It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fake alien landing at my daughters school

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

yea I remember that story
as the kids were asked to draw
out on paper what they all saw.
Now if this was the US Gov doing
this sort of experiment, why do it in
Zimbabwe????

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
This reminds me of something I got carted to in Freshman Year.

Basically they brought us on a Bus (said field trip.. didn't know where we were going) anyway - So we all end up at this Synagogue and see all these other buses piling out kids from other schools.

So anyway, we start walking in there and this crazy bi-atch starts screaming, "DON'T F***'IN SAY A WORD!".

I was like uhh.. I mean I was like either there is some messed up **** going down or I was totally like WTF? So then they start lining us up by hair color and weird stuff..

Then get this. Come to find out it is showing us what the Holocaust was like and I had to sit through literally 6 hours WITH NO TALKING while I got feed this pro jewish propaganda.

Yes, I think the Holocaust was real. Yes, I believe many people died unfortunately. But this was more than that - this was a brainwashing session. Seriously. I should also say it was only like 20 of us from our class. We only had about 50 kids per grade so.. (South Dakota/Iowa/Sioux City).

I totally forgot about that till now. Has anyone else been through this??????

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Once Again

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!

out·ra·geous

a : going beyond all standards of what is right or decent
an outrageous disregard of human rights

b : deficient in propriety or good taste
outrageous language, outrageous manners
www.merriam-webster.com...

Are people too complacent to become outraged at outrageous acts???
Especially those comitted against our children?????

What is going on in our schools???

These outrageous actions commited against school children
do not respect, honor or value the dignity or basic human rights
of the children subjected to them.

If anyone were babysitting someone elses children and subjected
the children in their care to this type of treatment,
they would likely encounter some legal actions.

I know that GreenBicMan stated he was a freshman (H.S.?)
when this happened to him,
but seriously, how is this sh*t allowed in our schools?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Some people are really overreacting to this. What a bunch of wimps.

This sounds like a blast. I wish they had done something like this when I was in school. All we ever got were bomb threats and tornado drills. Alien invasion would have been much more fun.

Not to mention, the kids probably learned more today than they did any other day of the school year. They were involved and focused, hands on interaction, the best way to learn.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by illusions

Wasn't to my consent either.

I did not have a choice to participate or not, I just "went along" if I remember correctly. Been about 10 years or so.. But I do remember that witch woman and I also remember them not letting anyone go to the bathroom etc.

Basically all human rights were taken away and you couldn't do **** about it. I get that is the "point" they were trying to make, but if I had the audacity I do now I would have made a scene back then.

Maybe in a parallel universe.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

wow dude
sorry u had to go thru
that crap. Why couldn't
they just tell you about it
in a history book instead
of role playing it out? geez

As far as my school days.
We never had anything like that,
that I am aware of. Just the usual
fire drills, tornado drills and the occasional
prank fake bomb call where we all met outside
and went home for the rest of the day.
Usually those people got caught

But I guess our school didn't rank high enough
on the list to get a conditioning of these
assortments.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Yeah I guess when you are in HS and you just obey the authority it didn't bother me much back then. But now that I think about it after this was brought up it is definitely garbage for sure.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I just want to add validity here from the other members and say that this has been done before in many schools. They say that its a fun day for the children but being the conspiracy minded person I am. I smell a rat. It seems a little bit overboard to draft in the police,ambulance and fire brigade for a 'fun' day. In some schools they actually build a FLYING DISC and make it staged like its crashed in to the ground. Very realistic indeed.

AN unidentified flying object crashed landed at a Cleethorpes school.

The UFO, about the size of a telephone box, was discovered in the playground of Elliston Infants’ School.

While no explanation has been given for the origins of the metal object, some claim it is not man-made.

As the youngsters, aged six and seven, investigated the crash, headteacher Marlene Ranshaw, revealed the alien landing was, in fact, part of the children’s lesson plan.

I am thinking that this is an experiment to gauge the level of understanding children have with this type of scenario. Its a question of watch this space. (pun intended)

[edit on 1-7-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Woah ! talk to the hand...I dont believe this... what ? Are you gonna file a lawsuit to the local Santa claus shopping mall coz your kids freaked out ?Dont you want your child to react nicely when he comes to your house ?

It's all about experiencing control of emotions and assesment. And its not worse than filling their heads with teletubbies stuff (with the tv on the belly
)
When i was a kid, tv was filled with fiction animation:marine boy.goldorak,tranformers,lots of adventures. Dont you want your kids to be strong or be a complete pussy ?
I think its an extraordinary living event..at seven !
Dont talk about ressources its a staged activityand para ,firemen would've more likely waited there doing nothing.
Yes i believe it was great and i envy those kids.they'll grab your computer and come here on ats...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
personally, in my opinion, what i think....

i agree with some of our fellow ATSers who brought up the "conditioning" aspect of the situation. Although i also would like to have played the game, maybe.

i remember 30+ years back when i was in third grade at Glenn Elementary in Normal Illinois....

