It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Meditation, Third Eyes, Chakra Clairification

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
You should look up some methods. Mine would have to be the rope. Lay on your back on a bed or the floor, as long as you're comfy, then just relax and clear your conscience. Just breathe. Then, imagine a rope above you, and imagine you pulling up on the rope. Not literally. Just imagine you raising your hands touching the rope, and pulling yourself up the rope. Repeatedly. Hope it helps.
If not, just look up some other methods, and find whichever works and is easy for you.

Wish you the best.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Opening the Ajna chakra (third eye) should not be your goal. Instead, it should be the balance between the chakras and activating the whole system.

Stated in the AYP (advanced Yoga practices), the basis of Yoga lies in meditation. So, before starting to activate the chakras (doing Yoga) one should meditate regularly. The point is to find stillness, clarity and balance before starting with the techniques.

The Kriya yoga (that nine-eyed-eel also posted about) is (from what I've studied) is THE most ancient, original and mystical tradition of them all. It's as far away from the granny sunday Yoga as you can get. You could almost call it the darkside Yoga.. (although nothing sinister about it). It's for serious practicioners.

I seriously recommend some deep meditation and grounding before doing this stuff, so you won't mess up your nervous system.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Thanks for all the reply's so far guys.
I have read about the rope and other ones like pretend you are turning in bed once you reach that vibrational state....

One thing though. I dont dream that often ( or maybe I just dont remeber half the time ) but I noticed that when I wake up in the morning and go back to sleep, I will literally have about 2-4 different dreams. Sometimes they are lucid dreams...is it possible to "wake up" when you are having a lucid dream and are fully aware you are having one. And would trying to clear your mind and enter the higher state of mind be best to try after I have awaken in the morning?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
KM,

I was talking about the youtube video! Paying someone to help develop a growth in the middle of my forehead just isn't very appealing. I feel knowledge should be free and abundant, if someone is asking you for money.. seriously reconsider.

When opening your chakras, if your doing it right, you will feel a pressure at first. Later on this will change into a pulsing, eventually you will be able to feel them spinning and even control their rate of spin. This is where it gets fun. The meditations on JOS are quality, I've had great results and swear by them.

The purpose of meditation is to raise our Kundalini, this is when we become like Buddha, Christ, Krishna, etc. Raising this life-force energy through the crown is something everyone should aspire to, for it connects our consciousness to that of the grand universe. Awareness and understanding blossom, communication with trees and animals becomes normal, supernatural powers develop. This is also known as Christ consciousness, the golden energy of balance.. here we begin to truly create our own reality.

There are many aspects and steps to obtaining this 'enlightenment'
The eight fold path for example:

www.angelfire.com...

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Mayura]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura

The meditations on JOS are quality

JOS?

Anyway, I agree with this post. But I couldn't stress the importance of the grounding enough. When done in the wrong way, you may develop the so-called Kundalini sicknes. My guess is that it's some form of neurological imbalance. Not fun at all.

There's no risk in meditation, but when advancing to yoga, I think one should take it step by step. It is indeed the key to the higher states of being. I wouldn't go as far as calling it the Christ or Buddha consciousness 'tho..

For most people, the daily meditation is a challenge enough, and the results of only that can be amazing.

Looks like I should have read the thread more carefully, here's a perfect example what Kundalini sickness can cause:

reply to post by hadriana

[edit on 30/6/2010 by Tryptych]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by YouCanCallMeKM

The classical thing to wake up in your lucid dreams is to perform a set task in the dream (always the same task, so that doing that task in the dream is the sign and the means of you taking control in that dream) such as, look at your left hand, or, pick your nose...(hand tasks are good because hands have a certain symbolic value as "will", if you ask me, but, to each his own)...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

Yea, I've read that you should go look in a mirror, if you dont see a reflection you know you've awaken, or simply try to out your finger threw your hand.

