It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evacuation begun my source? cnn

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

Are you within 50 Miles of the coast? You did not drive through a Cat 2 or 3 to work. A cat 2 has 96 to 110 mph , cat 3 has 111 to 130 mph. I have sat through Ivan, Katrina and Rita as a member of the Louisiana National Guard within 50 miles of the coast. You my friend is full of S#!t

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by robbinsj
They could use the storm as an excuse to start this "early" evac on a cat 1. lmao. I still rem driving to work through a cat 2-3 a couple years ago and EVERYONE was required to show for work. I think there using the storm as a cover for the truth.

After all if they admited it being due to methane then we would be flipping out.

Deny ignorance!

What I find absolutely hilarious is you end this ridiculous diatribe with "Deny Ignorance".

I have been through Isabel, Francis, Ivan, Jeanne, Dennis, Charley and Wilma and I can assure you that your arse was not driving in a Tropical Storm much less a hurricane.

This is what bothers me about this site. People say over and over again to deny Ignorance when this place is chock full of it.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Seems like the title is streching the truth a bit too far as do most of these Bp threads.

You know what happened to the little boy that cryed wolf don't you.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

umm no not really..?
what?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

that makes sense
tHANKS ALOT 4 CONTRIBUTING SOMTHING
INSTEAD OF BEING NEGATIVE
LIKE some disinfos and slightly mentally challenged people on here

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm in Washington, DC. When should I begin my evacuation???

Can you really be serious??? Evacuation because of an oil spill?
Yes, it's terrible for the local ecosystem. I feel horrible for all of the plant and animal life that is affected. But evacuating...because of an oil spill? Am I missing something? Methane bubbles? Explosions? Sea floor dropping causing a Tsunami? Sink holes? On and on?

Do you have any idea how any of this sounds? It's funny that there are so many "experts" on so many subjects on this board...

Here I thought that most of the people on here were obese folks with no life, making stuff up to make themselves and their lives more interesting...

I've got an idea...Evacuate now! Evacuate to the nearest Psych Ward!

[edit on 30-6-2010 by DOcean]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DOcean

im not serious check the link from cnn
its a quote from the major he says that voluntary evac has begun
i dont know if he serious why dont u call and ask him?

[edit on 30-6-2010 by icecold7]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hmm something is up down there, mysterious plague effecting all sorts of plants including weeds and killing animals also.. like birds..
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOcean
I'm in Washington, DC. When should I begin my evacuation???

Can you really be serious??? Evacuation because of an oil spill?
Yes, it's terrible for the local ecosystem. I feel horrible for all of the plant and animal life that is affected. But evacuating...because of an oil spill? Am I missing something? Methane bubbles? Explosions? Sea floor dropping causing a Tsunami? Sink holes? On and on?

Do you have any idea how any of this sounds? It's funny that there are so many "experts" on so many subjects on this board...

Here I thought that most of the people on here were obese folks with no life, making stuff up to make themselves and their lives more interesting...

I've got an idea...Evacuate now! Evacuate to the nearest Psych Ward!

Icecold reply:
fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com...
why dont u check this link and u tell me

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the thread i got it from

any more questions?
[edit on 30-6-2010 by DOcean]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
No, no, no! Pay attention! CNN is talking about Brownsville, Texas!! That is Mayor Ahumada discussing a normal hurricane event. It has No connection to evacuating because of the oil leak!

God only knows how far this misinformation has spread!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
i have a thread that said about a month ago they were secretly dicussing evacuating the entire gulf coast
today i found a map of the area which they will evacute which i posted above
so where am i wrong exactly?

do u remember those fema coffins around alabma missisipi
its no coincedence most wher stock piled there mate
they will soon be used count on it

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7
did any of u people chech the link or the vid

the guys says evacuation has begun ok
he expect 10 percent 2 leave voluntarily
but they are ready 4 the worst case scenario\
so please
stop talking bs ok

Once again as other posters have pointed out this is because a possible category 2 hurricane is heading in the general vicinity that is being evacuated.

Certain low lying coastal areas and flood zones are ‘mandatory’ evacuation areas in the event of a hurricane.

I read this article yesterday on CNN and it only pertained to the Hurricane, in the area to be affected by the hurricane.

It did mention some people were evacuating because of the Hurricane and this is perfectly normal and so are the numbers of people evacuating, those in low lying areas, and mandatory evacuation zones, residents of hotels in low lying areas, elderly, infirm and special needs residents of low lying areas in mandatory evacuation zones.

This would be happening in regards to this hurricane even if there were no oil spill.

You obviously don’t live in a hurricane zone, and are not familiar with the typical safeguards a small percentage of the population takes in evacuating low lying and mandatory evacuation areas in a hurricane.

I live on Miami Beach which is a mandatory evacuation area for any Category 1 storm or over. The only people however forced to leave are quests of hotels. People are reminded that if they fail to evacuate to be prepared to go up to three days without emergency assistance during the storm and over that period of time of it’s immediate aftermath.

People with special needs like oxygen respirators or kidney dialysis, the elderly and indigent are strongly encouraged to leave, lest they suffer life threatening consequences in the event of a long term power outage or transportation shut down in the effected area of the storm.

This evacuation has nothing to do with the oil spill.

It’s great that you are vigilant regarding the developing situation in the gulf, but it would help you to educate yourself in regards to these things, and to understand and maintain your sources for threads like these.

The article on CNN was in regards to 10% of people evacuating the oncoming path of Hurricane Alex.

It had nothing to do with the Oil Spill and its only mention of the Oil Spill was that the Hurricanes path so far was well south of where Oil Spill area.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It's a vulnerable situation at best and no one person can listen to another without first following their own intuition.

For some the right thing to do is to wait it out and see but for others leaving now is their choice.

If we could truly trust tptb, bp, the answer would be clear cut.

My suggestion is to listen to your own inner guide and trust it completly.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
alright i get that now
this is not a direct hit yet
but wat will happen when hurricanes deliver a few direct hits??

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
After the Titanic hit the iceberg and it was obviously damaged and sinking…….there was those few who’s mind couldn’t get their mind around what was happening and told everyone they were crazy. And to go back to their rooms.
Yeah that worked out for them too!
With about only 1% of the oil actually getting on shore I’d say people have plenty to leave the area about. If the Gov or BP even mentions on accident that evacuations might be needed- it’s too late. I’d be willing to be that there are BP PAID members here to debunk all reports of what is really going on.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DOcean

also wher did i say the evac was becuase of the oil spill
cuz i didnt
the thing i say about oil is refering 2 the movie clip i posted
get it wright

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Steve8511

definetly
and more then one
id like 2 congratulate them cuz they are doing a hell of a job 2

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

also wher did i say the evac was becuase of the oil spill
cuz i didnt

Looks like a tocxic rain is coming...

leaving 4 a hurricane of oil, that's the difference

And implicitly by posting in the BP oil spill forum

[edit on 30-6-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by icecold7

Hurricane season has just begun so you are probably right, even if we escape this one there are others more dangerous on their way.

I wonder how we have had so many MAJOR ones in the Gulf region in the past few years and how the underwater currents and or pressure may pull them in...
And with the BP spill no telling how it will affect that region...

The whole situation is just a wombo.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

i have a thread that said about a month ago they were secretly dicussing evacuating the entire gulf coast
today i found a map of the area which they will evacute which i posted above
so where am i wrong exactly?

do u remember those fema coffins around alabma missisipi
its no coincedence most wher stock piled there mate
they will soon be used count on it

where is alabma missisipi exactly? is that even on earth? and what does "evacute" mean?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join