Mrs. Yates was my teacher and she was
&
in my book.

she was teaching us about compound words for the first time that Monday morning in September...

she taught us that compound words were made by putting words and syllables together that had their own meanings as well.

who am i to call Mrs. Yates a liar?

Disc + Low + Sure = Disclosure

or is my math wrong?
?
&

But, i might be wrong... what do i know?

End Transmission,
ET

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
So let me get this straight...

They had ambulances, fire-trucks, and police cars all as a part of this "game"???

Something definitely doesn't add up... I'd say either it was a sociological experiment to see how people would react to the said situation, or that it was a cover story and game to hide the real reason all the emergency workers where there... whatever that may be.

That was my first reaction too. Wasting emergency service's time on a schoolyard game? Someone high up organised this.

Another reason could be to introduce the kids to the idea of aliens as part of their "education".

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
wait a sec. who is still in school on June 30th? and 7 yrs old is about, what 1st grade? where were all the other elementary grades? or is this not in the US? I need more details...

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Totalstranger]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
From the perspective of an adult (and some children, to be sure), this sounds like a potentially fun, exciting idea. But I'm thinking of the type of child I was--someone showed a fairly innocuous "Ankle Grabber" picture book to me, and for years I would leap off the bed in the hopes of escaping the monster's reach. Something about a cartoonish monster down the bathtub drain made me fearful of baths and in need of a secure drain cover for ages
. Point being, I was the not so uncommon type of child who would probably find this type of event disturbing...possibly fuel for future nightmares. Not such a good idea, this one.

Edit to add: I like the conspiracy angle you good folks are taking
. (No, I'm not being sarcastic.)

[edit on 1/7/10 by paperplanes]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

That was my first reaction too. Wasting emergency service's time on a schoolyard game? Someone high up organised this.

as a professional firefighter for over 11 years, with experience in public relations and fire prevention, i can assure you emergency first responders, personnel and vehicles do participate in public functions and do frequent schools.

however, the story from reading the op and the first responders being their....

i wonder based upon what i know of some protocols...

i wonder if it wasn't a possible bomb threat and they responded prior to the school day beginning, cleared the auditorium or gym where they were brought, and made up the story while they cleared (checked through the school) for any suspiscious packages or possible threats.

perhaps it was easier for the school administration and staff to come up with the "alien game story" rather than tell the elementary students that some person may have planted a bomb in their school in an effort to blow them all up.

my father worked in school administration, so i have heard stories about schools getting bomb threats. the staff and administration do have proceedures for such situations.

but this could just be speculation, and it was just what the story the op said it was, a game.

interesting thread.
to the op & thanks for sharing with your fellow ATSers!

thanks,
ET

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
We played a game like that right through my school years, i think it was called religous education

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Sure it seems innocent enough on the outside. I like to think that most of us here have a basic understanding of how the education curriculum really works, and who it serves.

The game really did sound like lots of fun. Get your heart and imagination flowing with the helpful idea of aliens running around the school.

As fun as it may be, as a parent, I could not be so ignorant accept this as just a game. Perhaps more like social profiling. Ideology.

But im not a parent, and it still sounds like lots of fun. Maybe next time they should tell the kids what is up. You dont blindfold a kid and take them into a haunted house or other such scary environments, for the purpose of testing or entertaining the kid.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
wait a sec. who is still in school on June 30th? and 7 yrs old is about, what 1st grade? where were all the other elementary grades? or is this not in the US? I need more details...

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Totalstranger]

It wasn't in the US it was in Liverpool, England. All the entire years were involved.

It happened yesterday. And last night before bed i was talking to her about the day and aliens and such, and she got all scared and pleaded with me to stop even mentioning the word. Must have been playing on her mind because she came home from school all happy and chatty.

Then at 4 in the morning she woke up crying from a nightmare (about aliens of course) and spent the rest of the night in our bed.

She didn't want to talk about it this morning either. We used to have some great discussions regarding aliens in the past. Hope she's not now scared to even talk about them.

[edit on Thursday20102010-07-01T11:41:00-05:00am314120107 by thesneakiod]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This happened at a school in england last year. I honestly think it is similar to war of the worlds they are testing to see how they will react. It sounds like not too many over reacted.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I remember reading about several of these, this is the one that came to mind first. Scary, especially with that video for what was it.."lunchables"?

Linky

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
All we ever had were the normal run of the mill scavenger hunts. To me this just seems like a modernized upgraded funner scavenger hunt, on the premise of a lie, but still we were told of great prizes when we played just so we'd go along and the prize was usually a crappy thing like a ribbon or something you'd find in a crakcer jack box, maybe the old incentives were found to not be working so they made this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join