I did a little more research on binaural beats, and it seems that Theta binaural beats is what I'm looking for to achieve a deep meditation. I know I shouldn't be asking this but is there anywhere I can download a long theta beat? I tried searching already but no luck, only streaming ones, and youtube ones are only 10 min. I'd like to give the beats 1-3 more trys to see if anything happens, if not, I will just lay down and clear my mind best way I could for a couple weeks with some results hopefully.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
If you're after a free long one try this!. Works good for me. Also it sounds like you might be expecting a bit much too soon. Just relax and take it one step at a time. It takes a long time to get the hang of it.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by 11shaman11]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 11shaman11

Yeaa, I'm going to lower my expectations lol, because I dont want to end up being frustrated when nothing happens and then give up you know. So it looks like this is going to be a looong ride, but it will be worth it in the end.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Hi all,

I read this thread, and last night, I thought, what the heck, I'll try it. That's because one time a spiritual person once said to me I have strong vibrations?

So I was lying in my bed, doing the rope meditation. And almost directly, everything went black. I felt tingling in my hand, on my face, on my upper lip.
It was like my eyes were in REM. I saw some foggy pictures, and at one moment in the right corner of my 'vision' ( I could really see with my eyes closed, and I was awake!) I saw some kind of tower, with a big gold globe on the top. That's when I lost my concentration. So, what do you make up of it?

Am I just crazy? Is it my imagination? Or perhaps I can get in meditation very quickly? Is it normal to start seeing things while in meditation?

Thank you for your advice.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by extmai

Wish I could tell you but I just started getting into this too so I can't be much of help, maybe some one else can.

I have one question. I started reading the Clairvision link and it talks about making a vibration sensation with the larynx, how do I achieve this exactly?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Could the third eye be used as a gateway?

What would a gateway be?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Forgive me but I think you are overcomplicating things. All you need to do is to know the basics and the rest will follow.

You wish to blaze your Ajna chakra right so here is how to do it. Find a dark space; make yourself as comfortable as possible so that you will not need to move to adjust circulation later on. Concentrate only on your breathing, with each exhale expel spiritual toxins as a black gas and with every inhalation imagine a web of wispy light entering your body and reinforcing your energy until you glow from foot to head.

Put no time limit on this, there is no hurry.

As you concentrate you will become much more relaxed and the song, a high pitched keening between your ears will be very loud but not unpleasantly so. This sound is a great indicator of things to come but it can all be undone with a distracting thought should an undisciplined mind let it.

It is a tightrope you walk within your mind at the beginning but this is what you strive for because the silent struggle is there to force you to become better and more accomplished in this meditation over time and practice and it is there to separate the chaff from the wheat. Not all who strive will realise their waiting potential because in my opinion it is not because they are lacking it is because at this time in their life they are not ready. It is rare to have all you wish happen straight away but if you are serious then you must persevere.

When you are fully relaxed and sheathed in light simply imagine a small white light slightly above and between your eyes. Take your time and do not hurry and these manifestations of the spiral are normal and yet they can easily distract you from what it is you are trying to achieve.

Let go, let all the thoughts just go and imagine this light at your forehead start to pulse in time to your breathing and if it chooses to twist then let it do what it will, allow it free will because it is not fighting you it is trying to free you. This of course is my own way of doing things but they work very well for me over many years so I pass them onto you so that you may have more options should you wish to use them and add them to the way you do things.

The vibration will manifest at first as a fluttering or as feathers gently touching your skin, sounds flitting from one side to another sometimes, fingers gently brushing your cheek or lips. Let them and be one with them and do not let your mind think on them but I must tell you that the first time you experience this you will probably come tumbling back down to earth because the distraction of such a thing is powerful - disconcerting.

Even music and voices but if you start to hear the latter then my friend you are really close to experiencing something amazing - I will not tell you details but it is an eye watering surprise I call the 'data stream' and I leave it at that.

Keep practicing and do not give up but at the same time do not become so wrapped up in reaching this space because to try too hard is paradoxically to push you further away from the destination as it were.

The process is so simple but trying to get the mind to know that is the trick here.

