It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Of - EVP's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
After a discussion in another thread regarding EVP's, I figured it would be a good idea to hear other EVP's collected by users, and collate them all in one place.

Whether they are yours, or just discovered on the net, post them here, and share them with the ATS community.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mathyn Rain

Thank you very much for the thread!

I'm going to follow what you did and set up a recorder tonight and leave it running and in my spare time listen to it and see if I find anything out of the ordinary. I'll post any interesting results here!

I hope to listen to other possible EVPs from other users as well.

Kind regards

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I have had many ghostly experiences in my life. I bought a recorder last year intending to use for evp, but am kind of hesitant and have not used it yet. I don't believe it would be wise recording your own place of rest and relaxation. If something was to be recorded, it would bother the hell out of me. But that's just me. I have also read that it could kind of have the ouija effect and bring about some undesired attention. Thanks for starting the thread, i will definitely be following this and hope that we can get some good ones on here. Good luck Hitotsumami, hope you get something good!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sniknej

Hmm, honestly, I don't think I would mind 'undesired attention'. This is a subject I do not believe in and have a lot of interest in, so anything to help prove this phenomenon and increase my knowledge is something I'm interested in!

I can understand your point though.

Kind regards

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

any luck Hitotsumami? been thinking about you trying to catch evp.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I am gonna have another go at it this weekend, unfortunately only recording medium I have now is a rockband microphone connected to my PC as my old tape recorder (RIP) died years ago, but hey I'll see how it goes.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

so, unless the ghost is the internet surfing type you probably won't be too lucky?
try it, hope you get something. they may have been reading all your ATS material and love that room! good luck! as i stated earlier though, i would use caution in my own home. and if i did catch something, would i regret it?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
lol well is a long cable on the mic, so as long as the entity is withing 5 feet of the PC I'll get it

But to be honest, an EVP I got myself many years ago turned me from skeptic to believer. But again its the type of thing people will debunk time and time again, so the best way is to just have a crack at it yourself, no one else to prove anything to but yourself. When you know that there was no one else even close to the recorder and no other conceivable way you can receive answers to the questions you ask, that prove intelligence, Is quite exhilarating

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Thanks for the EVP BlastedCaddy, have converted to MP3 and upload, hopefully this works as is my first attempt at using ATS media portal.

Audio Of MP3 - - files.abovetopsecret.com...

Screencap Of Audacity - - [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f1082336eec6.jpg[/atsimg]

mod edit, to remove code for embedding audio file

[edit on Sat Jul 3 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Well I have had a good listen to it and viewed and filtered it in Audacity to great extent.

As you said, around the 20 second mark there is some sort of distortion like a 'pop' and then a sound I cant quite identify.

Kind of sounds like a page turning...

I have viewed it in great detail in Audacity and it seems that the initial sound after the distortion at the 20sec mark is then echoed twice...

It is definitely the same sound echoed, you can see this in the screen cap I uploaded.

I can't discern any distinguishable voice from it, but it is none the less intriguing. I am adamant that the initial noise is echoed twice, but the question is what is the initial sound..

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
any other ATS'ers have any opinions?

Or any other EVP's to contribute?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

it does sound kind of like a page turning or a distant can of soda/beer getting opened up. could very well be a voice, but i cannot make it out. yipee! the first evp post!!! Thanks you two.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Heres a pretty good list of EVP's. Some of them are pretty freakin cool!

theshadowlands.net...

PS: the best program to analyze EVPS IMO is Audacity. It's free, just google it!

Edit 2, here is a link directly to CSPA, there's some sample EVP's as well as links to the history of etc.

paranormalcoloradosprings.org...

We've caught some pretty cool ones recently, they haven't been posted on the page yet, I hope we can get em up soon tho!

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Wookiep]

top topics

join