It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potheads Beware - drones are coming for you!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Found this amuzing article the other day, thought I'd share it:

Swiss smokers copped by pilotless plane

Geneva - Zealous Swiss soldiers called the police when the infra-red camera of a pilotless spy aircraft they were testing showed an image of two civilians smoking cannabis, a newspaper said on Sunday, adding that the incident had prompted a protest in the country's parliament.

link: www.iol.co.za...

man! alot of resources being used on stupidities!!

Why are they wasting time with this crap, should they be out looking for terrorrists...???

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The paranoia, looked to the skies oh stoned ones! Air force weed police are coming to get you!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by quadricle
Swiss smokers copped by pilotless plane

I agree quadricle. What a waste of funds. The drones should be
directed to car/auto traffic monitering. (reducing road toll deaths/injury)
Sanc'.

[edit on 15-6-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Mere happenstance. I seriously doubt that ANY government would use a multi-million dollar aircraft to bust dope smokers! I'm sure that their arrest was merely happenstance as a result of the testing of the aircraft.

However, on the other side of this issue, in the USA, the DEA uses helicopters outfitted with highly sensitive thermal imaging equipment to look for indoor "grow-rooms" which are lighted with HID (high-intensity) lighting systems which emit a tremendous amount of heat. When they get a "hit" they use this info as "probable cause" to obtain a warrant to view the address' electic bill records. Anything that falls outside of the realm of "Normal usage" or a sudden and prolonged "spike" in usage is generally enough to obtain warrants for wire-taps and such. Perhaps their is a reason to be paranoid.

At any rate, what a useless waste of tax dollars!

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by quadricle
man! alot of resources being used on stupidities!!

Why are they wasting time with this crap, should they be out looking for terrorrists...???

if you actually read your own article you'd have seen they were just "testing" the infrared camera when it spotted the people. the soldiers, who were not actively looking for this then called the police. so it looks as if this was seen by accident. so what is the true purpose of the drones then? well, here is is right from that article...

The army had been giving a trial run to one of its seven drones, pilotless planes equipped with cameras and normally used to spy on enemy troops, when they observed the scene, the paper said.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
if you actually read your own article you'd have seen they were just "testing" the infrared camera when it spotted the people.

I understood that man....

Just seemed funny at the time... but thanks anyways for ruining the moment there cmdrkeenkid

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Yep, he did say that it was amusing, Keen...

Those ganja smokers were just at the wrong place at the wrong time...

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Those ganja smokers were just at the wrong place at the wrong time...

Sorry Bandit, i can't remember...

Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
How did they establish the difference between smoking cannabis and people smoking cigarettes?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lukefj
How did they establish the difference between smoking cannabis and people smoking cigarettes?

Bandits avatar!!

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
seems the bears are in on it too

Grizzlies in Yellowstone break into camper's weed supply

A marijuana-munching grizzly bear with a history of belly-flopping on tents in Yellowstone National Park likely has a short future in the wild.

bozemandailychronicle.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Heeey BooBooo!!! This is the best pic-a-nic basket ever!!! NOw I'm hiiiiiigher than the average bear!!! Yehehehaay!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lukefj

You don't take two hits from a cigarette, hold it in, and pass it.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Why can't they find a 6'5" Arab dragging a dyalisis machine?

Why can't they find WMD???

Why do they give a crap about some potsmokers?

I think they need to sit back and burn one.

Quit being so uptight!

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Everyone needs to sit back a burn one and realise that nothing is worth fighting and killing for. If everybody was satisfied with what they had then there would be no war.

why the hell can't they find Bin laden if they can pinpoint stoners?

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Heeey BooBooo!!! This is the best pic-a-nic basket ever!!! NOw I'm hiiiiiigher than the average bear!!! Yehehehaay!!!

bandit, thats frikkin hilarious - LoL!!!

new topics

top topics

join