time together.

Now if friendship is a cult, you have many more problems than I could ever count.

So how did you turn that against me? I'm just saying, dependency on anything for enjoyment is dumb. Enjoying time with people for the hell of it, is friendship. Enjoying a substance because you cannot enjoy the same feeling any other way, is a dependency. In many ways the drug becomes its own cult, as has been quite obvious here.
edit on 2-4-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join