It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large arsenal of links to medical studies on cannabis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Well yea. Coffee is the worst but I can get through the iceberg migraines.

I simply don't see a point of it. Everything people say they get from pot I can get with a good cup of tea and running for a mile. I can also kind of pulsate an odd feeling when I need to. Essentially I use my mind for the same affects you need a drug for.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hope I'm not deviating here but just want to point out what the illegal pursuit of marijuana does.

If the plants were legal and growing everywhere fewer people will smoke the stuff, it wont be taboo, it wont be exciting to do something a little naughty. Nope it will be boring as.

The price of it would bottom out and guess what, no money for the drug dealers, no dealing, and no pushing the stuff on corners. No crime associated with marijuana because it has no value!

The police (just enforcing the law) are simply locking up people that have some of the lowest harm rates to others, perhaps even comparable to priests. They ensure that it has a high value and therefore it has an illegal supply network where people can make millions quite easily. Herein lyes the problem.

Another point i'd like to raise is that societies need a scapegoat. When their kids or young adults go a bit off the rails, we can say "oh well they used pot, that's the problem, society is ok, pot is the problem not us"

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The reason cannabis is illegal is because of hemp.

What is Hemp?

Hemp is a natural fiber product of the Cannabis sativa plant.

Cultivation of Hemp has been ongoing for thousands of years (side note: probably much, much longer then that), and has roughly 25,000 different uses.

Quick facts:

-Oldest artifact of human made industrial goods, found in ancient Mesopotamia, was fabric (canvas) created of hemp. (Dating back to roughly 8,000 B.C.)

-The oldest known piece of paper was made in China, this piece of paper was made, coincidentally, from hemp.

Every 3.6 seconds someone in the world dies of hunger. Hemp seeds are the most nutritious and economical solution to end world hunger. With an 80 percent concentration of "good fats" our bodies need for good health maintenance and protein with all eight amino acids plus optimum dietary fibre, hemp truly is a "perfect balance" food source.

Quote Source: www.world-mysteries.com...

- Henry Ford introduced the infamous hemp car in the 1930's it had a plastic coachwork made with hemp and used ethanol or hemp oil as fuel.

A picture of Henry ford destroying the hemp car (because of the prohibition):

www.blogcdn.com...

Henry Ford said "that ethyl alcohol was "the fuel of the future", and that "There is fuel in every bit of vegetable matter that can be fermented. There's enough alcohol in one year's yield of an acre of potatoes to drive the machinery necessary to cultivate the fields for a hundred years."

Sources: www.hempcar.org...

-Hemp fiber is eight times as strong as cotton fibers.

-50% of all chemical pesticides are used on Cotton.

-Hemp can grow to an average of 16 feet in just over 100 days without the use of herbicides or pesticides.

-Just a single acre of hemp produces as much paper (in a MUCH short period of time) than 4.1 acres of trees and the paper doesn't yellow over time. How incredible it would be to save the trees.

-In the 1910's, the U.S. government predicted that by the 1940's all paper would come from hemp.

* Henry Ford's first Model-T was built to run on hemp gasoline and the CAR ITSELF WAS CONTRUCTED FROM HEMP! On his large estate, Ford was photographed among his hemp fields. The car, 'grown from the soil,' had hemp plastic panels whose impact strength was 10 times stronger than steel; Popular Mechanics, 1941.
* Hemp called 'Billion Dollar Crop.' It was the first time a cash crop had a business potential to exceed a billion dollars; Popular Mechanics, Feb., 1938.

The farming cultivation of hemp, if not made illegal, could have caused an industrial revolution and created millions of jobs - bringing America out of the Great Depression. (Opinion)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is cannabis illegal?

The word Marijuana was created to give hemp/cannabis a bad name; the words such as dangerous, bad, and harmful have been directly associated with the spiteful label - "Marijuana".

Cannabis in itself is not harmful; the reason for it being illicit has nothing to do with cannabis' relation to health and it's affect on thinking processes. The real danger it poses is to oil companies, the alcohol industry, the tobacco industry, the textile industry, and MANY chemical companies in special regards to pesticides.

Plenty of big-wig businesses have spent vast amounts of money to influence/support the anti-marijuana campaign, abrogating the truth to the masses.

