It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fake alien landing at my daughters school

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Today at my daughters school was like any other normal morning drop off, till we got into the gates. We were then greeted by a police car, fire engine and an ambulance, complete with police, fire fighters, paramedics, etc.

All the kids from all the years were told to proceed quietly to the assembly were an announcement would be made shortly.

The head teacher then told the school that an alien spacecraft had landed in the school grounds, and an alien was supposedly seen wandering around. Apparently green footprints were dotted about as well. lol.

Many kids freaked out and had to be pulled aside and told it was fake, they were then removed as to not give the game away.

They spent the rest of the day searching for the alien, and gathering clues from the "spaceship" that the teachers had made in the playing fields. At the end of the day they were asked if they could determine whether it was real or not.

My daughter loved it, (she's 7) because im always boring her with alien related stories.

How weird is that?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I would've died for a game like that in elementary school...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Lol same here. Whats more strange is that the school is a catholic one. I didnt think they believed in aliens? The local radio station also had a mock newsflash at ten oclock as well.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

They spent the rest of the day searching for the alien, and gathering clues from the "spaceship" that the teachers had made in the playing fields. At the end of the day they were asked if they could determine whether it was real or not.

Your daughter goes to quite an interesting school.

I would think some parents would be quite concerned..?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
that sounds like alot of fun!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Was this something special for the last day of school before summer vacation?

The most exciting thing we ever got was a movie.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I didnt mind playing games when I was a kid, but I also didnt like getting lied too like that either, when I found out about santa I was like wtf. Police, fire fighters and paramedics is over the top and would freak some kids out, seems to me they just messed with the kid's heads. Everybody else here says it sounds like fun though so I guess Im just weird...

[edit on 30-6-2010 by CREAM]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hoooray for that school! They will not send on to the next level mindless monkees, but students who think and reason. Learning should never be a boring exercise.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So let me get this straight...

They had ambulances, fire-trucks, and police cars all as a part of this "game"???

Something definitely doesn't add up... I'd say either it was a sociological experiment to see how people would react to the said situation, or that it was a cover story and game to hide the real reason all the emergency workers where there... whatever that may be.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

When you found out what about Santa??????

Sounds like it could be fun, but a little unnerving with some of the extra effort put in by the police, paramedics and fire Co. I am surprised that these agencies would feed into such a thing, but it was for the community, even though it was a Catholic school.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Although now that I've thought about it a little more, the kids who were scared disappearing from the game might freak me out a little.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
WOW?? That is one of the most interesting things I have heard in a while?? Can you tell us more about how the children reacted? Were they terrified or excited? This is very unusual. Were the parents notified ahead of time their children were going to be exposed to this? Were parents upset? Where I live parents would have been very upset, as they are very closed minded about this sort of thing, and would not have wanted their children exposed to this. Sorry so many question? Just find this very interesting!!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
What was the cost to the community to have Fire, Police and Ambulance called out to a fake landing? Let alone the cost of every teacher not doing their jobs of teaching.

Fire drills, etc. are teaching tools used to prepare the students in the event of an emergency.

Sounds to me that TPTB are passing the word down that an Alien landing is in the near future and this is all preparation.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
sounds like kids are being prepared for the future..especially if police and paramedics were called..this doesn't sound like a game at all to me

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I have to agree with your assessment about it being an experiment of sorts. To be more precise, I think it's a conditioning experiment.

It costs the city money to have all those resources at the school. I'm sure the departments (fire, police) probably got some grant to pay for them to be involved in this incident. School probably did to.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I agree. This is very weird. It doesn't sound like a game??? Especially when they actually had ambulances and firetrucks etc. It just is not adding up. I really would like to know more about this situation?? Again without parental permission I think that's so strange. I would be upset if my 6 yr old was put through this and I did not know about it.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinkytink1207
Were parents upset? Where I live parents would have been very upset, as they are very closed minded about this sort of thing, and would not have wanted their children exposed to this.

Personally, I would have been upset that they were messing with my young daughters mind at such an innocent and easily scared age. It doesn't have a thing to do with being closed minded - it has more to do with potentially scaring a little child in the name of a "fun little game".

"Closed minded"? Sheesh, judgmental much?

edited for spelling

[edit on 30-6-2010 by tallcool1]

CX

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This has been in the news before, and if i remember rightly there was uproar about it, some kids freaked out that time too.

I'll find the link to the last one.

CX.

[edit on 30/6/10 by CX]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Was this the schools idea or was the school asked to do it by ??

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
This has been in the news before, and if i remember rightly there was uproar about it, some kids freaked out that time too.

ur right
there was another one like this
a while back and it was posted
here. This makes the 2nd one that
I know of concerning fake alien
landings at school.

Or maybe I just dreamed it .... deja vu
but it sounds familiar.

Or maybe it was a fake shooting at school
I can't remember all the details. But as I
remember, parents got real upset about
that inceident and some even sued the school
and some even took their kids out of that school.
Hope you find the last thread.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join