It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large arsenal of links to medical studies on cannabis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Thank you for the great links! I am a nurse and have seen first hand the medical benefits with cancer patients. Now if we could just get this thru the thick heads of those that are opposed.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Isn't a high a lack of oxygen to the brain?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
S+F but

why are the links all not working

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Tip top work my 420 friend, 1 more source of great info on cannabis is the award winning documentary film called The Union: the business behind getting high.

Offical site
IMDB
Watch on Google video

I highly recommend you watch it if you haven't done so already.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
AWESOME! two points id like to make
1. clearly cannabis has no place as a Schedule I drug....
2. is a safer alternative to alcohol for adults...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I had read that DuPont was in need of a strong market for their new paints, and that, since hemp oil was the basis of paint at that time ('30's if memory serves) they simply ran a government smear campaign against it, even selecting a greasy sounding name to help the sanction along. Big Pharma followed closely behind with a similar inability to compete so we'll do this campaign. A nice historical notch in the 'how we became corporate slaves' category. It's a subject that feels a lot like Tesla. How can something so good, so deep in it's resources, become so eclipsed and even bad-mouthed? Usually there's big big money at 'future stake' ~(think energy and what would happen if we got it freely; think oil and what if it were plentiful, abiotic, and cheap; or consider the simple preventative health taking measures as contained within this thread, and I believe you'll have your answer).

It's nice to not have to devote all day, or even weeks as it may be, to compile so many resource links, OP, so many thanks for this.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If you can't get them to work, copy/paste their description into google and it should be easy to find them...

Originally posted by Gorman91

that's not what this thread is about, but no, it has nothing to do with depriving your brain of oxygen. Look up "cannabinoid receptors" and their functions.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Awesome post mate! I am however surprised no one has mentioned Carl Sagan. He is one of my favorite authors , and he used to use cannabis. Aside from being an author he was an educator and a scientist. Either way, it did nothing to hinder his intelligence; if anything it helped him with his creativity.

Also, I just had the best mental image of him and Stephen Hawking sitting around eating some funyuns and laughing

[edit on 30-6-2010 by ganja]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Yes. You can cut off oxygen to your head and you will get some kind of high. I think that high is called death? But if you are serious, cutting off oxygen from your brain is no high. Ever been in a sleeper hold? Make someone do it to you. Or have you ever held your breath in for too long?

[edit on 30-6-2010 by fordrew]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Uhhh... Do you get high often then?

Just wow....

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Could you make a Word Doc or PDF with the links displayed in full? If not I can manually do it but it would take along time. Or maybe there is a way to show the full link on ATS but I am not sure? Any suggestions?

Thank you!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
YO. Awesome thread. I'm going to be getting a large widespread group of people together to organize a major effort to get it legalized for medicinal usage. Anyone who's interested and lives in the Uk message me. Can I plagiarize your hard work for this cause?
Nice work again buddy.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Well i don't get high nor take drugs. Just wanted to know waht the act of getting high was exactly.

For me, I take love in my body and brain. I only need food and water to fuel myself. I don't want to be dependent on anything. It is my observation that long term need of anything other than food and water results in long term loss. Just as using a calculator craps the math part of the brain.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I plagiarized it myself, so do with it what you will...

Originally posted by alaskan
And I should be clear that I didn't put the list together, someone else who wasn't lazy did, and I copied it from them and sent it to my email because I knew it's something that would come in handy as a reference.

And if anyone wants to pm me their email address I'll forward the email to you so you can see the full links.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'll check it out and come back in a few weeks for a post

About pharma companies i will say that they cant patent weed.
they cant patent a plant and it's why they are against it.

all of who smoked weed know it's a powerful analgesic

And if i'd be NWO i would think pushing foword the substance on the market

hhmmm...making love in the lawn at night, At least we coulnt careless for a good reason.

think about it

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
What gets me is how the politicians are sooo worried about the economy, saying "Oh, what will we do?" They should legalize it, and capitalize on it. Open cafes, hire people that are about to be SOL because they are going to lose their unemployment. Not to mention it would help curtail the Mexican cartels they don't know what to do about, and we would have more money for other things than arresting people for having a plant. Where do they think the cartels are getting most of their money? It's pot. This is why they catch them growing it in our state parks and the like. Ehh... sorry for the rant!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Alcohol kills.

Pot heals.

Period.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Great job at putting it all in one place. My deepest thanks for all your work. I have been a medical marijuana patient for the last ten years.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Well i don't get high nor take drugs. Just wanted to know waht the act of getting high was exactly.

For me, I take love in my body and brain. I only need food and water to fuel myself. I don't want to be dependent on anything. It is my observation that long term need of anything other than food and water results in long term loss. Just as using a calculator craps the math part of the brain.

Ah my friend, drugs (pharmecutical, legal, illegal) do not create dependencies unless you choose for them to. Cannabis is non addictive anyways. Most drug addictions can be conquered no matter if it does create a physical addiction or not. And when I say conquered I mean cold turkey. Like a switch of the mind. It just takes a strong minded person/strong willed person to do it. I seem to be such an example. Mind conquers all. Knowledge trumps ignorance. Anyways, moderation is key to everything. Yes including hard drugs. Though moderation in such context would mean "sparingly".

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Thank you so much for this thread. l know from personal experience that it does work. 19yrs ago l discovered l had arthritis in most of my joints and osteoporosis so bad l could hardly walk and the pain was unbearable. The doc gave me medication and over three years they kept upping the doseage. then l was told that within a year l would probably be in a wheel chair, that scared the hell out of me. l had heard of canibis being used medicinaly so thought l got nothing to lose. l have been taking it now for 16 years, l take no other meds and l am free from pain most days and on bad days its still no where near as bad as it was 19yrs ago and l am not in a wheelchair either. unfortunately it will never be made leagal because big pharma would lose big time. What makes me really angry is l can be labeled now as a criminal. sorry for spelling errors doing this quick before your thread gets taken off. Peace starchild

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join