The actuality of cannabis/hemp being used for it's multitude of mercantile products is that it would literally crumble today's complex and intertwined industry.

William Randolph Hearst (Citizen Kane) and the Hearst Paper Manufacturing Division of Kimberly Clark owned vast acreage of timberlands. The Hearst Company supplied most paper products. Patty Hearst's grandfather, a destroyer of nature for his own personal profit, stood to lose billions because of hemp.

In 1937, Dupont patented the processes to make plastics from oil and coal. Dupont's Annual Report urged stockholders to invest in its new petrochemical division. Synthetics such as plastics, cellophane, celluloid, methanol, nylon, rayon, Dacron, etc., could now be made from oil. Natural hemp industrialization would have ruined over 80% of Dupont's business.

Quote Source:www.world-mysteries.com...

Hmmm? Quite interesting how those who control the money control the world.

A Conspiracy:

Andrew Mellon became Hoover's Secretary of the Treasury and Dupont's primary investor. He appointed his future nephew-in-law, Harry J. Anslinger, to head the Federal Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs.

Secret meetings were held by these financial tycoons. Hemp was declared dangerous and a threat to their billion dollar enterprises. For their dynasties to remain intact, hemp had to go. These men took an obscure Mexican slang word: 'marihuana' and pushed it into the consciousness of America.

"And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land." - Ezekiel 34/2

[edit on 30-6-2010 by 11118]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by star child

You are not a criminal in my book - so happy to hear it worked good for you. I took it for RA for 2 years, was in constant pain, used a cane and went into remission and have been there for 4 years now. I know it was medical marijuana that did it as I quit my other meds 6 months before I started the regiment. It was prescribed by a Dr. and that is the way I was told to do it.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisappearCompletely
Good info; hopefully the thread isn't deleted.

Why would this be deleted? Cannabis prohibition is one of the greatest on-going conspiracies being perpetrated of our time.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caveat Lector
Hope I'm not deviating here but just want to point out what the illegal pursuit of marijuana does.

If the plants were legal and growing everywhere fewer people will smoke the stuff, it wont be taboo, it wont be exciting to do something a little naughty. Nope it will be boring as.

The price of it would bottom out and guess what, no money for the drug dealers, no dealing, and no pushing the stuff on corners. No crime associated with marijuana because it has no value!

The police (just enforcing the law) are simply locking up people that have some of the lowest harm rates to others, perhaps even comparable to priests. They ensure that it has a high value and therefore it has an illegal supply network where people can make millions quite easily. Herein lyes the problem.

Another point i'd like to raise is that societies need a scapegoat. When their kids or young adults go a bit off the rails, we can say "oh well they used pot, that's the problem, society is ok, pot is the problem not us"

Alcohol, oil and big pharma will do everything they can to stop that from happening as you can now see.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Weed is good man if everyone smoked it on the world it would be a better place and no wars. Alcohol is much worse than weed. Although i dont smoke it anymore cause i got hart problems. So i drink alcohol, and not to little either. Anyways I live in holland so i can buy it here.
But i dont get why is weed so bad? it grows from the earth i mean come on it is all propaganda that weed is bad.

Fck u NWO

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Great thread am I correct on this are you in Alaska by chance. A few years ago I had the priviledge of one of my friends father used to live in Alaska and had shown me a picture of a beautiful plant he was growing indoors and it ook my breath away at how big and beautiful it was. Miss the good ol days. Sorry about that my mind was wandering. Ok I find this so funny that the same gov't that inarcirate you for growing marijuana ha
s the largest pot growing facility in america and has been growing it since 1968.Of course they are growing it for research,but how much do you need to grow in the name of research. It is mind boggling, and I have found an interesting report from CNN that will make your jaw drop. Enough of my rambling check out this report and be prepared to say WTF.

edition.cnn.com...

The most rediculous thing is they get you for growing weed send you to prison yet they are the biggest cultivators of weed in the USA. It is just crazy.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
i don't smoke potbut am curious as to why it is ok to make a natural plant go exctint when we'll shut down a huge operation because of a rare minnow that has no purpose really. so some plants animals are ok to not be extinct but others aren't?so we can just eradicate plants and animals if we deem them unfiit?if it is natural let it be. there is a plant called locoweed which has the same effect cattle eat it and go nuts- ask any rancher in the southwest.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by bigfoot1212]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

Its all about supply and demand.If there are no other suppliers then the demand will have to go through them for the supply. It sounds crazy but it can happen.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
take that deny ignorance!

and that!

and all of that too!