1) Relax the body and mind.
2) Breathing, slow it and focus only on the actions of in and out.
3) Imagine a small light at your forehead and linked to your breathing
4) Pulse the light in tune to your breathing and if you need to then imagine a Tibetan bell being struck gently by a log in time to your breathing – inhale the log strikes the bell – exhale the log drifts back ready to strike again at the next inhalation.

This is my own technique I evolved over years and it works very well if you find it difficult to maintain your meditational equilibrium as I did due to post traumatic stress.

Another thing is that from my own personal point of view is that I would advise that you abstain from sexual activities for a few days because the energy you gain from this will be very noticeable and be a very powerful ally to you. It will help you to break through and the full body vibration you seek will be powered by this sexual energy as it has been my experience that abstinence and mediation go perfectly together and the most insightful periods of mediation were aided from periods of sexual abstinence!

Anyway good luck and if you do not give up then it will work one day, you just need to learn to still the mind and let go of your life for the time you strive to soar (sorry for the cliché).

PS: I love your avatar

*edit for spelling*

[edit on 2-7-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Thanks for taking your time with that long post lol
I think I might try your technique tonight and see what happens. I'm not going to expect much, but I'll see how far I'll be able to get, and if anything happens I'll gladly let you know

And thanks!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Yes I know I can 'slather' on for a bit and you are not the first to mention it. I do not tend to speak a lot but when I do I can really let it rip and my wife for instance has a saying for me when I get into full flow - 'STFU please'

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Pretty good visualization technique... yeah, darkness stimulates the pineal gland.

I can't stress the grounding enough 'tho (again). Kundalini sickness can be bad and can mess up your social life completely.. or, the worst case scenario, you go bonkers.

So I think proper meditation and grounding is pretty crucial.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

I am in agreement and I did not mention meditational grounding only because I would think a person serious about the subject would know that grounding is very important and it would not need to be said as I wished to focus on my methodology. My own grounding for instance is tried to regular physical exercise, a correct diet and hydration and I permanently wear something always that is red.

I prefer to focus on glowing my tailbone as part of a good grounding. I guess it works because meditation has been something that has shone a light into my life when I really needed it and apart from some scary moments I have had no problems at all other than the focus and a difficulty in maintaning it in the early years.

Had I not taken up meditation and tied it intrinsically to regular meditation then I probably would be destroyed by now.

So yes, grounding is very important or sickness becomes a risk.
Starred for the words of caution!

By the way someone in the thread mentioned the rope trick and I have read of that being very effective before if one wishes to astral project. I have not tired it as my interest is not to leave my body but to dive deeper into it as it were.

*edit for spelling* (again)

[edit on 3-7-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
You can try breathing exercises or pranayama to get started. The reason I feel that breathing exercises could be helpful is because in these exercises, your conscious mind starts focusing on the breathing pattern after some period of time. Due to this, other conscious thought processes subsides and you reach a state of stillness.

You can try this one:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouCanCallMeKM
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

Yea, I've read that you should go look in a mirror, if you dont see a reflection you know you've awaken, or simply try to out your finger threw your hand.

I did a little more research on binaural beats, and it seems that Theta binaural beats is what I'm looking for to achieve a deep meditation. I know I shouldn't be asking this but is there anywhere I can download a long theta beat? I tried searching already but no luck, only streaming ones, and youtube ones are only 10 min. I'd like to give the beats 1-3 more trys to see if anything happens, if not, I will just lay down and clear my mind best way I could for a couple weeks with some results hopefully.

Try for Dr. Jeffrey Thompson's Brainwave alpha theta music series. I have heard that it is pretty good.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
WOOOAHHH!!! First Experience!!!
lol sorry, im just happy, I had an experience today. The funny thing is though, that I was not even trying to do it. I went to bed sleeping on my side, thinking I would give my brain a little rest from this meditation, then I noticed I was dreaming. During the dream, I started to feel awake, while I was getting more aware of this awake feeling, I started hearing "wind" sounds in my ear which got louder, but I obviously had to get soo excited that I came out of it, and then I noticed I was actually awake. Oh man what a feeling it was. Next time I will make sure NOT to get so excited and just let it take me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join