A very nice compilation of links, but if we are truly to deny ignorance, shouldn't some of the negative research/anecdotes etc be included too?

Don't get me wrong, I am convinced by the evidence that it does have some good medical uses. I also believe that it's a huge hypocrisy in society to allow Alcohol/Tobacco, but ban Marijuana. Everything I've seen indicates it's either around the same level of danger, or less dangerous than those two. Even if it were a bit more dangerous, there are personal rights issues too.

But, something that irritates me about a lot of the pro-Marijuana camp is their refusal to accept anything negative, and their reliance on many conspiracy theories. I don't think this helps the overall cause. I think it's best to present the evidence, warts and all, because overall on balance, I think it works out to be far more good than bad. The use of conspiracy theories in the lobbying also is counter productive, because it causes many 'regular' people to dismiss it right away, even if those were true conspiracies.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Congratulations folks, this thread is now in the alternative substances forum, where nobody from the main forums will see it again...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by harpsounds

90% of the things that are allowed be fleshed out on here regarding the plant are negative. When people talk about it in a positive way the threads get moved, closed, or deleted.The scourge of drug use is something that gets talked about all the time, whereas any discussion of the opposite is quickly stifled.

This is a conspiracy website, so of course people are going to push to talk about the things they aren't being allowed to talk about over the things that are 'ok'

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

I simply don't see a point of it. Everything people say they get from pot I can get with a good cup of tea and running for a mile. I can also kind of pulsate an odd feeling when I need to. Essentially I use my mind for the same affects you need a drug for.

Good for you, the fact of the matter is that you're speaking to something with which you've said you have zero experience.

Is that not ignorant?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Not really. I see people get high. They're creative, they're thinking differently. But they are also laughing at walls and acting retarded. I do what I can with my mind. I can do the same things they can, in just as many new ways. Difference? I'm not acting retarded because I do not need pot.

Seems to me that having my sanity in this process is far better.

Is it not ignorant of yourself? After all. Mind is power. Knowledge is power. Why face the negatives when you can train your mind, never have to do this, and keep your sanity and all the positives.

And besides. What does experience have to do with anything? When I was first given a gun at a young age to use in practice targeting, I had no experience. I was better than most people. On the opposite spectrum, I don't need to try to hang myself to know the results.

Basically, experience is as useful for what you are laking about as a bug is on a pile of crap.

I don't need experience. I see the fools pot makes people into. I can adapt. I can be just as creative and good at new ways of thinking with my mind.

Don't need a drug. I got my well trained mind.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Do you even know of the potential benefits? Did you even read any of the links in the OP for christ sakes?

If all you think cannabis does is make people more "creative" and "think differently" than I'm sorry to say, but ignorant is exactly what you are.

[edit on 30/6/10 by Navieko]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

People lived just as long before the widespread use of pot as they do now. All these so called benefits I have already. I see no reason to take a drug that makes you act retarded if I can get these so called benefits with my mind alone.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Excellent work OP !

Where I live, I am "surrounded" by pot

It grows everywhere but still it is illegal

Lot's of people I know kiss Mary Jane everyday and they are nice people.

50% of Canadians admitted to have smoke pot once...

I am Canadian

Here for you alaskan ! Nice work !

Afroman - Because I Got High

[edit on 30-6-2010 by St-Patrick]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
TRUEEE THAT...
lol on a serious note.
The list does justice.
All I gotta say is SWED.
I do, and I get by fine.
I remember the first time I realized the healing effects...
I had a food poisoning.
And was on a break from the stuff.
However I had a nice back up in case of emergency.
Evidently, 10 minutes in the back yard came back to my bed and felt soooo good.
My nausea was gone
My head ache was gone
and it made day time TV that much better

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
_javascript:icon('
') Excellent post! Made my day. Love to smoke cannabis. Great links. Know in my heart there's nothing wrong with it, all kinds of benefits.Wonderful!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join